What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sean mother****ing Lewis

That was one of the best games from an offensive play calling perspective I've seen at CU since the 90s.
Without our RB1 and down OLs (NCAA bullsh!t and an injury) against a TCU team that is supposed to have the best D in the Big 12 this year. Plus all the new players, install of a new system, etc. When I put it in perspective, it's an absolutely hyper elite job by an OC today.

Without our RB1 and down OLs (NCAA bullsh!t and an injury) against a TCU team that is supposed to have the best D in the Big 12 this year. Plus all the new players, install of a new system, etc. When I put it in perspective, it's an absolutely hyper elite job by an OC today.
Best defense in B12 is like cutest stripper in Greeley. That said, Lewis is the man.

It was a big mystery coming in but teams have tape on us now. Nebraska will be better defensively. It will be interesting to see how Lewis responds. But no doubt ... he has to feel like a kid in a candy store with so many options at his disposal.

While his offense is impressive I think he still needs to go G5 or a bad P5 team. He was not good at Kent St

It was a big mystery coming in but teams have tape on us now. Nebraska will be better defensively. It will be interesting to see how Lewis responds. But no doubt ... he has to feel like a kid in a candy store with so many options at his disposal.
There's tape going back to 2015 on Sean Lewis and his offense.

Where TCU clearly had trouble in game prep was knowing what Kelly would do on defense. There were significant difference between what he did at Florida State and what he was running as A-DC at Bama.

Nebraska game plan will be: run the ball to control the clock & wear CU down while being very conservative on pass calls to avoid turnovers; keep CU's receivers in front of them while bringing pressure. They're going to try to make it a battle of the trenches.

Where TCU clearly had trouble in game prep was knowing what Kelly would do on defense. There were significant difference between what he did at Florida State and what he was running as A-DC at Bama.

Nebraska game plan will be: run the ball to control the clock & wear CU down while being very conservative on pass calls to avoid turnovers; keep CU's receivers in front of them while bringing pressure. They're going to try to make it a battle of the trenches.
nuh will try to muck it up. That plan goes out of the window when we’re up 21:0 in the 1Q.

And when Edwards gets half a step on them, it will be TOUCHDOWN!

While his offense is impressive I think he still needs to go G5 or a bad P5 team. He was not good at Kent St
Untrue. He was excellent at Kent State. Lowest resourced program in FBS, or close to it. Played 3 road body bag games every year to fund the program which were record killers. Took over a program that had been winning 3 games a year for 5 years (with the recruiting that comes with that) before he took over. 2-10 his first season, 22-21 in the 4 years after (with 9 of the 21 losses on the road against P5 teams & several of the others in bowls + conf title games). Sometimes you have to go beyond the numbers.

My hope here is that with him still being only 37 years old that he isn't in a hurry and will stay at CU until he gets the dream offer. He's got no reason to leave for a G5 or a bad P5.

Last edited:
He was fine at Kent State, relative to what that program is actually capable of. His offenses were tops on the nation. He’s proving to be a top 5 playcaller in the country and doing that at multiple programs, including P5 and having HC experience will have him as a candidate at most P5 openings.

You have no idea how under resourced Kent State when it comes to FBS football. 19 non-FBS schools had bigger budgets than they did.

123rd out of 232 D1 athletic departments.

Kent State only made $313,217 from ticket sales alone last year for the entire AD. That is even less than Northern Colorado's $522,402. I'm sure some D2 programs made more money than UNC & Kent State last year.

Back