What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George releases a statement

That was 92 seconds of absolute nothingness.
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

😂😂😂

KD is so lost

He was served up a total softball later in the presser about UCLA leaving the conference, nostalgia, etc. And the ****ing idiot cut off the question and was like "I can't even imagine stuff like that, I'm concentrating only on the next game"

Good call coach, lets stay away from nostalgia questions and stick only to the games that have been played so well. Nothing off topic

Well, you have to give the guy credit. He has learned how to smoothly apply a layer of BS to his answers. That was a pretty good job of spouting nothing.

Hope you are right?
While I’m certain we need to move on, what HC can we get at this point? Do we just wait till the end of the season? Then what? Grab whomever has been recently fired? How many program-saving coaches are just hanging out there waiting for a call from RG?

Sure a good Assistant Coach. Maybe. But aren’t we facing a MT problem all over again? Things need to get fixed above the HC or AD level.

While I’m certain we need to move on, what HC can we get at this point? Do we just wait till the end of the season? Then what? Grab whomever has been recently fired? How many program-saving coaches are just hanging out there waiting for a call from RG?

Sure a good Assistant Coach. Maybe. But aren’t we facing a MT problem all over again? Things need to get fixed above the HC or AD level.
Anyone working as a HC below the P5 is making under $2M a year, most under $1M. Almost all coordinators even at P5 make under $1M per year.

If you don't have a P5 HC job, your agent is almost certainly very open to furthering the conversation if CU calls.

I think part of the benefit of getting rid of the coach is you can do a longer and more comprehensive search. If they were interested in an up and coming FCS coach or whatever they could really do their homework. And maybe realize that that coach isn’t actually the brains behind the operation like Hawkins/Petersen and avoid hiring another dud.

Personally, I don’t think RG should get an opportunity at hiring another coach after blowing it so bad with KD though.

Anyone working as a HC below the P5 is making under $2M a year, most under $1M. Almost all coordinators even at P5 make under $1M per year.

If you don't have a P5 HC job, your agent is almost certainly very open to furthering the conversation if CU calls.
Right. But that’s what we did with MM. Then a better gig comes along…. And we are a stepstool. We are going to have to find lightning in a bottle.. a lower level coach who wants to build a program over time? Is that a thing anymore?
Anyone believe we can land a splash hire, anyway—even if only for 15 months?

That, plus the transfer portal timing. Plus the statement it makes to your players and fans. Plus CU’s ability to drag out processes can be a massive hindrance, so all added time helps offset the administrative malaise. Not to mention, we all saw what a rushed decision looks like when we hired Karl.

Mid-season would be significantly better than post

That, plus the transfer portal timing. Plus the statement it makes to your players and fans. Plus CU’s ability to drag out processes can be a massive hindrance, so all added time helps offset the administrative malaise. Not to mention, we all saw what a rushed decision looks like when we hired Karl.

Mid-season would be significantly better than post
Realizing I’ve been so beaten down by being awful. I truly do not see any light, any tunnel… I don’t remember what a train looks like.

Realizing I’ve been so beaten down by being awful. I truly do not see any light, any tunnel… I don’t remember what a train looks like.
It’s okay, this is the most optimistic I’ve been since Mel left, and I’m cheering for blowouts.

That said, I’m mentally preparing for us to hire a Karl equivalent and lose all hope in the opening presser again

Right. But that’s what we did with MM. Then a better gig comes along…. And we are a stepstool. We are going to have to find lightning in a bottle.. a lower level coach who wants to build a program over time? Is that a thing anymore?
Anyone believe we can land a splash hire, anyway—even if only for 15 months?
What's wrong with being a stepping stone? It means the coach had success. Besides, last offseason saw Notre Dame and Oklahoma be stepping stone programs. Every program is a stepping stone, whether if for a different college job or for an NFL offer.

What their plan is, no idea? I'd think we'd just name an interim to end the season, then go looking. I could be dead wrong on that though.

What's wrong with being a stepping stone? It means the coach had success. Besides, last offseason saw Notre Dame and Oklahoma be stepping stone programs. Every program is a stepping stone, whether if for a different college job or for an NFL offer.
We got nothing but pain from being MT’s step-stool. One win against NUBs, maybe? 5-7 season. And left in a horrible situation, leading to hiring KD.

Back