What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scoreboards

I don't know if anyone caught this in the Brooks article (I imagine most everyone's eyes were glazed over in fury by the time they got there) but I found this little tidbit to be interesting:

New video boards in Folsom Field are "fully installed" but have not yet been tested. However, he said a "premiere event" for the media that will demonstrate the "spectacular impact" the new boards will have is scheduled for Aug. 10. The event is titled "Your Name In Lights."

They will have to test them before that though and I will try to get pics when they do.

What are the screens made of? Micro LED's? I couldn't imagine LCD.

Why did they make the field scoreboard so much larger than the south endzone? What is this, a scoreboard for ants?

Yeah that^^^

Not only is the dimension 3:4 and vertically messed up, it appears the size is less than 1/100th the dimension of the uprights.....

I walked over to the north end and snapped a few pics. The board over there remains off, although as you can see, they have now removed the little scoreboard that was built into the west wall of Dal Ward. I'm not sure what it will be replaced with but I'll try to get a picture of whatever it is when it happens. I also snapped another shot of the south board with my actual camera (the first one was with my phone) so you can get a closer look.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Bohn said something about August 10 being a day to show the fans. Can we see a remastered 62-36 version or even better the 1991 Orange Bowl where the Buffs won it all?

it can be remastered

Unfortunately no - the master copy of the footage would still SD. I mean, you could take the original SD footage and covert it to an HD format so you could show it on the new screens, but it won't look HD. It will look like SD footage on an HD screen.

What are the screens made of? Micro LED's? I couldn't imagine LCD.

Surface mount LEDs. Not sure who is the manufacturer of our new boards, but there is a good chance its from Daktronics: http://www.daktronics.com/ProductsS...ermanent/DVXSeries-Outdoor/Pages/default.aspx

Back