What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

You have quite the agenda, don't you? Did Mac do something personally to you or something? Because your continuous rants sure seem personal.
Not personal. Not a rant. Just facts.

Just seems to be a peddler. When he stands up and takes responsibility for the last 3 seasons, which he has not, and he stands up and says "I am responsible for the success of the season" rather than saying it is on the players (which of course they play a part, if not a large one) then perhaps his continuing to put up the teflon wall, will stop. Maybe not.

I didn't mind MM's comment about this being the worst BCS job in the nation - it's a fair answer to a question that was specifically about his 3-year W-L record. How is it fair to judge him on 3 years of Ws and Ls when Embree and Hawkins - two of the worst coaches in the history of the world - had just finished burning our beloved program to the ground?

I still harbor so much resentment towards Klatt and Coach Mac and all of the Embree loyalists who managed to suck any remaining joy out of this program. My animosity is still more directed at past regimes than the current one...

Where I truly empathize with HCMM is when I come here and see all of the comments and criticisms from the diehards - whose expectations are still reflective of our 90s glory days and not anywhere close to being rooted in the reality that HCMM inherited.

Hopefully this year will exercise all the demons.

The bold is true, but so is the narrative that CU was the worst P5 program in the country. Montana St, Sacramento St and Fresno St all agree.
Nonsense. There is no way "all BCS schools" were ever a better opportunity than CU, not even right after Hawkins. The worst current team doesn't mean the worst job, but you have to take advantage of the opportunity.

Not personal. Not a rant. Just facts.

Just seems to be a peddler. When he stands up and takes responsibility for the last 3 seasons, which he has not, and he stands up and says "I am responsible for the success of the season" rather than saying it is on the players (which of course they play a part, if not a large one) then perhaps his continuing to put up the teflon wall, will stop. Maybe not.

The only language I care to hear from MacIntyre is spoken in scoreboard.

Nonsense. There is no way "all BCS schools" were ever a better opportunity than CU, not even right after Hawkins. The worst current team doesn't mean the worst job, but you have to take advantage of the opportunity.

Name a specific school from a conference that had an automatic qualifier that was in a worse spot than CU. It's not solely based on W/L - it's the "scandals" that damaged prestige, the dated facilities, the limited support from the university, recruiting restrictions, etc.

What the actual ****?

57373583.jpg

Pay attention. Nobody said it was the worst job (although this topic is highly debatable); just that CU was the worst BCS program when MM took over... and that wasn't after Hawkins. That was after Jon Embree came in and took a nuclear bomb to the already destroyed program.

And when you run the plays in practice a thousand times and the players still **** it up in the games, what then? At what point do the players bear some responsibility?
Good point? When your run a crap play over and over and the coaches don't correct the execution and don't fix a crap play.
When is it the coaches?

Always

Your obvious axe to grind is the size of an aircraft carrier. And you didn't answer the question.
No axe.
Players have it, as I have said. Just waiting for Mac2 to step up. Gotta lotta nice groundwork laid to cushion his fall.............................if it happens. And also set up nicely to take all the credit. Just how it is.

@FightCu1414 Not sure how much contact you have with your friends on the team now that it is game week, but I would love to hear how they/the team are feeling as the approach Friday night. We don't get much insight into the real mindset of the players, just the PC garbage they have to say at the press conferences.

Name a specific school from a conference that had an automatic qualifier that was in a worse spot than CU. It's not solely based on W/L - it's the "scandals" that damaged prestige, the dated facilities, the limited support from the university, recruiting restrictions, etc.
So you're going to claim that all BCS schools have automatic qualifiers? Because that's the quote I responded to. Anyway, in that position would you rather take a chance on a team with CU's history or say, Kansas's any time during their existence? For me the answer's pretty easy.

@FightCu1414 Not sure how much contact you have with your friends on the team now that it is game week, but I would love to hear how they/the team are feeling as the approach Friday night. We don't get much insight into the real mindset of the players, just the PC garbage they have to say at the press conferences.
I think the team is fired up. For as much as the older fans and even myself included doesn't like that CSU is a rival, Mac 2 is finally treating it like a rivalry game. For example, they were watching film of the game and Mac was getting on guys that got destroyed by a CSU guy. He was saying stuff like you are really getting destroyed by a player that is not even in a P5 conference. You are better than these guys and they outplayed you. He is basically trying to get the players to hate CSU as much as they hate us and I think the guys are fired up. And they believe. Not to give CSU any bulletin board material, but the guys believe if they play the way they are capable the game will be over by half time. Last year, even though it turned out okay I felt a bit of some nervousness. The Hawaii game really killed the confidence. Let's hope that doesn't happen again because it is a confident bunch where Friday night cannot come soon enough.

I think the team is fired up. For as much as the older fans and even myself included doesn't like that CSU is a rival, Mac 2 is finally treating it like a rivalry game. For example, they were watching film of the game and Mac was getting on guys that got destroyed by a CSU guy. He was saying stuff like you are really getting destroyed by a player that is not even in a P5 conference. You are better than these guys and they outplayed you. He is basically trying to get the players to hate CSU as much as they hate us and I think the guys are fired up. And they believe. Not to give CSU any bulletin board material, but the guys believe if they play the way they are capable the game will be over by half time. Last year, even though it turned out okay I felt a bit of some nervousness. The Hawaii game really killed the confidence. Let's hope that doesn't happen again because it is a confident bunch where Friday night cannot come soon enough.
good stuff, thanks. I like that motivational tool. I'm sure the linebackers got it a lot.

Good. I hope they are showing film from 2014 and 2009. Need to match the level of intensity.

I am hearing from another place that the team is feeling pretty confident as well, so I am glad you confirmed it. As long as they come in confident and with some swagger then I welcome that kind of attitude. They just can't afford to come in arrogant. That will lead to them underestimating their opponent.

Thanks '14. The aggression gap between the two teams in the first half was huge. We were trying to play a game of Xs and Os, and CSU came football. We need these guys to come in pissed off.

Just the same ole "this was the worst BCS job in America" line he has used the last couple years.
Maybe true....but the minute Rick George and donors put up the new facilities, the "job" moved swiftly up the list. There are other things behind the scenes too.
It was never true. CU always had more potential than a lot of schools. He finally realized you can't get there with his old staff and players that would succeed at a lower level. But when he gets fired for that realization taking too long, he's set himself up with a great excuse.
The bold is true, but so is the narrative that CU was the worst P5 program in the country. Montana St, Sacramento St and Fresno St all agree.
Pay attention. Nobody said it was the worst job (although this topic is highly debatable); just that CU was the worst BCS program when MM took over... and that wasn't after Hawkins. That was after Jon Embree came in and took a nuclear bomb to the already destroyed program.
LOL, I'll give you Embree. But beyond that, I'll skip over your inability to read and go straight to your complete lack of understanding, for one really means the other anyway, for a guy taking the job. You can't just bury CU for recent history, and the statement was BCS which includes a lot of football programs that are minor and/or have sucked forever, while CU has a Nat Ch and a Heisman winner, before which they were often at least relevant in the national picture, e.g. #3 in 1971 to NU/OU. Yes, that's all part of the program.

Back