What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

S&C Coach Dave Forman let go

Most top programs, hell, all top programs have good to very good S&C coaches and programs. They also all have players who work extremely hard. We are not going to find some guy who knows a secret no one else knows. We are not going to "out work" other programs. They all work hard. All we can do is optimize the guys we have so that they can reach their full potential. And that's where recruiting, evaluation and coaching come into play.

See Post #168 above. AND PAY ATTENTION!!
BoredPortal.com_Old-man-fight.gif

So, it's January 7th...I don't suppose there will be any more staff changes. This was it? Really?

I wouldn't expect any more announcements until next week at the earliest, including filling the remaining open coaching slot, due to the passing of George M. and the coaches conference.

Not a big twitter guy. Mostly retweets of other CU coaches with the occasional workout report or Christian message.

Yikes. Does he realize this means he will never get a dedicated Drew MF'n Wilson thread, or be annointed head-coach-in-waiting?

I kid, I kid :)

Wow, that is looking more and more like Mac's worst hire, and that is really saying something.

I listened to Adam's podcast. Tyler talked to Shane Callahan at Blake Street Tavern and Shane said he LOVES the new S&C coach and really DIDN'T like Forman...the dislike was so strong it cost Forman his job. Can't believe the SJSU guys liked him...not sure why it took 5-6 working with Mac for him to get the picture.

I listened to Adam's podcast. Tyler talked to Shane Callahan at Blake Street Tavern and Shane said he LOVES the new S&C coach and really DIDN'T like Forman...the dislike was so strong it cost Forman his job. Can't believe the SJSU guys liked him...not sure why it took 5-6 working with Mac for him to get the picture.
The annoying part is that of all the coaches, probably the most important one to have a good rapport with the players is the S&C coach.

Different level of competition between SJSU and CU. The Pac is a week in and week out meat grinder and if you're not on the same level physically as the guy across from you it will wear faster than the MWC and the blame will go straight to the S&C coach by the players.

Here's the difference between Drew Wilson and what we had with Dave Forman, in a nutshell. Saw this on the Scout board this morning and the link is a good, short read on being pragmatic in a S&C program.

Back