What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sean mother****ing Lewis

He was fine at Kent State, relative to what that program is actually capable of. His offenses were tops on the nation. He’s proving to be a top 5 playcaller in the country and doing that at multiple programs, including P5 and having HC experience will have him as a candidate at most P5 openings.
I agree. He makes fantastic calls and has attention to detail, and has quality talent to work with.

He did well at Kent State, given the realities of their program - they have to trade losses for dollars playing teams that can afford to pay for wins.

This shouldn't be a huge surprise though. His offenses have been pretty elite. Getting two years out of him would be amazing
I might be tempted to promote him quickly on the chance that Prime does leave.

We should probably root for Florida-seen some chatter about Napier being on the hot seat after they got spanked Thursday.

I might be tempted to promote him quickly on the chance that Prime does leave.

We should probably root for Florida-seen some chatter about Napier being on the hot seat after they got spanked Thursday.
What position do you suggest we promote Lewis into “on the chance that Prime does leave”?

Also, he’s not leaving CU after one season.

What position do you suggest we promote Lewis into “on the chance that Prime does leave”?

Also, he’s not leaving CU after one season.
I could probably find a post on here where you said the exact same thing about Mel Tucker.

I want this university taking great care of Prime on the off chance he does get a call from somebody like Florida. I'd start talking to his people about a raise and working around the state law that allows those goofy 1 year rolling extensions and making that clear that we want him here as long as he wants to be here and is healthy enough to coach. (saying that because he's 55 and is still dealing with the clotting in the legs) I also want this university taking great care of Lewis.....who did a really good job running Kent State and has clearly established himself as one of the best offensive minds in the game. Keep giving him raises and consider a Coach in Waiting with him if necessary.

This is more about making sure this school's leadership learned from the past.

Last edited:
I could probably find a post on here where you said the exact same thing about Mel Tucker.

I want this university taking great care of Prime on the off chance he does get a call from somebody like Florida. I'd start talking to his people about a raise and working around the state law that allows those goofy 1 year rolling extensions and making that clear that we want him here as long as he wants to be here and is healthy enough to coach. (saying that because he's 55 and is still dealing with the clotting in the legs) I also want this university taking great care of Lewis.....who did a really good job running Kent State and has clearly established himself as one of the best offensive minds in the game. Keep giving him raises and consider a Coach in Waiting with him if necessary.

This is more about making sure this school's leadership learned from the past.
If you can’t see the difference between the CU that hired Tucker and the CU that hired Prime, or the difference between Prime and Tucker themselves, I can’t help you.

Also, nobody is ever being made “coach in waiting”

I think Prime is here 4-5 years minimum
Lewis is a stud and could be coach in waiting, but he will be a hot option
I think Lewis is here to run an offense and coordinate the best way for Shedeur to be a top pick. I also think Lewis is here to mentor and teach Bartelone this offense for long term security. Remember he took a demotion to learn how to be a better play caller

Lewis did kinda the unthinkable, modern day CFB coaches don’t willingly leave their HC roles. Had it been better known nationally that Lewis would have taken a p5 OC job there would have been plenty of suitors.

Hat tip to Prime for going to get him, and handing him the reigns.

Lewis did kinda the unthinkable, modern day CFB coaches don’t willingly leave their HC roles. Had it been better known nationally that Lewis would have taken a p5 OC job there would have been plenty of suitors.

Hat tip to Prime for going to get him, and handing him the reigns.

There were those rumors back in Dec/Jan/Feb that Lewis was leaving Colorado for Notre Dame - so there was some pressure there even after he took the position

Lewis was smart enough to see the writing on the wall after the first year of the transfer portal & the start of NIL that there was no way he could continue to outperform his situation at Kent State. It became an impossible job & dead end for his career.

There were those rumors back in Dec/Jan/Feb that Lewis was leaving Colorado for Notre Dame - so there was some pressure there even after he took the position
For sure, and not every HC has the humility to let another HC into his circle. I don’t think Lewis’s style would play well with SEC style (fan expectations). But obviously Lewis was willing to take the P5 OC risk, and in reality there were many schools in the upper third of the P5 that would love to run the Lewis offense.

My biggest concern with Lew's offense was short yardage & red zone. Answered all of those questions Saturday. I still want to see more, but unlike a lot of spread offenses it looks like ours is adaptable to situational football when it's time to play a little smash mouth.

Lewis needs to be paid like a top SEC coordinator if the offense keeps performing at such a high level. The only way he should leave CU is if it's for a P4 HC job.

With all of that fundraising RG has reeled in (and is going to reel in soon), money shouldn't be a problem for a bump in Lewis' pay for next season if he is back.

We had to burn a TO and had some glitches, which is 1st game stuff they'll clean up, but yeah. Quick subs, quick getting plays in & into formation, no alignment penalties, good communication. Exceeded my expectations - which were very high.
Did we have any false start penalties? I think I remember, maybe, one.

Did we have any false start penalties? I think I remember, maybe, one.
Van Wells had the one play where he got flagged for shifting the ball on the wrong count before snapping. That was a bad offensive series for the OL that also gave up a sack. Iirc, Shedeur & Travis bailed us out of the hole or we'd have lost the game on a 3 & out right there.

Van Wells had the one play where he got flagged for shifting the ball on the wrong count before snapping. That was a bad offensive series for the OL that also gave up a sack. Iirc, Shedeur & Travis bailed us out of the hole or we'd have lost the game on a 3 & out right there.
Tank had at least one.

i am quite certain that our fan base has never loved a coordinator as deeply and passionately and without reserve as it loves Coach Lewis.

this is a great ride.
You should start another thread about that, superfan.

With all of that fundraising RG has reeled in (and is going to reel in soon), money shouldn't be a problem for a bump in Lewis' pay for next season if he is back.
If this team continues like this, every contract will be rewritten this off-season

Back