What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

My thoughts on what has happened to this thread
33141722.jpg

Whatever it takes to get this bunch fired up and ready to roll at kick off. I want to see emotion and not a flat team. I want to see a team on a mission to punish their opponent. knock them down and keep them there. Game should be over by half time and this is their chance to send a message to the state of CO that this is our state and we are the flagship and big brother. Go Buffs!

I have a lot of questions about Mac. But what he says in the media isn't one of them. He's GOT TO be feeling the pressure. The psyche of this team, one would think, must be pretty fragile. Laying an egg Friday could send them into a death spiral. But a couple of big wins could propel them to great things.

Good. I hope they are showing film from 2014 and 2009. Need to match the level of intensity.

I am hearing from another place that the team is feeling pretty confident as well, so I am glad you confirmed it. As long as they come in confident and with some swagger then I welcome that kind of attitude. They just can't afford to come in arrogant. That will lead to them underestimating their opponent.
I would be worried about the underestimating their opponent, but I think Mac is finally playing his cards right. He finally understands his team and knows how to push the right motivational buttons even if it pisses off some guys. It gets them fired up and going. They know its CSU's superbowl and they will get all the punches. And we won 4 games last year. We don't have that much to gloat on. The chip is definitely on their shoulder.

I would be worried about the underestimating their opponent, but I think Mac is finally playing his cards right. He finally understands his team and knows how to push the right motivational buttons even if it pisses off some guys. It gets them fired up and going. They know its CSU's superbowl and they will get all the punches. And we won 4 games last year. We don't have that much to gloat on. The chip is definitely on their shoulder.

Good. Probably isn't hurting that they have a guy like Chev on the team. He seems to know how to push some of those buttons too.

Would have been pretty smart to announce the uniform combo and what the school would like the crowd to wear, prior to the Season Ticket holders event when all those people were going to be on campus and buying things like this...

You have quite the agenda, don't you? Did Mac do something personally to you or something? Because your continuous rants sure seem personal.

Damn you for making me hit "view ignored posts" to see who you were talking to. His act has gotten old really quickly. Let's just see how we do this week before all the MMac can't coach posts.

We're going to kick their ass Friday and all of this will be moot until Next week.

Whatever it takes to get this bunch fired up and ready to roll at kick off. I want to see emotion and not a flat team. I want to see a team on a mission to punish their opponent. knock them down and keep them there. Game should be over by half time and this is their chance to send a message to the state of CO that this is our state and we are the flagship and big brother. Go Buffs!
Big brother of red headed step child

So you're going to claim that all BCS schools have automatic qualifiers? Because that's the quote I responded to. Anyway, in that position would you rather take a chance on a team with CU's history or say, Kansas's any time during their existence? For me the answer's pretty easy.

I was trying to clarify - because my understanding has always been that when someone is talking about BCS jobs or BCS schools, or Power 5 conferences, they are talking about the teams that are in conferences with automatic qualifier (AQ) BCS bowl bids.

Now admittedly as college football has totally jumped the shark in recent years, and as CU has forced apathy on me, I have lost track of all the conference realignments and who gets automatic bids, etc... But the overall point of my post was that when someone is referring to BCS jobs I was under the impression that they are referring to the 50-60 Automatic Qualifying conference schools, as opposed to the entire 100+ pool of schools. Someone can likely clarify.

I was trying to clarify - because my understanding has always been that when someone is talking about BCS jobs or BCS schools, or Power 5 conferences, they are talking about the teams that are in conferences with automatic qualifier (AQ) BCS bowl bids.

Now admittedly as college football has totally jumped the shark in recent years, and as CU has forced apathy on me, I have lost track of all the conference realignments and who gets automatic bids, etc... But the overall point of my post was that when someone is referring to BCS jobs I was under the impression that they are referring to the 50-60 Automatic Qualifying conference schools, as opposed to the entire 100+ pool of schools. Someone can likely clarify.
Okay, so fyi, Kansas is still one of those schools.

So back to the Rocky Mountain show down.

If Rammie goat f*uckers win toss. First play of game will be Stevens sack by McCartney.

If buffs win toss Lindsay will get 45 yard return and 1st offensive play will be Lee for off tackle TD.

To the HOUSE Leeeeeee!

Announcer will sound like Barzilion Announcer and say Leeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Leeeeeeeeeeeee! Touchdown Leeeeeeeeeeeee!

Then TV will cut to Taco Bell Commercial then public service announcement suggesting tat sex with turtles is futile.

Back