What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

CSU needs the Big 12 revenue, no matter what it looks like, to avoid bankrupting their AD. And if CSU goes bankrupt, it will make the state coffers that much more difficult for CU to access in the future. It is in everyone's best interests for CSU to get in.

CSU needs the Big 12 revenue, no matter what it looks like, to avoid bankrupting their AD. And if CSU goes bankrupt, it will make the state coffers that much more difficult for CU to access in the future. It is in everyone's best interests for CSU to get in.
They have a 284 million dollar endowment, I don't see why the state general fund show be on the hook for that.

CSU will not go bankrupt over the AD spending. However, the university's general fund and student fees are going to need to cover the shortfall. The state of Colorado will not be raising taxes or shifting budget to cover higher education, let alone to cover spending overruns on athletics.

If it's 2, I expect it to be Cincinnati and Houston.

If it's 4, that opens up a host of options.
Agreed, but very few of those options include CSU. You'd have to think BYU would be their first choice in the Mountain time Zone. If they want a travel partner for BYU, the natural choice is Boise State, not CSU. The things CSU offer are not valued by the Big 12.

I know these situations are fluid. And what happens in the next couple months doesn't necessarily have any bearing on what happens 5-6 years down the road. But from where I sit, CSU looks to very much be on the outside looking in on almost every expansion scenario.

Agreed, but very few of those options include CSU. You'd have to think BYU would be their first choice in the Mountain time Zone. If they want a travel partner for BYU, the natural choice is Boise State, not CSU. The things CSU offer are not valued by the Big 12.

I know these situations are fluid. And what happens in the next couple months doesn't necessarily have any bearing on what happens 5-6 years down the road. But from where I sit, CSU looks to very much be on the outside looking in on almost every expansion scenario.

A top 20 media market isn't valued in the Big 12?

CSU will not go bankrupt over the AD spending. However, the university's general fund and student fees are going to need to cover the shortfall. The state of Colorado will not be raising taxes or shifting budget to cover higher education, let alone to cover spending overruns on athletics.

Haven't posted in a while, but initial sales of the premium seating for the new stadium have been going well. Obviously, that is a big piece of the financing plan:
http://source.colostate.edu/stadium-premium-seating-sales-96-percent-goal/

Last edited:

From what I have read and heard Boise State really isn't in the conversation at all. It certainly is an uphill climb for CSU at this point, but from what I have been reading it looks like BYU and Cincinnati are in if it is just two. After that it appears Houston would be the third with CSU, Memphis and UCONN angling for the fourth and final spot.

Last edited:
A top 20 media market isn't valued in the Big 12?
Not if no one watches them.

@dio - That response is actually correct in this case. There is no Big 12 Network nor is there any plan to create one. So the media market means little to the Big 12 except in terms of national audience. Will CSU get more people tuning in to watch ESPN, FS1, ABC or Fox? This is also where ESPN & Fox are struggling with expansion. None of the candidates do a damn thing for them, only dilute the value of the Big 12 games they already have.

CU gets less than 4% of their annual budget from the state now. CSU being bankrupt will have no affect on CU.

9iSaTLM.gif

I wish the Big XII would hurry up and make a decision. About this time of year I like to check in on the delusional bunch up north and they are so caught up with what that ****ty conference is doing, they are not providing any entertainment.

I wish the Big XII would hurry up and make a decision. About this time of year I like to check in on the delusional bunch up north and they are so caught up with what that ****ty conference is doing, they are not providing any entertainment.
The lammies have as much chance of getting into the Big 12 as Ft. Lewis

Considering we are just 6-4 against them in the last 10, I wouldn't call them delusional in relation to their chances in this one game. Everything else, yes, they are delusional.

Until we start beating them in laughers with 2nd stringers in to start the 4th quarter, the joke is on CU.

Until we start beating them in laughers with 2nd stringers in to start the 4th quarter, the joke is on CU.

Troof. The only comfort I have in being 6-4 during that stretch is that Colorado is in the worst stretch in history and the Rammies caught lightning in a bottle with McElwain for a few years.
Hoping that the apparent momentum that seems to be building in the program is real so we can end this series on a high note.

Can we figure out if this thread is going to be a RMS thread or a CSU to the Big 12 thread? People are seemingly responding to posts about one with comments pertaining to the other.

Back