What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George releases a statement

Hey, I’m all over the “**** bailer”
Bandwagon. I was a founding member. I have nothing but utter disdain for that institution. It’s pure sleaze across the board. BUT, they are ranked higher than CU and their athletics are light years better than ours. I’m not suggesting we should emulate their tactics, merely their ability to be both solid academically and athletically.

I’m honestly a little confused what you guys expect a statement like that to say. I thought it was fine as long as it didn’t say he backed Dorrell and believes he is the right coach
Based off of historical evidence surrounding ADs across the country…don’t we actually want it to say that?

No Bieniemy. No Chev. No 90s WR coaches who haven’t advanced. No buffs4life has-beens. No 20x retreads.

ffs

Fresh offensive mind that can make do with limited resources by implementing their unique system. G5 and schools like WSU seem to be able to nail this profile all the time. It’s not that hard

Tad has Tadball and we have done well with MBB.

I called for the Air Raid in the past but it wasn't received on this board too warmly. If we are not going to the option with the next coaching hire, just go with the Air Raid. Just make sure we have QBs that know where the first down marker is at and has the full understanding that they need to cross that first down line.

Take those links and email them to Saliman. I doubt anybody up there even knows that.
Yeah. And then show him Michigan, Notre Dame, UGA, UF, USC, UW, Wisc, UT, and every other school that seems like it’s better at football.

FOR ****'S SAKE.

I am literally begging some of you to think a little bigger than "hey who is coaching now that I remember playing for the Buffs?"

We had Bieniemy here before! We've seen that show!

CU needs someone who is dialed in to the modern game and recruiting. Major plusses if they have an identity they can bring on either side of the ball. I have serious doubts that anyone with an "NFL Pedigree" has those characteristics.
Yes. Agreed. That’s what we need. Definitely.

AND when this mythical coach rides into Boulder on a big pink unicorn pulling a cart of free PS5s with the new NCAA game ONLY for CU fans that will be lovely, too.

As they say, if wishes were horses…. CUs mascot would be a wild herd of rampaging mustangs.

Yeah. And then show him Michigan, Notre Dame, UGA, UF, USC, UW, Wisc, UT, and every other school that seems like it’s better at football.
Put Delaware University in there. Ranked higher than us academically, is 3-0 and has a victory over a perennial power G5 this season. Whoopsies.

Tad has Tadball and we have done well with MBB.

I called for the Air Raid in the past but it wasn't received on this board too warmly. If we are not going to the option with the next coaching hire, just go with the Air Raid. Just make sure we have QBs that know where the first down marker is at and has the full understanding that they need to cross that first down line.
Wasn't Chev a proponent of a version of the Air Raid?

If you looked at our current talent (and how we are likely to recuit in the near term) what is the best offense to take advantage of our strengths and minimize our weaknesses? What is the best offense to choose if your o-line isn't good? (obviously they all do best with a good o-line...but what is the best choice if you have a sub par one?).

Wasn't Chev a proponent of a version of the Air Raid?

If you looked at our current talent (and how we are likely to recuit in the near term) what is the best offense to take advantage of our strengths and minimize our weaknesses? What is the best offense to choose if your o-line isn't good? (obviously they all do best with a good o-line...but what is the best choice if you have a sub par one?).
Go-Go. Easy to teach/learn, a bitch to prepare against.

Efficiency = accomplishing everything your offense is capable of in 3 plays or fewer
This is what we’ve done. Problem is, our offense capable of -4 yards. We can completely do that in 3 plays. And do, regularly. But I won’t use the damn word.

I’m totally on board with an unbalanced, even gimicy, offense. I don’t care what it is, frankly. Bring on the I-bone.
I believe in the old school formula:

1. Play great defense
2. Play great special teams
3. Be great at one thing on offense as your identity (fvck this "multiple" noise they've been trying to sell us for 15+ years)

I’m totally on board with an unbalanced, even gimicy, offense. I don’t care what it is, frankly. Bring on the I-bone.
The weird thing is that I wouldn't describe the go-go as gimmicky, but innovative.

The base is a series of old, old school (like leather helmet days) formations, but the innovation is that you can run almost every offensive play ever drawn up in the history of the game out of those formations - so the defense has nothing to key on.

The weird thing is that I wouldn't describe the go-go as gimmicky, but innovative.

The base is a series of old, old school (like leather helmet days) formations, but the innovation is that you can run almost every offensive play ever drawn up in the history of the game out of those formations - so the defense has nothing to key on.
I used to run a double Tight/HB (think standing wings) pistol spread. The sh!t I could do off that was infinite.

This gets us back to the issue that I bring up all the time, which is the fact that at most other schools, he would have free reign to ****can KD at his discretion. But not here. He has to run it past Phil, and then it probably has to go through some kind of process. Phil will meddle and **** it up (as is his standard process), and we will be stuck with this disaster for longer than we should be. We can’t get out of our own way when it comes to stuff like this.
I don’t think there are a lot of schools where ANY administrator gets to just throw $8 million down the toilet.

USNWR gives private schools an edge in the rankings. Student debt load at graduation is a factor in the rankings, and damn near nobody is at Baylor on student loans. Daddy pays.
More than half of Baylor students are on need-based aid, and 92% of students total receive aid. Having been at both institutions, the number of rich kids at Baylor and CU, as a percentage of the campus, is not dramatically different. The CU out-of-state tuition paid by nearly half our students ain't cheap.

Vance Joseph
Funny Face Lol GIF

I believe in the old school formula:

1. Play great defense
2. Play great special teams
3. Be great at one thing on offense as your identity (fvck this "multiple" noise they've been trying to sell us for 15+ years)

That works as long as your offense is moving the chains which isn't happening enough at CU these days.

But since before the Hawkins days, I have been dying for an offensive identity. Since it is obvious that CU isn't going to put in the resources for football, we need to go with any offense that can win despite the lack of resources. The Air Raid is one and the triple option is another. I'd go Air Raid since the last time we had a decent offense, we were running some sort of the Air Raid plus we could have a QB run the ball on draws and zone read plays.

Time to look through the Hal Mumme/Mike Leach coaching tree and see what we can find.

Back