What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

Speedy Stewart
Rodney+Stewart+Colorado+State+v+Colorado+Bn_OpOPMUoKl.jpg

20120522__23dcsbuw_200.jpg

20111112__13dcsbufw_500.jpg

and

Shay Fields

Just 5 Fridays until kickoff.

As an aside, Sefo deservedly gets a ton of crap from the fans, but that pass was about as perfect as you can get. He has the physical ability to be a top QB in this league, it is all mental with him.

I like how Shay was trying to control the ball and looking behind him and the sheep corner still couldn't catch him. In fact Shay was separating from him. He should have a big year in 2016.

I like how Shay was trying to control the ball and looking behind him and the sheep corner still couldn't catch him. In fact Shay was separating from him. He should have a big year in 2016.

That high ankle sprain really did mess up the rest of his season. Looking forward to seeing what he can do this year as the featured receiver. He is going to have to earn it though, we have some talent in the WR corp.

Can any confirm the sections for CU. I am about to buy tickets on stubhub in 110 and want to make sure they have it right. Looks like anywhere from 114-132?

Thanks!

Anybody know if their DB situation is any better this year? Honestly, they couldn't keep up with Fields. He was open deep on every play.

Given Shay's lack of size, mixed with his speed and quickness, I'd love to see him in the slot some if Winfree, and Huntley are legit.
We will have a lot of added versatility and matchup threats if Huntley is ready to go. I'd even expect to see Winfree line up in slot, he looked dangerous the times he lined up there in his juco film and he can definitely lay someone out. He might give us an early look at what Shenault will do for us.

Anybody know if their DB situation is any better this year? Honestly, they couldn't keep up with Fields. He was open deep on every play.
Should be worse. Lost a lot to graduation, attrition and an expected juco starter didn't make it to campus.

From what I understand, it hasn't. Think they lost 1 or 2 guys that were expected to be starters or big contributors back there.

I didn't really pay attention to them outside of the RMS but they had like nine 4th or 5th year seniors on defense last year in our game. Doesn't surprise me that they looked to add multiple jucos on defense.

Hard to get any read on things from those sunshine pampers, but their defense is considered the weakness. I think the QB battle between incumbent Nick Stephens and Georgia transfer Faton Bauta will be interesting to watch. They seemed to be tied coming out of the spring. There might be a short chain on either if they struggle in game 1.

Hard to get any read on things from those sunshine pampers, but their defense is considered the weakness. I think the QB battle between incumbent Nick Stephens and Georgia transfer Faton Bauta will be interesting to watch. They seemed to be tied coming out of the spring. There might be a short chain on either if they struggle in game 1.

Hope the old saying applies here "If you have two QBs you don't have any." They have beaten us more than once on QB play, if they don't have one that stands out that's good news for us.

Biggest factor though, as it usually is will be can we dominate the LOS. If our OL can keep the pressure off Sefo and give our backs room to run we dominate the game.

Most of their OL returns but they have a new Center. We did alright against them last year and I expect our DL improvement to be much more than their OL improvement. They have some big guys who are technically good but limited athletically.

Most of their OL returns but they have a new Center. We did get pushed around the entire game last year, giving up more than 170 yards on the ground to their RB... they have two guys NFL scouts are already considering as 2nd and 3rd day picks on the line and one is nominated for the outland trophy. We have to hope our DL is improved and that Tupou makes a big difference.
FIFY

They should be in big trouble on defense especially the db's, they are also counting on a true freshman NT starting. On the other side of the ball the 2 returning wr's they were counting on we're lost to attrition and as stated earlier their top recruit from last class did not make it to campus. Oh did I mention they are switching to a 3-4 and have a new DC and scheme to learn

Actually, on paper we are way, way better than they are:

2013 Rivals recruiting ranking:
CU: 64
CSU: not in the top 94

2014:
CU: 63

2015:
CU: 69

2016:
CU: 63

On paper, we are a lot better than they are.
When you look at this and then scores the last three years, it really isn't a ringing endorsement of our program. Time to get the boys invested in saving their coaches job and starting the season with some style.

Their OL will be be above average, as usual.
We were pushed around on both sides of the ball last year. I'll be curious to see if there is a noticeable difference in our strength given our new S&C program.

Their OL is the result of long term recruiting. Lots of fourth year Juniors and fifth year seniors who have been in the program for a while before ever seeing the field. They're doing what we've been doing the last four years, but they've been doing it for about ten years. It's a solid strategy, and one I sincerely hope will start showing results for us this year.

CSU has done a tremendous job of developing Oline. Very low rated guys there, but have a system in place for development and most of them don't play till 3 or so years in the program. It's been a success for them and probably what they can point to as being the biggest drive for their recent success.

It will be interesting to see what CSU does on defense this year. They have taken some big hits from last year, so I have no idea what they will have. They had a very experienced defense last year. However, as we know, it just seems all of that is thrown out the window in this game. If I am them, I'd be very aggressive with lots of blitzes and stunts. CU can take advantage of this if they are prepared (unlike last years first game). Hopefully Adams has the Oline better prepared.

So much of offensive line is the mentality they play with and CsU always plays pissed off up front. wish our guys played like that.

Last couple years against CSU we have been terrible on the edge. DEs and OLBs either took themselves out of the play or were easily blocked. Later in the season we got better.

Reasonable to expect that JL has seen the tape and will have us ready. We will also be bigger and more athletic on the edge than we have been which should help.

From Ramnation today (sorry, was up to date with all postings and had nothing else to read)
"It's 100% clear the natives in bowlder are getting nervous. If csu gets the big 12 bid w our new stadium they are goingn to take a further back seat than the one they have in the pac12. Really looking forward to the rms in 2017"

Last edited:
From Ramnation today (sorry, was up today with all postings and had nothing else to read)
"It's 100% clear the natives in bowlder are getting nervous. If csu gets the big 12 bid w our new stadium they are goingn to take a further back seat than the one they have in the pac12. Really looking forward to the rms in 2017"

They are sooooo cute.

Back