What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sean mother****ing Lewis

Is Nebraska defense better than TCU? I'm not so sure. I thought Minnesota's offense was pretty bad
Minny is definitely a run first team, but their QB looked awful when he had to pass. The game tying TD required the receiver to make what might end up being the catch of the year with that toe drag.

Is Nebraska defense better than TCU? I'm not so sure. I thought Minnesota's offense was pretty bad
Their secondary was insanely exploitable, especially on the blitz. When 9 left, they started blitzing. It worked at times but the QB almost never made them pay. Sanders is miles better than that QB. Hell, Chandler Morris is miles better than that QB.

Nebraska has to maintain time of possession or it's going to be a VERY long day. If 9 was playing all game, I would leave this in the toss-up lane but now... CU clearly the better team and NU doesn't have any studs outside of 9.

Their secondary was insanely exploitable, especially on the blitz. When 9 left, they started blitzing. It worked at times but the QB almost never made them pay. Sanders is miles better than that QB. Hell, Chandler Morris is miles better than that QB.

Nebraska has to maintain time of possession or it's going to be a VERY long day. If 9 was playing all game, I would leave this in the toss-up lane but now... CU clearly the better team and NU doesn't have any studs outside of 9.
This won’t be a close game with 9 or without.

I think Lewis is here for 2 years minimum. I think the Buffs will be in the top 10 (dare I say CFP) in Shedeur's Senior year. With Shilo and Shedeur gone and CU restored to national prominence, I think it's more likely that CP finds his next challenge at Lewis takes the HC reins at CU.
Everyone would love CP here for a decade, I just don't see it. He constantly looks for new challenges once he's achieved his goals, he has said this. I think Lewis takes over after two or three years.

One game into this season and we're discussing how long a staff member will be here because they are exceptional. We've been accustomed to discussing how long a bozo will be on staff before they're replaced (see block sled)

I think Lewis is here for 2 years minimum. I think the Buffs will be in the top 10 (dare I say CFP) in Shedeur's Senior year. With Shilo and Shedeur gone and CU restored to national prominence, I think it's more likely that CP finds his next challenge at Lewis takes the HC reins at CU.
Everyone would love CP here for a decade, I just don't see it. He constantly looks for new challenges once he's achieved his goals, he has said this. I think Lewis takes over after two or three years.

One game into this season and we're discussing how long a staff member will be here because they are exceptional. We've been accustomed to discussing how long a bozo will be on staff before they're replaced (see block sled)
I used to feel that CP would use CU as a stepping stone, but I’m starting to feel like he might grow some roots here.

CU has embedded the word “Prime” in its new marketing campaign and CP spoke of making so much money that they can add baseball.

I think he really likes it here and there is no question, we really like him. I’m not convinced that a lot of college football programs would be as welcoming of him as CU has been. There is a lot of old school thinking in CFP.

Untrue. He was excellent at Kent State. Lowest resourced program in FBS, or close to it. Played 3 road body bag games every year to fund the program which were record killers. Took over a program that had been winning 3 games a year for 5 years (with the recruiting that comes with that) before he took over. 2-10 his first season, 22-21 in the 4 years after (with 12 of the 21 losses on the road against P5 teams). Sometimes you have to go beyond the numbers.

My hope here is that with him still being only 37 years old that he isn't in a hurry and will stay at CU until he gets the dream offer. He's got no reason to leave for a G5 or a bad P5.
If recruiting and portal transfers go the same way for the Buffs next season, then the assistant coaches have even more reason to stay. With the possibility that the Buffs could be in the the NC conversation in a couple years that would lead to a huge resume boost for a HC job with a P5 school.

So you think CU wins a national championship next year?

Minny is definitely a run first team, but their QB looked awful when he had to pass. The game tying TD required the receiver to make what might end up being the catch of the year with that toe drag.
ButtHusker QB threw 3 picks. Would have been 4 if the safety hadn't lost control of the ball. I can't see the Butthuskers throwing much next Saturday.

So you think CU wins a national championship next year?
I trust CP will close this year with a top 15 recruiting class for 2024 and he will bring in 15+ top transfers (or graduate transfers) to replace the players who are currently here and unable to contribute at a high level. That could land the Buffs in the College Football Playoffs.

I trust CP will close this year with a top 15 recruiting class for 2024 and he will bring in 15+ top transfers (or graduate transfers) to replace the players who are currently here and unable to contribute at a high level. That could land the Buffs in the College Football Playoffs.
My point is that his goal is to be the first black HC to win a national championship, so I don’t think he’s going to be satisfied after two years at CU and leave unless he wins that Natty. The JSU AD asked him to give him 3 years. I don’t think he came to CU to only be here 2 years, especially when he’s talking about getting a baseball program.

My point is that his goal is to be the first black HC to win a national championship, so I don’t think he’s going to be satisfied after two years at CU and leave unless he wins that Natty. The JSU AD asked him to give him 3 years. I don’t think he came to CU to only be here 2 years, especially when he’s talking about getting a baseball program.
I think you're right, he is on the fast track to win a National Championship. My point was, I think he achieves his goal and Lewis is here for that and is the head coach in waiting.
Although, what if CP stay 10 years with a goal of winning the most college football national championships in history 😍 Lewis would be scooped up by a solid P5 after the first or second

Back