What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scoreboards

Those are going to look lovely.

Golden will receive a shower of rep (yep, i did it) if he can get a picture, or better yet, a VIDEO of them actually turning the board on and testing them

Seems like they actually extended the ribbon boards into the empty space instead of getting rid of the extension.
attachment.php

That's what I thought too BUT I didn't see the crane at all after it packed up earlier so I have no idea how they got new pieces in. I have a hard time believing that they could use the man-lift to get them up there but I guess they must have.

That's great for the secondary board. I'm so excited to see what the North board looks like when it's done.

based on the configuration of the ribbon boards, i'm guessing that they have made provisions to add two segments of the scoreboard on either side of the current board when funding is available...

based on the configuration of the ribbon boards, i'm guessing that they have made provisions to add two segments of the scoreboard on either side of the current board when funding is available...

Yikes, if we can't afford two small section of ribbon scoreboard so that we have to wait until more funds become available, the CU AD is really in dire shape. I don't have much, but maybe i'll send some change I found in my couch cushions yesterday afternoon.

Yikes, if we can't afford two small section of ribbon scoreboard so that we have to wait until more funds become available, the CU AD is really in dire shape. I don't have much, but maybe i'll send some change I found in my couch cushions yesterday afternoon.
youd have to reinforce the **** out of of the structure which is the most expensive part

i'm talking about constructing two full sections of main scoreboard over the ribbon board extensions on the south end of the stadium...those ribbons are gonna look funky without it...

That's what I thought too BUT I didn't see the crane at all after it packed up earlier so I have no idea how they got new pieces in. I have a hard time believing that they could use the man-lift to get them up there but I guess they must have.

Richter standing pressed them into place.

Those are going to look lovely.

Golden will receive a shower of rep (yep, i did it) if he can get a picture, or better yet, a VIDEO of them actually turning the board on and testing them

A Golden shower?

Progress continues on the north end. They've gotten a few more pieces in this morning and I'll be back later this afternoon to see what they can do with the rest of the day. Nothing new has happened with anything on the south end but I'll keep you informed.

IMG_0129.jpg

Just out of curiousity, will the new north board be the same size as the old north board? That wouldn't be a bad thing since we would be able to focus on the action on the football field. :thumbsup:

Just out of curiousity, will the new north board be the same size as the old north board? That wouldn't be a bad thing since we would be able to focus on the action on the football field. :thumbsup:
Nope it's going to be twice as wide.

a bit larger than the original surface area of the old set up with ads... but all video board and no plastic ads

SRRBZUECFYBHVUO.20120424193949.jpg

The new one is bigger and all video screen (along with more ribbon board below)

SRRBZUECFYBHVUO.20120424193949.jpg

The new one is bigger and all video screen (along with more ribbon board below)

They are using the existing superstructure. They did not expand it like they did on the south board. It will be the same surface area as the last board, but all video no stationary ads.

They are using the existing superstructure. They did not expand it like they did on the south board. It will be the same surface area as the last board, but all video no stationary ads.

they actually extended the width a little bit more

So here is today's update (and it's an extra good one). The first picture shows how the board appeared yesterday afternoon/evening. The second and third pics were taken about 20 minutes ago. Below all of that is a video I took of the crane lifting in one of the final pieces. If they work for another couple of hours, they should have all of the pieces up by the end of the day. If the sprinkles I felt turn into a thunderstorm though, all bets are off. They'll definitely have everything installed by Thursday though. The southern situation is still unchanged for now. I'll keep you all informed.

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

[video=youtube;rTCTNHCCWSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTCTNHCCWSs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Have posted the link multiple times and have always given credit to GoldenBuff at allbuffs with every picture. That is a different video board thread though and didn't realize there wasn't a link. Fixed.

Have posted the link multiple times and have always given credit to GoldenBuff at allbuffs with every picture. That is a different video board thread though and didn't realize there wasn't a link. Fixed.
Agreed to all. Thanks. I figured that was the reason.

Totally remember meeting you guys at the bar. It was still early enough for me.

Last edited:
Back