What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roll Call: CU @ UCF NIT 1st round Wed. 7 pm EST

This season:
tumblr_nz2cc1GIYX1s8as3do1_250.gif

I guess I'm alone in being thankful XJ worked hard to come back from a terrible injury, chose to miss a tourney year and still came back and had his best statistical year of his career. He didn't have a perfect off-court record but I still appreciate him and wish him well in life.
You're not alone. People are being stupid in this thread.

White and XJ had nice seasons, but so disappointed in Dom and King. And it seems like Tad pretty much gave up on this year when Peters was mysteriously benched for the entire season. I hate that.

You can blame XJ and Wes and Fortune for not meeting the expectations we had for them and this years team had some times when they clearly didn't care as much as the teams that were beating them.

That said I don't put the blame for this year on them.

Love Tad and appreciate the fact that he took a program that had been a bottom feeder much more often than not and turned it into one where we expect to be contending.

Fact is though that in almost every year under Tad we have seen certain things come up and kill us. I can blame an individual player for taking a bad shot or making a dumb turnover or foul but the repeated long stretches when we can't figure out how to score a basket for 8 to 10 minutes are a coaching issue. Our consistent failure to be able to adjust to break the rhythm of slow little guards who get hot against us and drain 3 after 3 after 3 is a coaching issue. Our difficulty in making good inbounds plays under pressure while at the same time consistently giving up big baskets after time outs, again a coaching issue.

I want Tad to stay but I hope this off-season he will finally hire and then listen to an assistant who can address at least some of the consistent problems we have had since Tad got here.

I'm not sure I'm mad at anyone, but I will say that my expectations were stunted by the disappearing of Fortune and King this year. I thought with White, Fortune, King, and XJ, we had 4 guys who could go for 15+ (White even more) on any given night and that we'd have enough contributions from Collier, Wes, and maybe the freshmen to get us through shooting slumps that naturally happen. With White and XJ's ability to get to the line, I wasn't worried about them.

But King and Fortune had forgettable seasons. I didn't get a chance to watch every game, but if Wes looked apathetic a lot, I can believe it because he was also disappearing in the box score. I didn't expect him to develop into a back-to-the-basket dominant scorer or anything, but I did expect him to snatch a bunch of rebounds and blocks and there were games where he was nowhere to be found.

The Pac12 is really making me rethink how deep I want to pick any conference team in the tournament. Maybe the conference really was weaker than I thought. Going 0-4 sure doesn't instill much confidence.

The Pac12 is really making me rethink how deep I want to pick any conference team in the tournament. Maybe the conference really was weaker than I thought. Going 0-4 sure doesn't instill much confidence.
Yep. And usc is getting smoked. Also Pac 12 was crap in ooc preseason.

Tad is paid in the top 35 coaches in the country...and has only finished that way as a team ONE time..and with Bdzelic players...he has had significant chemistry problems with his recruits that he has not been able to overcome...and his player developement has been atrocious.....team is about .500 since Dinwiddie went down... his coaching this year was awful for a team loaded with fifth year seniors..let's face it..he has not proven he can take the next step...unless the incoming frosh are bona-fide scorers..this team next year will not be good....

I expect Arizona to have the best shot at raising the flag for the PAC 12. UCLA has great talent but IMO are at risk of a poor shooting night every time out. Oregon appears to be significantly weakened by the injury. Not that I would be very surprised to see AZ bow out in the 2nd or 3rd round -

Tad is paid in the top 35 coaches in the country...and has only finished that way as a team ONE time..and with Bdzelic players...he has had significant chemistry problems with his recruits that he has not been able to overcome...and his player developement has been atrocious.....team is about .500 since Dinwiddie went down... his coaching this year was awful for a team loaded with fifth year seniors..let's face it..he has not proven he can take the next step...unless the incoming frosh are bona-fide scorers..this team next year will not be good....
Hard to argue with you.

Well... It was nice watching Derrick White develop into a legit first round draft pick.

XJ - Had a nice career at CU. He is the only player (EVER) to come out of Mater Dei (who logged serious minutes) to stay at the college he signed with thru graduation. he may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I sure did enjoy his effort and contributions.

Unfortunately, Tad has been unable to get this team to the next level. Next season will be interesting to see if the program is on the decline or if those incoming frosh are what he thinks they are and can elevate the Buffs.

George King actually shot a higher percentage overall this year, and got more rebounds. His 3pt FG% dropped off, yes. But with XJ back and White dominating, GK wasn't set up to have a big year IMO. He was solid. And I think will those 2 guys out of the way, he's more of a factor next year.

Our issue (and has been for sooooo long) is extremely poor guard play. We had one guard this year, basically, and thank god he was all P12. We failed this year because Dom, Fortune and Tommy all regressed badly. You simply cannot succeed without good guard play from more than one player.

I've seen nothing from Dom in 3 years to make me think he's going to turn into a playmaker. Just not gonna happen. And unless Ak somehow figures out how to throw it in the ocean over the summer, he's just filling out a jersey too. So we have to hope Peters and Brown blow up and the frosh are really good. Or we will take a GIANT step back (like 10 wins maybe ...)

George King actually shot a higher percentage overall this year, and got more rebounds. His 3pt FG% dropped off, yes. But with XJ back and White dominating, GK wasn't set up to have a big year IMO. He was solid. And I think will those 2 guys out of the way, he's more of a factor next year.

Our issue (and has been for sooooo long) is extremely poor guard play. We had one guard this year, basically, and thank god he was all P12. We failed this year because Dom, Fortune and Tommy all regressed badly. You simply cannot succeed without good guard play from more than one player.

I've seen nothing from Dom in 3 years to make me think he's going to turn into a playmaker. Just not gonna happen. And unless Ak somehow figures out how to throw it in the ocean over the summer, he's just filling out a jersey too. So we have to hope Peters and Brown blow up and the frosh are really good. Or we will take a GIANT step back (like 10 wins maybe ...)
Namon Wright please be good!!

Back