What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo's last

darth-horax

Dang, it just hit me that this will be Sefo's last game at Folsom.

I remember when they pulled his redshirt, the ups, the downs, the struggles...and finally his triumphant senior season in which is his arguably having hte best season of any QB in recent memory.

I have a funny feeling that he will be balls to the wall beast mode this Saturday...don't be surprised if he has tears in his eyes at the end, regardless of the outcome. Dude wears his heart on his sleeve and truly loves the program.

Will truly be missed, but for now, let's enjoy his awesomeness!
Sefo+Liufau+Colorado+v+Colorado+State+O8tQLf8obtrl.jpg

20160530__31BZFBUw~1.jpg

DA_8203-660x330.jpg

602228998.jpg

460x.jpg

Sefo-Liufau_Large-e1398554030457.jpg

Liufau's season this year is what I have been dying for in a CU quarterback. As much as I hate Tim Tebow, I see a lot of similarities. Not the greatest arm, but good enough. Not the greatest runner, but tough as balls. But when everything starts to fall apart and things just aren't going the way they are supposed to (offense isn't clicking, receivers are dropping passes, line is holding up blocks, D is allowing too many points), he takes it upon himself and says "**** it, get on bitches 'cause we're doing this."
I see it in Lindsay as well. And I hope that infection spreads to Montez and every other QB that dares show up at CU.

I think Sefo gets in to the NFL. Teams are going to love his decision making, size, and heart. I picture his trajectory being something like Koy Detmer's, who lasted 9 years in the NFL as a backup - probably as much as anything because when they called on him due to injury, he performed.

At the game on Saturday there were a few Florida fans in front of me, they understandably know nothing about colorado. The guy kept turning and asking me questions,

"who is the RB? he is a stud."
"That QB is all heart, he's a gamer."
"Your safety is a ball hawk, he's fantastic"

Nothing but love. On topic, I love sefo hes such a good guy as well. He deserves so much praise and love for going through what he has here, I want to see him go out a winner.

The Life Cycle of college football is one of the reasons I love it. I remember when we were recruiting Sefo. Then he came into, really, a pretty tough situation and was thrown into the fire earlier than he should've been. He was beaten, broken, abused, exalted, excoriated, praised, cheered, cursed, loved. He broke records and hearts. He failed and excelled. Through it all he never complained. When he was knocked down, he got back up, ready to lead again.

Now he's no longer an 18 year old kid. He's a man, leading men and leading 18 year old kids. Showing them how it's done. Leading them to heights none of us expected. And in a few more games it'll be over. He'll move on. Always loved. Always remembered. And the cycle begins anew.

Last edited:
One of the most polarizing Buffs of all time. Every emotion possible was felt for the guy. One of the all-timers and catalysts for returning this program to its rightful place in college football. Let's ****ing finish this thing, Sefo!

Liufau's season this year is what I have been dying for in a CU quarterback. As much as I hate Tim Tebow, I see a lot of similarities. Not the greatest arm, but good enough. Not the greatest runner, but tough as balls. But when everything starts to fall apart and things just aren't going the way they are supposed to (offense isn't clicking, receivers are dropping passes, line is holding up blocks, D is allowing too many points), he takes it upon himself and says "**** it, get on bitches 'cause we're doing this."
I see it in Lindsay as well. And I hope that infection spreads to Montez and every other QB that dares show up at CU.

In retrospect Sefo will be a much better pro prospect than Tebow was. Tebow was a better and more instinctive runner but Sefo is a much better passer. Still not at the level of the top pro prospects but Sefo throws a much better variety of balls than Tebow ever did.

Biggest difference is that Sefo is learning to make reads and make decisions that Tebow never mastered.

We have seen all of Sefo's flaws for the past four years but looking at some of the guys who are pulling down checks in the NFL and I think Sefo has a real chance to have a career there.

The kid is everything you want in a player. Coachable, humble, tough as hell, a true leader...you can go on. He is the epitome of what the Buffalo Heart should and does represent. Love him and cannot wait to see, as Darth said above, how he finishes his story at CU. A couple breaks going the right way and he will go down as a legend.

First thought is about Sefo.

But so many other seniors who will always be legendary to a thankful fan base.

I've never wanted more to see a group go out in style on Senior Day.
Think about Chido for a second. He passed up a shot at going to the NFL last year because he believed in his team and wanted to be part of something big. He wanted to be part of The Rise. I love that kid.

Remember when M2 got here and this team in addition to lacking talent lacked even more leadership and character.

This senior class has a huge amount to be proud of not just for winning but for changing the attitude of Colorado football. We went from players looking for ways not to work to players holding each other responsible for doing the work. When a player does something great on the field his teammates are genuinely happy for him, make an error of effort and his teammates are there to pick him up.

The respect that Sefo's teammates show to him is an indication of how much he had to do with that change.

Remember when M2 got here and this team in addition to lacking talent lacked even more leadership and character.

This senior class has a huge amount to be proud of not just for winning but for changing the attitude of Colorado football. We went from players looking for ways not to work to players holding each other responsible for doing the work. When a player does something great on the field his teammates are genuinely happy for him, make an error of effort and his teammates are there to pick him up.

The respect that Sefo's teammates show to him is an indication of how much he had to do with that change.

Yep. And while I give credit to the players and don't want to take anything away from them that they have earned, I don't think we had young men of poor character before this. I believe that the biggest key to HCMM's success has been that he has gotten the most and best out of his players, allowing them to achieve to their max.

When he went down last week and the crowd chanted "Sefo.....Sefo.....Sefo....." in unison, it was really touching.

Some people in 117 started it and I wasn't sure if it spread. The team played lights ****ing out after that.

I'm so happy for Sefo. He had many rough games and is finally able to benefit from the fruits of all of his heartache and work ethic.

Dude is tough as nails. One of the thought guys I've seen on the field regardless of position.

Sefo is da bomb...as frustrated as I/we got sometimes at his play in years past...he was trying his best to lead a team with inferior talent/experience. Now that he has a legit P5 team around him, he is showing his stuff. And I'm guessing they rename it the Sefo Liufau Buffalo Heart Award (y).

When he threw that TD pass in the Michigan game on a bad ankle...I was hooked...all the crap before disappeared. Not unlike for me with Elway's SB game against GB when he jumped and was "helicoptered"...what heart and tenacity...what more can be said?

...SEFO IS A GREAT BUFF!!!

Yep. And while I give credit to the players and don't want to take anything away from them that they have earned, I don't think we had young men of poor character before this. I believe that the biggest key to HCMM's success has been that he has gotten the most and best out of his players, allowing them to achieve to their max.

I agree with you that it doesn't happen without M2. I think a lot of good coaches would have failed in this situation.

It did though take some young men of special character to stick with it through the 2 win season, through multiple blowouts, through multiple heartbreaking losses, through a total of 4 wins in the PAC in 3 years.

This season shows that our talent has improved but lots of talented teams aren't as good as we are. We have a group of players who have a special kind of heart to them. M2 is their coach, Sefo and a couple other guys like Chido are their leaders, but as a group they have adopted and thrived under a new attitude.

I have no question that Sefo deserves the Buffalo Heart award but if he wasn't here there is a list of guys who would honor what the award represents. With the kind of guy Sefo is I'm betting that he is genuinely surprised to get it and quickly deflects the honor to his teammates

Back