What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rose Bowl Thread - Oregon v Florida State

Watching the game now on espn3.com. As a College QB, Mariota is up there, he is one of the best I have ever seen. But I have my doubts about his NFL prospects. I don't think he can be successful in the NFL unless he goes to a team like the Eagles.

Watching the game now on espn3.com. As a College QB, Mariota is up there, he is one of the best I have ever seen. But I have my doubts about his NFL prospects. I don't think he can be successful in the NFL unless he goes to a team like the Eagles.

Why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really?

this isn't real is it?

B6UM2TiCQAAn0Po.jpg:large

I think Mariota would be a bad fit in the old school system that calls for a giant with a cannon for an arm. But that offense is not very common any more since it's too damn hard to protect a 5-step drop (and the 7-step exists only on NFL Films). Green Bay, Philadelphia and Seattle are the 3 styles of offense we're mostly seeing now and I believe Mariota fits any of them.

I think Mariota would be a bad fit in the old school system that calls for a giant with a cannon for an arm. But that offense is not very common any more since it's too damn hard to protect a 5-step drop (and the 7-step exists only on NFL Films). Green Bay, Philadelphia and Seattle are the 3 styles of offense we're mostly seeing now and I believe Mariota fits any of them.

Some very good points here, like most QBs it will depend on where he goes.

That said he showed tonight and this season that he can hit tight spots, can read defenses, and can use his mobility without taking excesive physical abuse. He's not Andrew Luck but he could be a good parallel to Russell Wilson, and he wins games in the NFL.

I still have my doubts. Rogers and Wilson still know how to operate in the pocket, they make multiple reads. Mariota is a quick read and go guy at Oregon. I don't see him making the NFL throws. My fear is that he is not getting the development he needs for the NFL.

Does Mariota have the arm strength? He has everything else but was rarely asked to throw those long outs/streaks in college.

Don't know if this was already posted

[tweet]550853074315919360[/tweet]

what?...while Winston might be the nfl pocket passer.. if you look close mm has a much quicker release and just seems to flick the ball, has great speed, will need to improve accuracy...but will be very "coachable" at next level

Lack of respect for Oregon and the Pac-12 continues. A lot of the dialogue is about how FSU gave the game away in the 3rd quarter and other than the turnover stretch yada-yada-yada.

I only have one point to make:

FOR THE ENTIRE 4TH QUARTER, OREGON HAD TO USE THE ENTIRE PLAY CLOCK AND RUN THE BALL EVERY DOWN IN ORDER TO SHOW CLASS AND ONLY WIN BY 39. THIS WAS A COMPLETE DISMANTLING AND DOMINATION.

Lack of respect for Oregon and the Pac-12 continues. A lot of the dialogue is about how FSU gave the game away in the 3rd quarter and other than the turnover stretch yada-yada-yada.

I only have one point to make:

FOR THE ENTIRE 4TH QUARTER, OREGON HAD TO USE THE ENTIRE PLAY CLOCK AND RUN THE BALL EVERY DOWN IN ORDER TO SHOW CLASS AND ONLY WIN BY 39. THIS WAS A COMPLETE DISMANTLING AND DOMINATION.

There was a point, about halfway through the fourth quarter, when Fowler said "Oregon has it's third stringers in the game, and FSU has it's starters in, but you'd never know the difference".

FSU quit. They got slugged in the face and were unprepared to handle a team that matched their speed and intensity.

Herbstreit and Fowler really did a great job calling the game.

:wtf:

Like when working out of the end zone, Mariota pulled the ball back and Fowler called a fumble that he recovered? Kirkstreet had to correct him on that flub. I thought they were barely listenable, and often I didn't.

For my money, and most of you kids won't know wtf I'm talking about, Lindsey Nelson was the best college football announcer. He called the game but didn't have to fill the air constantly. These guys need to learn to stfu and watch the game some of the time.

Last edited:
:wtf:

Like when working out of the end zone, Mariota pulled the ball back and Fowler called a fumble that he recovered? Kirkstreet had to correct him on that flub. I thought they were barely listenable, and often I didn't.

For my money, and most of you kids won't know wtf I'm talking about, Lindsey Nelson was the best college football announcer. He called the game but didn't have to fill the air constantly. These guys need to learn to stfu and watch the game some of the time.

I felt bad for Fowler. Calling games obviously isn't his forte, and he had to do it on the biggest stage this side of the Super Bowl.

I too was irritated with both of their needs to fill every millisecond of air time. ****, even Tebow didn't do that.

Back