What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

S&C Coach Dave Forman let go

I think it's important to figure out S&C earlier. That offseason plan has to get developed in a hurry.

I guess MM can always say the team could not finish off the end of games due to strength and conditioning?

Depends on who you ask. For instance, if I ask you, the answer will assuredly be 0% (including MM himself).
We ALL get it, slider. You don't like him and want him gone yesterday no matter what he does. He'll never do anything good in your eyes. Jesus, man. Did he try to become your new stepdad or something?
Yet...the people who actually make decisions disagree with your astute vision for Colorado Football. Sorry you think Rick George is not up to the job he was hired to do.

You have to hand it to him; he's certainly predictable.

So, RG has two hires to make? Foreman ran the entire S&C correct, not just football?
So this isn't an MM hire its an RG hire?

A friend of mine is in the department - that description above is largely correct and Forman had almost no input on court sports. Some over arching things like injury prevention, a focus on flexibility, and concussion prevention ran through the department. Nominally Dave did manage many of the trainers, but his primary focus (as arguably is the who AD's primary focus) was football. Poor results or a conflict in that area would very much have killed him regardless of performance in other areas.

A friend of mine is in the department - that description above is largely correct and Forman had almost no input on court sports. Some over arching things like injury prevention, a focus on flexibility, and concussion prevention ran through the department. Nominally Dave did manage many of the trainers, but his primary focus (as arguably is the who AD's primary focus) was football. Poor results or a conflict in that area would very much have killed him regardless of performance in other areas.
Thanks, that was my question. If he oversaw the other trainers for the other sports, if that made this decision an RG choice or MM choice.

You could definitely see some friction over last offseason between Mac and Forman.

Still, I thought he did a pretty good job here, all things considered.

So far, we're minus two good coaches and haven't gotten rid of any of the dead weight. Not a great start to the offseason imo

I don't know how hiring within the S&C world works but Coach Shaw at my alma mater, DU, was a hell of a strength coach. Just named an NCSA Coach of the Year. I will be extremely pissed if CU were to snag him.

So, any of you guys following McChesney on Twitter?
I don't believe he is coming. He loves what he does and last years mess I think turned off Coach Mac and McChesney realizing it won't workout. But hey I could be wrong. Just what I have heard.

This really isn't a surprise. Public difference of opinion with the HC on the S&C philosophy dating back over a year.

The gazillion injuries we had up front were probably a factor here too. Be interesting to see who they replace Forman with.

Leavitt recently followed his old S&C from USF, Ron McKeefery. Who spent some time in the NFL and is now at EMU.

2013 Cincinnati Bengals (NFL) Strength and Conditioning Coach
2011-13 University of Tennessee Director of Strength & Conditioning-Football
2001-10 University of South Florida Asst. AD/Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
2000-01 University of South Florida Asst. Strength & Conditioning Coach
2000 Berlin Thunder Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
1999-00 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Part-Time Asst. Strength and Conditioning Coach
1998-99 Kansas City Royals Intern Strength and Conditioning Coach
1998-99 Ottawa University Assistant Defensive Backs/Strength Coach

I may be mistaken, but I don't recall Forman's name mentioned anywhere in the thread about assistants that needed to be replaced.

And I have to say I'm thoroughly confused by Duff's responses in this thread. A guy clamoring for changes to the assistant coaching staff all year long is now all of the sudden pointing out that it's a red flag when you make changes to your coaching staff.

I think I clarified what I was trying to say, only so many scapegoats to go around before the head guy needs to go.

Regardless, the initial staff looks less and less impressive as time goes on.

Back