What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown hoops edition

If we really wanted to pack the Pepsi Center, the way to do it would be to focus on mid-majors from border states. What if we could get New Mexico, Wichita State and Creighton to play a round robin tourney in Denver every year? I think we'd pack the house and we'd definitely see some amazing basketball.
Worth losing home court?

If we really wanted to pack the Pepsi Center, the way to do it would be to focus on mid-majors from border states. What if we could get New Mexico, Wichita State and Creighton to play a round robin tourney in Denver every year? I think we'd pack the house and we'd definitely see some amazing basketball.

I love this idea!

Absolutely that is a stacked tournament. Easy resume builder for all teams. I just think it may be a traveling tourny (kc, Denver, Lincoln, abq) for it to work.

If you rotated it the tourney would lose a lot of it's appeal. It would also be easier to sell if you did it in Denver every year and built a core of repeat viewers. Fill the Can and get a decent TV contract and you could make it profitable enough that all the participants would be more than happy to give up home games or the fees they might get from playing road games.

If you rotated it the tourney would lose a lot of it's appeal. It would also be easier to sell if you did it in Denver every year and built a core of repeat viewers. Fill the Can and get a decent TV contract and you could make it profitable enough that all the participants would be more than happy to give up home games or the fees they might get from playing road games.

That makes sense to me. Don't know if it makes sense to the other schools.

That makes sense to me. Don't know if it makes sense to the other schools.

For DU/UNC it would be both a money maker and a chance to get their programs media attention that they otherwise would never get in the big market most important to them.

For the visiting mid major program it would be financially sound while giving them a chance to win some games away from home. The trip to Denver to play in front of a big crowd in an NBA arena would be popular with their players (recruiting) and their fans. Denver is popular with a lot of people from states like Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and is only a one day drive away.

This doesn't mean that they all would want to come but we only need one.

For DU/UNC it would be both a money maker and a chance to get their programs media attention that they otherwise would never get in the big market most important to them.

For the visiting mid major program it would be financially sound while giving them a chance to win some games away from home. The trip to Denver to play in front of a big crowd in an NBA arena would be popular with their players (recruiting) and their fans. Denver is popular with a lot of people from states like Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and is only a one day drive away.

Du an unc is not Duke and N. Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am strictly speaking about the 4 state option nik proposed. The regional tourney only makes sense at the keg or the can.

I don't think we are a big NBA town so don't know what kind of draw that would be.

I am strictly speaking about the 4 state option nik proposed. The regional tourney only makes sense at the keg or the can.

I don't think we are a big NBA town so don't know what kind of draw that would be.

I am just supposing but think that the idea of playing in the same arena as an NBA team would be appealing to the players and fans of the participating teams. Even if they don't sell out the Pepsi center playing in that environment in front of 15,000 or more fans would be significant for many of them. For the regional visitors that would be an atraction in addition to the offerings of Denver in the fall/early winter.

What might make or break the whole thing would be to get a contract to televise it on one of the ESPN networks or other major outlet. Having CU under Tad as a likely NCAA tourney team along with a Wichita State, KjSU, or other respected program might get them that.

I love this idea. Perhaps a team like BYU would be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure many of you got an email a little bit ago - but it looks like CU got an allotment of tix:

$10 tickets only, or $50 for transportation, food and a ticket.

Last edited:
Just tried to buy mine. Tix are sold out if you just want the ticket and not the bus ride.
If anyone got an extra pair, let me know.

My mom is a CSU alum and Ram Club member and they wouldn't sell her single game tickets to it when she called earlier in the week.

Back