What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown extended

We play Nebraska both of these years already.

We are already playing TCU and Nebraska in 2023, so who would you rather see us play that season? We are also already playing Nebraska in 2024 on the road, so which P5 program is going to agree to a one off trip to Boulder instead of CSU?

Why? Seriously. Do you think the media in town and TV networks are going to care more about CU vs Toledo or CU vs New Mexico or CU vs Wyoming, etc?

I still don't understand the reasoning for wanting to do away with this game, assuming CU already has a P5 OOC game (or two) already scheduled for a given season.

We have Power 5 games in both the years (Nebraska both years, and TCU in 2023) we're lined up to play. That other OOC slot should have been an FCS opponent in 2023 or some bad G5 (UMass, Texas State) we can bring in here and beat the hell out of. The Howell piece from late June is the perfect argument for doing away with this game for the time being. Link below:

http://www.buffzone.com/columnists/ci_31979530/howell-taking-break-good-cu-csu-rivalry

We have Power 5 games in both the years (Nebraska both years, and TCU in 2023) we're lined up to play. That other OOC slot should have been an FCS opponent in 2023 or some bad G5 (UMass, Texas State) we can bring in here and beat the hell out of. The Howell piece from late June is the perfect argument for doing away with this game for the time being. Link below:

http://www.buffzone.com/columnists/ci_31979530/howell-taking-break-good-cu-csu-rivalry
So it comes down to the fact that you're scared of CSU? They are a middling G5 team. Why the hell are we talking about how awesome it would be to play 1-2 BIG or SEC teams each year, but we need to get CSU off the schedule because we are worried about them beating us? We're talking about 5 years from now. The talent gap has been growing between the two programs each year and should continue, so if by 2023, the CSU game isn't a high win probability, CU has some serious problems.

So it comes down to the fact that you're scared of CSU? They are a middling G5 team. Why the hell are we talking about how awesome it would be to play 1-2 BIG or SEC teams each year, but we need to get CSU off the schedule because we are worried about them beating us? We're talking about 5 years from now. The talent gap has been growing between the two programs each year and should continue, so if by 2023, the CSU game isn't a high win probability, CU has some serious problems.

I'm not scared of CSU-they bore me.

Assuming we are playing at least one other P5 opponent in OOC, and most times two of them, I don't understand the hate for this game. Who would you rather see on the schedule?
I’d rather mix it up. Playing NU is fine for a home/Home duo, but after that, let’s bring in some other teams. And while the CSU games don’t bother me, I generally feel the same way about them. No sense locking up an annual matchup every year when we have such limited OOC opportunities in the first place.

I’d rather mix it up. Playing NU is fine for a home/Home duo, but after that, let’s bring in some other teams. And while the CSU games don’t bother me, I generally feel the same way about them. No sense locking up an annual matchup every year when we have such limited OOC opportunities in the first place.
I'm totally fine with not playing CSU every year, and I would love to see more high profile opponents come to town. I just don't understand the pure hatred for the matchup like a lot of people here.

I'm totally fine with not playing CSU every year, and I would love to see more high profile opponents come to town. I just don't understand the pure hatred for the matchup like a lot of people here.
I don’t hate the matchup. It’s fine, but it also is getting stale and it doesn’t allow for much OOC scheduling flexibility.

Boise over BYU? Dude I know for a fact we can get two games in Boulder from BYU for one in Provo. I'd have ZERO problem with playing them if RG chose to.
I just want to go to fun cities and have fun fan bases visit boulder, that’s why I posted in the schedule forum that Wisconsin and Iowa are way up on my list. BYU just doesn’t do that for me.

I would love to go to Boise for a game, it’s a mini Denver and I think our fans would have fun. They also just signed a 2 for 1 with Oregon so they would be down.

I don't really get why people hate the RMS. Granted, this extension won't have it anymore, but I would have thought that playing a game a year at Mile High would be a big recruiting tool. How many kids get to play in an NFL stadium every season? Maybe some of the state championship high schoolers do, but still.

Anyway, is there really a big problem with having a cupcake on the schedule for a couple years? :D

Most G5 schools will not. The sooner Buffs fans let go of that fantasy, the better.
Most of the G5 schools that aren’t in prime recruiting areas will. Wyoming has signed quite a few, Boise State just did a week ago. You can definitely get them, especially when you package it with a one for one in b-ball.

Back