What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting so far...

What grade would you give Tucker and his staff for their recruiting efforts so far?

• A

Votes: 23 9.7%
  • A-

Votes: 39 16.5%
  • B+

Votes: 72 30.5%
  • B

Votes: 60 25.4%
  • B-

Votes: 19 8.1%
  • C+

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • C

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • C-

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • D

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • F

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
I already love this class with guys like wray Lewis Lee guy Thomas lichenstein or whatever Julius coats and fauria. Now Rice is the cherry to the receiving core, the best rb duo we've had in a long time. We need jayland Parker at lb. Tucker has an A- now but will get an A real easy if he bags a couple recruits. I'm sure they want 25+ guys so there could be more in the way

Jayland Parker will not be a Buff.

I prefer to stop making excuses and rationalizations. If Tucker is the real deal, he's gonna get this class into the top 25 or really close to it without any mental gymnastics. Big steps the last few weeks. Let's hope he can close.

I prefer to stop making excuses and rationalizations. If Tucker is the real deal, he's gonna get this class into the top 25 or really close to it without any mental gymnastics. Big steps the last few weeks. Let's hope he can close.

I think that is a good standard to have but let me caveat by saying you should include Alfano in there. I would say even if the rating services do not Alfano into their rankings we should. Do that and I think we will finish well into the 25.

I think that is a good standard to have but let me caveat by saying you should include Alfano in there. I would say even if the rating services do not Alfano into their rankings we should. Do that and I think we will finish well into the 25.
You are including Alfano just cause you want to, not cause he belongs in this class. Do whatever you want to feel better about the class, but I'm going to let the class stand on its own. Other schools have transfers that aren't being included in their class either. If you want apples to apples, you don't include him.

You are including Alfano just cause you want to, not cause he belongs in this class. Do whatever you want to feel better about the class, but I'm going to let the class stand on its own. Other schools have transfers that aren't being included in their class either. If you want apples to apples, you don't include him.
This is not a typical transfer. This is recruiting the #1 recruiting target in the country. I play with statistics as a job all day long I don't dismiss the recruiting calculations as irrelevant but when a large outside variable like this occurs you tweak the metric to be close to reality. In the end of the day its the reality that matters. The reality is that Mel Tucker recruited a major bad ass on this team.

That said I think there are more recruits coming, and I do want to see Mel close on this class. Hopefully the difference in our perspectives are moot after this class is settled. You will see it as a top 24 team and I will see it as a top 15 team and we will both be happy. My view will just be closer to reality.

This is not a typical transfer. This is recruiting the #1 recruiting target in the country. I play with statistics as a job all day long I don't dismiss the recruiting calculations as irrelevant but when a large outside variable like this occurs you tweak the metric to be close to reality. In the end of the day its the reality that matters. The reality is that Mel Tucker recruited a major bad ass on this team.

That said I think there are more recruits coming, and I do want to see Mel close on this class. Hopefully the difference in our perspectives are moot after this class is settled. You will see it as a top 24 team and I will see it as a top 15 team and we will both be happy. My view will just be closer to reality.
Unless you go add transfers to all the other schools, you are not comparing apples to apples by adding alfano. So it's a useless tweak for the sole purpose of making you feel better about the class.

Let us know what all the final rankings are for every team in the country when you add in their transfers. Thanks!

Unless you go add transfers to all the other schools, you are not comparing apples to apples by adding alfano. So it's a useless tweak for the sole purpose of making you feel better about the class.

I am not taking a side here. But the fact of the matter is that Tucker recruited Alfano here, and he is a guy that every other team in the country wanted. That in itself is a big deal in my opinion. So if you are going to grade Tucker's recruiting based on rankings, don't you need to account for Alfano somehow?

I may not be a smart man but...if you add all the transfers to recruiting class and we got the NUMBER****ingONE recruit in the nation to transfer to us it should elevate our ranking (no?)

I am not taking a side here. But the fact of the matter is that Tucker recruited Alfano here, and he is a guy that every other team in the country wanted. That in itself is a big deal in my opinion. So if you are going to grade Tucker's recruiting based on rankings, don't you need to account for Alfano somehow?
That's what asterisks are for. You don't ignore it, but he's a transfer for a reason. There is additional risk that he doesn't work out. He's absolutely a big positive, but I'm not going to go changing the base status of the class because of it. There is an asterisk on the 2008 class for the opposite reason: the top level guys mostly didn't work out or transferred before contributing. The rankings are the rankings, but you can add context from there.

If the class finishes the way we want, no one will have to circle back to Alfano as an argument for the class. Not understanding why that is a crazy stance.

I know I harp on it a lot, but blue chip prep recruits should be the defining measure of a class.

If the class finishes the way we want, no one will have to circle back to Alfano as an argument for the class. Not understanding why that is a crazy stance.

I know I harp on it a lot, but blue chip prep recruits should be the defining measure of a class.
I 100% agree with you.

I get that recruiting metrics matter, but I personally take them with a big grain of salt as they can be deceiving in some instances. My question to Darth was more due to the fact that he wanted to set a baseline measurement of success for Tucker, while assigning no measurable element to a substantial achievement by him. That just seems inconsistent. Although including Alfano in the 2020 class doesn't quite seem right either.

Regardless, as I said before, I agree with you. At the end of the day no one will care about the ranking of this class or Alfano. The only thing that matters is the results on the field.

Back