What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rate the new uniforms

What grade do you give?

• A - perfect balance of modernizing while staying true to CU brand

Votes: 92 50.5%
  • B - really good, but wanted a little something different

Votes: 52 28.6%
  • C - okay, it's decent but nothing special

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • D - sub-standard, but at least it's something

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • F - failure, these really suck

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
Ours are much better. I'm so glad they went with the Ralphie logo instead of the interlocking CU. That just looks dumb.

My main complaint about the Wake Forest unis is that they don't say Wake Forest anywhere. If I turn on the tv and they're playing, I might think it's Army or someone else for a minute. I mean, isn't identifying the team the fundamental thing a uniform is supposed to do?

My main complaint about the Wake Forest unis is that they don't say Wake Forest anywhere. If I turn on the tv and they're playing, I might think it's Army or someone else for a minute. I mean, isn't identifying the team the fundamental thing a uniform is supposed to do?

This! Unless you locate the WF on their helmets; they're just another black and gold team. I love that COLORADO is on the chest of our Unis. I could have also settled for Buffaloes on one variation.

This! Unless you locate the WF on their helmets; they're just another black and gold team. I love that COLORADO is on the chest of our Unis. I could have also settled for Buffaloes on one variation.

I think Slider actually mentioned this a while back, but I think it would have been cool to see "BUFFS" on one, like the alternate grey bball jerseys.

Yeah, I think for out of state kids the 'Buffaloes' has more of a draw than 'Colorado.' Of course if the majority of your fans are from Colorado you want their support. Either way is great

Crap. You're right, it is supposed to be black. I had just read an article saying the UNLV was stepping up the trend of "silver is the new black" in college football. But whatever that look is in the picture, I like it better than our grey.

Okay. I'll try to do this the right way (since I haven't really shared my full opinion on the uniforms yet). I hope I don't get in trouble with 'Tini.

7/10

At first they were about an 8 or 8.5, but when I saw the combinations, I began to like them less.

Helmets: I really like all of the helmets individually. But I can't imagine liking the white helmet with any of the combinations (I think gold looks better with all whites). No, idiot. Gold helmets on all white unis looks like a cotton swab that was just used to clean ear wax. I have never liked all-whites until this new all white with white helmet combo.

All gray uniform: The best gray uniforms incorporate more color, in my opinion. To me, this all grays look filmy, like the player should be an extra in the 60's era Star Trek show, or maybe a Dr. Seuss character. Honestly, in the reveal, that uniform took a world-class athlete like Nelson Spruce and made him look a little dumpy. Do not like the all gray uniform at all. I don't really see what you're seeing, so we'll just disagree.

Stormtrooper Uniform: It seems this look is favored by schools from little cow towns Okie State, Wyoming and maybe Auburn. I cannot separate that look from those schools. I don't get it, I guess. I think it would be better (as indicated previously) with a gold helmet. As previously indicated, you're an idiot.

The pants: Fine. They're pants, but I don't see any utility to the white pants. I think gold looks better with white or black jerseys. Maybe the gray pants with the white or black jerseys would be okay? I can't stand gold pants with white jerseys. I actually hate that combo more than I hated all whites with gold helmet. I think white pants should only be worn with the stormtrooper look. Gold pants should only be worn with black or gray jersey. Black pants should work fine with any combo and I can probably be okay with different combos of gray pants.

The jerseys: I really prefer the look of Oregon's most recent jersey's (after the horrible abominations of the Chip Kelley era), and I really like their new gold jersey; I acknowledge that we can't keep up with Oregon in the uniform department (and I don't like Oregon at all). But I was wondering if we would go in that direction. I also generally like the fit and paneling of the **** Baylor (**** Baylor!) uniforms. I think they did a better upgrade than we did. I basically agree. I was expecting a more bold change with the jerseys and they look fairly bland to me, but they aren't ugly, so I'm okay with them. When I saw posts mentioning the flatirons in the numbers and the "horns" on the jerseys, I still couldn't see it. Watched the video that mentioned them and still barely notice. It's a "custom" thing that no one will know about, so who gives a ****.

Also in the jerseys, it seems a lot of people like the traditional black jersey. Me too. However, I still think it falls short of the Barnett era jerseys. Yes, the Barnett jersey's would benefit from a more modern fit, and maybe different stitching. But the traditional jersey, in my opinion, could have incorporated a more traditional look with a more modern fit.

So there you have it. I hope I addressed this topic with the appropriate gravity that it deserves. I have never worn crocs--can 'Tini say the same?

It seems a lot of your complaints are with the utility of different options based on the combination pictures. I have a hard time considering that a knock on the uniforms as a whole, unless we actually use a lot of those combos. I'm much more in the group of wanting to see a few different combos, but not a million mix and matches.

My comments in bold.

IMO, I think the all-white and -gray options are an improvement, but the black jersey is a downgrade from last year's black. On the black jersey, I liked the shoulder stripes and large COLORADO, whereas the new version's numbers seem abnormally large relative to the other jerseys (maybe it is the bordering) and COLORADO looks diminished. Yet, overall, I think they did a good job.

IMO, I think the all-white and -gray options are an improvement, but the black jersey is a downgrade from last year's black. On the black jersey, I liked the shoulder stripes and large COLORADO, whereas the new version's numbers seem abnormally large relative to the other jerseys (maybe it is the bordering) and COLORADO looks diminished. Yet, overall, I think they did a good job.

I was happy to get rid of the shoulder stripes and didn't like when they were brought back. Shoulder pads have changed and aren't the bulky things they used to be. Stripes went with the sleeves that fit the old pads but don't look right with the new ones.

I can't stand is the single (what looks like an afterthought when worn with pads) stripe on the sleeve hem - especially the black jersey. And I still hate the font (all sports). Have hated it since they changed it.

Do uniforms matter?

Quote from recruit, Tayler Hawkins when asked about his recent CU offer, "I definitely like their uniforms, and I like their field and what they are doing with their facilities, too," he said when asked about the Buffs. "I don't really know much about Colorado besides that, though. I am still trying to learn."

Believe it or not, these things matter to recruits and it's about time CU got on board.

Do uniforms matter?

Quote from recruit, Tayler Hawkins when asked about his recent CU offer, "I definitely like their uniforms, and I like their field and what they are doing with their facilities, too," he said when asked about the Buffs. "I don't really know much about Colorado besides that, though. I am still trying to learn."

Believe it or not, these things matter to recruits and it's about time CU got on board.
He's referring to last year's.

Like the all white, not much difference with style of the uniforms. Give it a 6. Win and they'll look awesome.

A 6? Damn you are a bitch of a grader.

I'm a big fan of real clean, simple looks so flourishes like the gold band around the sleeve in the black jerseys drives me crazy, but that's nitpicky stuff. My favorite NFL jerseys are the Bears and Raiders so that's what appeals to me I guess. These were a good effort though.

I'm a big fan of real clean, simple looks so flourishes like the gold band around the sleeve in the black jerseys drives me crazy, but that's nitpicky stuff. My favorite NFL jerseys are the Bears and Raiders do that's what appeals to me I guess. These were a good effort though.

It really depends on the jersey for me. I think the Raiders have a great looking scheme, as do the Bears. Not everything has to be flashy, it needs to look good above all else and recognizable. I think our uniforms accomplished that.

Arrrggghhh

You don't understand. 'Tini discovered fashion. If you don't agree with his view of what looks good, then you must wear Crocs. That's the only possibility. It couldn't be that you prefer a more classic and understated approach to style. Crocs. That must be it.

He's an insufferable asshole that seems to be getting worse. This shouldn't be news.

You don't understand. 'Tini discovered fashion. If you don't agree with his view of what looks good, then you must wear Crocs. That's the only possibility. It couldn't be that you prefer a more classic and understated approach to style. Crocs. That must be it.

He's an insufferable asshole that seems to be getting worse. This shouldn't be news.

Tini isn't an asshole, he's just a dumbass.

Tini isn't an asshole, he's just a dumbass.
No, I am an asshole who loves CU and has sometimes irrational thoughts regarding CU.

And let's be real, you are in no position to be calling people dumbasses, Mr. 140 degrees/Fleshlight salesmen

Last edited:
Back