What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ringo: "There is no chance Embree gets fired this year"

I'm afraid that it might take national pressure (as a laughing stock), and getting really ugly, before any changes are made. Unfortunately, compared to the East coast papers, we don't have any respectable writers who aren't pussies and willing to write about how ****** the coaches are, how stupid the administration is, and how big of an embarrassment the football program is to the state in the national picture of relevant universities.

I'm so pissed right now that my stomach is burning (I don't think it's the buffalo sauce, as I only used medium). No more season tickets for me until major changes are made (from top to bottom), and I will unfortunately have a ****** attitude and be an asshole on the phone from now on when I'm called by a university foundation.

Well Henderson is the new beat writer for the Post so I expect the CU bashing to pick up significantly.

Ringo's exactly right.

Benson has spoken. It has nothing to do with athletics and everything to do with politics. Benson is tied in with the conservative Republican base in Colorado. They're largely responsible for funding all of the huge projects that Benson has led (Anschutz medical campus, taking over the Colorado Springs hospital, all the new campus buildings, the East Campus project, etc.). Embree is the hand-picked guy of Bill McCartney and these same boosters politically align with Mac. They're the very boosters Mac cultivated when he was HC here and we did things like getting Dal Ward built. There is no way Benson's going to rock that boat. Losing football games pales in comparison to losing political capital with his funding base.

Ringo's exactly right.

Benson has spoken. It has nothing to do with athletics and everything to do with politics. Benson is tied in with the conservative Republican base in Colorado. They're largely responsible for funding all of the huge projects that Benson has led (Anschutz medical campus, taking over the Colorado Springs hospital, all the new campus buildings, the East Campus project, etc.). Embree is the hand-picked guy of Bill McCartney and these same boosters politically align with Mac. They're the very boosters Mac cultivated when he was HC here and we did things like getting Dal Ward built. There is no way Benson's going to rock that boat. Losing football games pales in comparison to losing political capital with his funding base.
Well then a lot of fall weekends just got freed up....

Ringo's exactly right.

I suspect 'Nik is correct. I certainly don't feel as though Benson is interested in investing in the AD. He's got it to the point where it will break even or better thanks to Pac12 and Mr. Scott. He's good now.

Time to worry about something else I guess.

Ringo's exactly right.

That's probably true, but what gets me is why the hell are these boosters/political contributors supporting this s**t show? These are smart, wealthy people who probably don't tolerate mediocrity in their professional life, but for some reason I can't fathom they seem content to watch their guy drag this program to the depths of suckness.

That's probably true, but what gets me is why the hell are these boosters/political contributors supporting this s**t show? These are smart, wealthy people who probably don't tolerate mediocrity in their professional life, but for some reason I can't fathom they seem content to watch their guy drag this program to the depths of suckness.

They're old, 1990 seems like yesterday, and they don't pay close attention so it's easy to convince them that recruiting is great and this was a monumental rebuilding project similar to 1982.

Ringo's exactly right.

The memorial hospital in Colorado Springs is actually a joint venture between CU, Poudre Valley and Children's. The initial upfront payment wasn't very big (approx $75 million) and they will pay a yearly lease fee. The whole venture is very dicey as Memorial was a city run hospital and they were on a pension, which obviously went away. They are really far behind on their medical technology and a big part of the reason that this deal was pulled because they didn't do a great job running the hospital and didn't have the money to upgrade their IT. The other huge part was a huge amount that they owned to the pension fund

The memorial hospital in Colorado Springs is actually a joint venture between CU, Poudre Valley and Children's. The initial upfront payment wasn't very big (approx $75 million) and they will pay a yearly lease fee. The whole venture is very dicey as Memorial was a city run hospital and they were on a pension, which obviously went away. They are really far behind on their medical technology and a big part of the reason that this deal was pulled because they didn't do a great job running the hospital and didn't have the money to upgrade their IT. The other huge part was a huge amount that they owned to the pension fund

So, just 50% more than the initial upfront payment we need to get the transformational football facilities project rolling.

So, just 50% more than the initial upfront payment we need to get the transformational football facilities project rolling.

remember that was also probably split about 3 ways. So half as much and it most likely came from hospital profits.

remember that was also probably split about 3 ways. So half as much and it most likely came from hospital profits.

I'm on my soapbox, man. Don't confuse me with facts. :smile2:

The point... the only point that matters... is that Benson is focused on funding a laundry list of projects ahead of football and he just needs an AD that doesn't dip into the university piggy bank, cause off-field scandals, or rock the boat with his political funding allies.

I'm on my soapbox, man. Don't confuse me with facts. :smile2:

The point... the only point that matters... is that Benson is focused on funding a laundry list of projects ahead of football and he just needs an AD that doesn't dip into the university piggy bank, cause off-field scandals, or rock the boat with his political funding allies.

Pick their new tower then since it probably cost about a half billion dollars or new EMR which I hear cost over 200 million to implement.

It is easy for him to see an ROI at the hospital 200 new beds * 85% capacity *$3,000 per night = cha ching, but you have formulas like 7 wins = 35% increase in applications and his eyes start to water and his nose bleeds.

Only way I see Embree getting fired after two years is attendance dropping below 30k in the final home games or a complete loss of the team. Regardless of record.

Walt Harris was fired after two years, had arguably lost the team and there was no way he was going to see year three.

Turner Gill got fired after two years because a new admin came in and wanted their guy at the top.

It wasn't JUST abysmal records that got these guys fired, it was abysmal records and exterior circumstances.

There is no new admin coming to our rescue.

By all accounts, Embree still has the support of at least they guys that he's brought in. At least, nothing on any of the scoop sites is saying otherwise.

By all accounts, Bohn still seems to be working closely with Solich and other high level donors to get things going, and that completely ignores the fact that the majority of the donors that could force a switch are the ones the put Embree in that seat to begin with.

Problem is, they will not announce the IPF until after signing day, then say "Embree will recruit better now the IPF is announced" then "well, we need to see if the recuits after the IPF was announced are better in a year or two".....and I can us being this bad for another three years. I can see JE getting five years. Easily.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Back