What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

CSU Ram fan that attended is bemoaning their defensive front, due solely to injuries. Hopeful they will be healthier in a few more days.... D couldn't stop O running game and short passes went for long gains as well.

I don't think they are designing and tailoring an entire scrimmage and camp around sandbagging us.
This is CSU we're talking about. Don't put it past them. Of course, it's not important that we, as fans, believe what we're being told out of ft fun. The players and coaches need to come out on the 2nd with their hair on fire and mudhole those assholes.

I have no idea what to make of those scrimmage numbers, the numbers I do know is it looks like they will be starting 4 true freshman on defense and when in nickel it will be 5 true freshman. As previously stated they have 4 returning starters on the O line and they are planning to run the ball.

As a resident northern buff I have many CSU friends one though actually is in touch with reality he has attended every ram home game for as long as I've known him and goes to most of the road games. He is not very excited for the RMS or the season for that matter. Bottom line he thinks we should kill them so we damn sure better.

cu-buffs-13.jpg
So 12 days...

I haven't bought the hype about our defensive line yet...even though I am ready too as soon as I see it dominate.

I think CSU's OL is going to be good this year. Zerblis is a stud and their interior is big and skilled. Bennet at center is just as good as Zerblis. Dawkins is a powerful back that hits the hole at full speed. They will run over a lot of teams in the Mountain West this year with those pieces.

...but with so many freshman in coverage and injuries along the Dline I think they struggle to stop anyone through October. Caveat to this is how our O likes to trip over its own d$$$ during the first game.

Nonetheless, I think we win easy. So putting points up against CSU isn't going to make me feel any better or worse.

What I want to see, within the blow-out that I should (history not withstanding) expect, is our DL dominating a very good unit in the trenches. If I see that then I even start to feel good about Michigan the following week.

My uncle is a big Rams supporter and booster. He seems to think (is naive) that even though they will be very young, they will have more talent on D this year than they did last year. He also wouldn't bet me even though I was willing to give him the 10 points that the game opened at versus the 7 1/2 the line moved to. As big of a homer as he is, I think that's a pretty clear indication of the lack of faith he has in his team this year. I think this echoes the sentiment of all but the biggest homer CSU fans.

This year should be a decisive CU win. If it's not, then we probably agree more than you think.
Do you think it should be a decisive win because it's Mac's 4th year, because you like our team or because you like how we match up (maybe, a combination)?

I'm down on this CU team, but seem to be one of the few. I don't know much about CSU's team this year, but there are few position groupings I feel good about on our team. We clearly have a few good to great pieces in the secondary and defensive line, but I'm not seeing many playmakers on offense and a questionable OL. I think our DL will be best holding up against the run, but will be hit or miss with QB pressure. In other words, not the type of DL that will consistently alleviate pressure off the LBs and CBs in coverage. Should soak up blockers with the 1st unit to allow the 2nd level guys to make plays in the run game though. Not as sure about the 2nd unit.

I like Leavitt a lot and think the defense will be good enough to keep the game close even when our offense struggles. Just not seeing the playmakers or veteran OL I think we need to blow these guys out. Sefo's effectiveness may be limited by a host of factors, but most notably by the OL. Being the first game of the season, we potentially lose two other things that would otherwise work in our favor: depth & limiting mistakes.

Anyway, looking for some good dialogue. I moved overseas in the last month so my opinion above is admittedly based on limited information.

Do you think it should be a decisive win because it's Mac's 4th year, because you like our team or because you like how we match up (maybe, a combination)?

I'm down on this CU team, but seem to be one of the few. I don't know much about CSU's team this year, but there are few position groupings I feel good about on our team. We clearly have a few good to great pieces in the secondary and defensive line, but I'm not seeing many playmakers on offense and a questionable OL. I think our DL will be best holding up against the run, but will be hit or miss with QB pressure. In other words, not the type of DL that will consistently alleviate pressure off the LBs and CBs in coverage. Should soak up blockers with the 1st unit to allow the 2nd level guys to make plays in the run game though. Not as sure about the 2nd unit.

I like Leavitt a lot and think the defense will be good enough to keep the game close even when our offense struggles. Just not seeing the playmakers or veteran OL I think we need to blow these guys out. Sefo's effectiveness may be limited by a host of factors, but most notably by the OL. Being the first game of the season, we potentially lose two other things that would otherwise work in our favor: depth & limiting mistakes.

Anyway, looking for some good dialogue. I moved overseas in the last month so my opinion above is admittedly based on limited information.
35-20 Buffs win.

So I guess that works both ways? Or will you disappear instead of enjoying success?

Disappear. What do you mean?

I found this little nest of hornets and it is kinda cute. Lotta buzzing around and such.

I expect the Buffs to win the RMS, but if it turns out to be "Hawaii-2" then it is time for rail. FACT.

There's a lot there. It's a combination. Very veteran team that has been close. CU lost little from last season and gained more than it lost. I'm not sure that anyone else in the conference other than Washington can say that... and CU doesn't play the Huskies.

We'll learn a lot in the opener. CSU is a shadow of what it was 2 years ago from a talent standpoint and is significantly down from last year.

Back