What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo out 6-8 months (initial report)

Where is Gherke?

This is a really good question.

You would think that with a healthy Apsay, healthy Gerke, and a healthy WO, they wouldn't be worried about needing to get that deep on the QB depth chart over a couple of games.

I think it could be.
If he can see what we see in the games (open TE's, other options getting open) he can become THAT much better.
He's got the size and desire to win...even has the talent....but I think watching Apsay thow with confidence and accuracy
and watching game film can only do more to help than hinder his game at this point.
Well, I hope to hell he had already been watching lots of film.

I agree. Sefo doesn't need more practice snaps at this point as his main thing for reaching his potential. What he needs is to see the field like an OC. Being basically a coach through the winter and spring could do more to raise his game than being a full practice participant would.

Meanwhile, Aspay and Montez need as many practice reps as they can get.

Blessing in disguise?

I agree with this. Apsay seemed to go thru post-snap progressions and see the whole field. Something that I've been down on Sefo for, his propensity to lock onto his first option.

And where has the screen pass gone? We used that really effectively in the past under Lindgren to combat the blitz. We don't use it at all anymore.

I agree with this. Apsay seemed to go thru post-snap progressions and see the whole field. Something that I've been down on Sefo for, his propensity to lock onto his first option.

And where has the screen pass gone? We used that really effectively in the past under Lindgren to combat the blitz. We don't use it at all anymore.
To run the screen, the o-line has to hold their blocks for about 3 seconds, not sure they can hold them that long.
Kidding, kind of...

They need to hold their blocks for less time on a screen than for a traditional pocket pass. Seems like it would be ideal. Was it last year or the year before where Tony Jones was getting big yards on those middle, and outside screens, with 2-3 linemen in front of him leading the way?

Back