What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

S&C Coach Dave Forman let go

Remember how initially MacIntyre wanted the DL to lose weight. I know Foreman felt that a lower weight and stronger core would result in fewer injuries. I wonder if they are sticking with that philosophy?

Remember how initially MacIntyre wanted the DL to lose weight. I know Foreman felt that a lower weight and stronger core would result in fewer injuries. I wonder if they are sticking with that philosophy?

Last offseason, MacIntyre expressed frustration with Forman's long-term approach of building core and advancing through a program that took years before getting to bulk and power. So he made Forman shortcut it last year and there was a rub. So I would doubt that the philosophy you're talking about is going to be the path forward. Especially with running more 3-4 concepts where the DL has to have the size/strength to maintain gap responsibilities against a double team in order to keep the LBs clean.

His tweets on 12/13 were all sent from Boulder. Maybe HCMM is still interviewing candidates and an offer hasn't been made yet.

Well, if he does have the job, he'd still have to go home to move and/or enjoy christmas. I doubt there's much working out going on till after break anyways with finals and guys heading out of town.

Well, if he does have the job, he'd still have to go home to move and/or enjoy christmas. I doubt there's much working out going on till after break anyways with finals and guys heading out of town.
I would imagine, they wanted to get the new guy on campus to get familiar with what he'll be working with and provide some sort of Christmas Break workout program for the players.

I'm 6'5" and I get little man syndromes all the time, but they're usually called something else.

Funny, that's what your wife says too!

Usually I'd say that running smack about family members is off limits, but in this case it's encouraged. Everyone should feel free to talk as much sh!t as they want about @Rugged 's wife. That bitch has it coming.

Not only does she have it coming, but she gets it going, if you know what I mean.

Usually I'd say that running smack about family members is off limits, but in this case it's encouraged. Everyone should feel free to talk as much sh!t as they want about @Rugged 's wife. That bitch has it coming.

@SBG dunno if you'll see this or not. I didn't get alerted for being tagged. Dunno why this isn't working again or when it stopped working. Yes, I have my setting enabled.

image.png

I'd dropped a post in the assistant coaches thread asking about this guy. Don't know much about the guy, but he's been at a couple of programs (UConn and Maryland) where it seems like they've had some solid physical players. Welcome aboard.

A Maryland Football Player had this to say on Reddit:

"I played for UMD and Coach Drew is the man. He's a phenomenal strength coach and him leaving was one of the things I'm really sad about it with the new regime change.

In my time with him, I added almost 200 lbs to my squat max, 50 lbs to my clean, and 100 lbs to my bench. He's a great player coach (which a strength coach should be since we spend most of our time with him when coaches are out recruiting in the spring and summer) but is not afraid to call a player out and really knows how and when to push. I will say that his winter and summer workouts were absolute hell but that's a good thing.

Colorado made a great decision in hiring him and I wish he and the Buffs all the best."

Sounds like he has done well with lineman, which is what we need. Seems like a good hire.

Last edited:
I'm not getting why anyone is "excited" about this hire. That is not meant to say he isn't a great hire. He may very well be. But I don't really see anything that would invoke excitement at this point.

I'm not getting why anyone is "excited" about this hire. That is not meant to say he isn't a great hire. He may very well be. But I don't really see anything that would invoke excitement at this point.
I'm excited that I'm not disappointed. We hired a guy with P5 experience that happened to be available because of a coaching change. That works for me. Please tell us who would have "excited" you?

One thing I don't like seeing in that reddit thread was a poster saying that some folks blamed him for a string of ACL/MCL injuries Maryland apparently experienced, though the same poster also said that could also have simply been a run of bad luck.

One thing I don't like seeing in that reddit thread was a poster saying that some folks blamed him for a string of ACL/MCL injuries Maryland apparently experienced, though the same poster also said that could also have simply been a run of bad luck.
Knee ligament injuries/tears are mostly bad luck. Not really all that preventable through S&C.

I'm excited that I'm not disappointed. We hired a guy with P5 experience that happened to be available because of a coaching change. That works for me. Please tell us who would have "excited" you?
Arnold Schwartzenegger

Back