What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumors of Certain Regents Potentially Voting Against MT Contract

you know my favorite part of his "grown man" whine? it means (1) he reads AllBuffs and (2) he knows he belongs back in his mother's basement.

kroooooooll!!!!!!!!!

you will be voted out of office!
400px-khan.jpg

I don't understand his whole act. He says in his bio that he loves watching games at Folsom and seeing Ralphie run and all that ****. Then goes on this ridiculous anti-football charade, for what? To appeal to some imaginary football-hating base? He's just completely full of ****.
I have a friend who knows him a little. His take on him is he's trying to use the Regents position as a springboard for higher political office, and all of this is merely a way to get his name out there. My buddy's impression of him is that he's a total light weight and a douche.

I have a friend who knows him a little. His take on him is he's trying to use the Regents position as a springboard for higher political office, and all of this is merely a way to get his name out there. My buddy's impression of him is that he's a total light weight and a douche.

That is good news if true - it means he will be gone soon

Wasn't MT's contract approved? Why waste all of this energy on a couple of morons that made no difference?

Come on guys, he has tons of experience, he was student body president at Cu Denver! He is well prepared to sit on the board of multimillion dollar institution and spout nonsensical logic. The good thing about this is he is getting his name out there, as an imbecile, so when he does run for some other office he won’t slip through unnoticed.

I felt like this whole thing was a perfect set-up for a one liner in one of those awful TV ads...

"As a CU Regent, Jack voted against exorbitant contracts for coaches and stood up for students", something like that.

I've always felt that one needs to establish oneself as a credible voice in the world before seeking public office. I guess that's not his approach.

Move to the other forum if so incline, junta.

I felt like this whole thing was a perfect set-up for a one liner in one of those awful TV ads...

"As a CU Regent, Jack voted against exorbitant contracts for coaches and stood up for students", something like that.
I guess that is a bit more sophisticated than what I imagine his slogan was the running for student body president
“A vote for Jack is a vote for free cookies in the library”

I guess that is a bit more sophisticated than what I imagine his slogan was the running for student body president
“A vote for Jack is a vote for free cookies in the library”

At a heavily commuter populated campus like that, I bet the turnout for student elections is astoundingly low

Whatever higher office he runs for, everyone vote for him so he moves on. Counter politics

Obviously he understands that football could make millions in profit for "cancer research" and pay back any debt in just a few years if they actually dropped all the other sports except Men's b-ball right? Of course he doesn't.
He needs to campaign to overturn Title IX.

Okay. He claims the AD has a $140 million debt. Can anyone verify that? How much remains to be paid on the facilities.

Okay. He claims the AD has a $140 million debt. Can anyone verify that? How much remains to be paid on the facilities.
Yes. There is $140M in debt being financed within that budget. If new debt is not being accrued (i.e., debt service is covered within a balanced budget) then that's a silly thing to harp upon. AD makes $85M a year. Would he harp on someone who made $85k a year having a $140k mortgage?

Whatever higher office he runs for, everyone vote for him so he moves on. Counter politics
You’re suggesting we try to outsmart the Peter Principle?

In my fantasy world, Phillip Anschutz swoops in and pays off the $140m facilities “debt”, thus totally undermining the silly “cancer research” and “debt” arguments and making these idots look foolish. That guy is a HUGE benefactor to medical advancement at CU. Shut em up shamefully in one fell swoop.

Except then they would still entirely miss the point that the direction of donated money doesn’t mean everyone who didn’t get a slice should be outraged, they’d still claim credit for the philanthropy and consider it a reward for the heroic stand they took. Plus, that’s the model these people love - whine and shame and flail your brave little hipster arms until someone else comes in and pays for your juvenile expensive nebulous “righteous” ideas, rather than face the real world of work and balancing complex trade-offs.

Millennials man...millennials.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, we raised 150 million for the facilities and invested it as an endowment, and issued 150 million or so in bonds to pay for the facilities. In other words, we could pay off the bonds today, if we wanted, but we would lose more money annually than we would save. I might be mistaken.

If I remember correctly, we raised 150 million for the facilities and invested it as an endowment, and issued 150 million or so in bonds to pay for the facilities. In other words, we could pay off the bonds today, if we wanted, but we would lose more money annually than we would save. I might be mistaken.
Uh...those are a lot of big words that sound SUSPICIOUSLY like big business jargon to a cool guy like Jack. Your mature knowledge and experience is no match for his feelings, youthful pluck, and innate virtue.

I would love to see that kid waltz into RG’s office and start trying to tell him “how it is”. Just imagine the look on Rick’s face as he calmly and pleasantly listens to this kid give his impassioned speech with a nervous tremor in his voice, followed by a little nod from RG, a little smile trying to hide how pathetic he thinks he is, leans back in his chair, furrows his brow, and calmly replies, “....who are you again?”. And then condescendingly thanks him for his input, and calls him “Jeremy” as he walks him out of his office, and gives a slightly amused but “don’t ever put a meeting with this kid on my calendar again” look to his secretary.

Last edited:
I seriously would like to know of another institution of higher learning that has current employees (who are married to other current employees) that serve on their board of regents. This is Mickey Mouse **** and a conflict of interest. That loophole needs to be closed yesterday.

Back