What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shedeur Sanders - 2023-24 Tracking History Thread

Shadeur was the one calling for the snap with 18 seconds on the clock. Was the one not checking out of deep drop plays when facing a heavy blitz package.
Why can’t an OC tell his qb differently? 18-24 year olds need in-game coaching.

Shadeur was the one calling for the snap with 18 seconds on the clock. Was the one not checking out of deep drop plays when facing a heavy blitz package.
This is something I want to see 2 improve on. This is all a part of game management

We finally have a QB and we are wasting his talent.
At this point I will be surprised if he finishes the season. The coaches need to get creative and design an offense that protects him more.
What a shame and waste.

As a favor to Deion, Jerry Jones will give Shedeur a Free Agent tryout with the Dallas Cowboys when it comes time for his day in the NFL. He is a below average QB.

Too many instances of wide open WRs last night he did not get the ball to.
Hyperbole isn’t an effective trolling tactic my friend. I would recommend going with a really fence-sitting statement with a minor underhanded comment slipped in there. That’s how you get the olds to talk for pages about your post

We finally have a QB and we are wasting his talent.
At this point I will be surprised if he finishes the season. The coaches need to get creative and design an offense that protects him more.
What a shame and waste.
This isn't a new experience. At JSU, we had a horrendous OL his 1st year too. Deion ended up replacing 90% of them. Only 2 returned and one was on the bench. The other got a lot better and was the LT.

The difference is at the P5 level is the margins. We had the worst OL in the nation at JSU in the FCS that got dominated by Delta State of all teams. The next year, we brought in like 12 new OL. Most weren't any good but we landed this D2 kid who was being recruited by Cal, and couple other Pac 12 schools and he signed with us over them, his name was Willis Patrick. We also landed a stud who wanted to come back home to Mississippi, his name was Tyler Brown. That massively improved our OL at that level.

At this level, the quality you need is so much greater. For example, Van Wells would be a FCS all American with ease and has NFL talent but he can look bad playing with this bunch, especially the guards. It's the quality. Jack Wilty ain't bad, he's a solid player for Portland State or UC Davis but for Colorado with the competition we play, he's ass. Same for Beebe. Bailey is a slightly better than average G5 guard but he's a below average P5 guard and for what this scheme ask of its guards, he needs to be physically superior to what he is.

Savion got killed yesterday but he got hit with the Murphy twins and Latu coming off an injury. That's kinda like blaming Travis for the Stanford game when we all know he's him. Savion might not be him but he's decent for this level and has potential to get better. It wouldn't stock me if him and Van are the only two that start next year from this year's team.

This offense requires our OL to be athletic and smart, not strong. We aren't athletic and we are really weak. Hard to win when your EDGE guys are all stronger than you as an OL. Many of these guys simply shouldn't be playing at this level. For some, they just need to be in a different offense like Tank. Tank needs to be in one of those run heavy offenses like Nebraska. This offense requires too much athleticism from the OL. The only one with athleticism and smarts is Wells. He's just weak. He needs to get much stronger.

2 is superior to what he was as a FR and a Soph. He is a legit stud. That said, supporting cast matters for him as with many QBs at this stage. He's not a Michael Vick where he can be around anyone and produce. He needs protection. He's tough as nails but he's still just a human. He is the best QB in the nation to me. I don't know anyone better at this point and I seen them all. My QB2, McCarthy. QB3, Daniels. Qb4, Williams, QB5, Maye. QB6, Penix, QB7 Mertz. QB8, Beck. Etc.

I seen and evaluated them all.
All of them got their strengths and weaknesses. All of them can play.
All of them fit NFL prototypes.

Last edited:
Hyperbole isn’t an effective trolling tactic my friend. I would recommend going with a really fence-sitting statement with a minor underhanded comment slipped in there. That’s how you get the olds to talk for pages about your post
Example:

I'm not sure if Shedeur is ready for the NFL yet. I feel as though he is not seeing the full field - though part of that might be the offensive line. I wonder what NFL teams have systems that would be a good fit for Shedeur, and if Coach Prime could leverage some of his relationships to get him on one of those teams.

It's not that hard.

Example:

I'm not sure if Shedeur is ready for the NFL yet. I feel as though he is not seeing the full field - though part of that might be the offensive line. I wonder what NFL teams have systems that would be a good fit for Shedeur, and if Coach Prime could leverage some of his relationships to get him on one of those teams.

It's not that hard.

Sorry, but your trolling game sucks

Example:

It's not that hard.
Here’s another example:

“Shedeur’s advanced football intelligence, combined with his natural instincts as a good teammate help mask his current physical limitations until those limitations can be fixed. Many of them can be. He’s an interesting, if puzzling, NFL prospect.”

Master trolls mix compliments with derision to create a stew of ambiguous snark.

This isn't a new experience. At JSU, we had a horrendous OL his 1st year too. Deion ended up replacing 90% of them. Only 2 returned and one was on the bench. The other got a lot better and was the LT.

The difference is at the P5 level is the margins. We had the worst OL in the nation at JSU in the FCS that got dominated by Delta State of all teams. The next year, we brought in like 12 new OL. Most weren't any good but we landed this D2 kid who was being recruited by Cal, and couple other Pac 12 schools and he signed with us over them, his name was Willis Patrick. We also landed a stud who wanted to come back home to Mississippi, his name was Tyler Brown. That massively improved our OL at that level.

At this level, the quality you need is so much greater. For example, Van Wells would be a FCS all American with ease and has NFL talent but he can look bad playing with this bunch, especially the guards. It's the quality. Jack Wilty ain't bad, he's a solid player for Portland State or UC Davis but for Colorado with the competition we play, he's ass. Same for Beebe. Bailey is a slightly better than average G5 guard but he's a below average P5 guard and for what this scheme ask of its guards, he needs to be physically superior to what he is.

Savion got killed yesterday but he got hit with the Murphy twins and Latu coming off an injury. That's kinda like blaming Travis for the Stanford game when we all know he's him. Savion might not be him but he's decent for this level and has potential to get better. It wouldn't stock me if him and Van are the only two that start next year from this year's team.

This offense requires our OL to be athletic and smart, not strong. We aren't athletic and we are really weak. Hard to win when your EDGE guys are all stronger than you as an OL. Many of these guys simply shouldn't be playing at this level. For some, they just need to be in a different offense like Tank. Tank needs to be in one of those run heavy offenses like Nebraska. This offense requires too much athleticism from the OL. The only one with athleticism and smarts is Wells. He's just weak. He needs to get much stronger.

2 is superior to what he was as a FR and a Soph. He is a legit stud. That said, supporting cast matters for him as with many QBs at this stage. He's not a Michael Vick where he can be around anyone and produce. He needs protection. He's tough as nails but he's still just a human. He is the best QB in the nation to me. I don't know anyone better at this point and I seen them all. My QB2, McCarthy. QB3, Daniels. Qb4, Williams, QB5, Maye. QB6, Penix, QB7 Mertz. QB8, Beck. Etc.

I seen and evaluated them all.
All of them got their strengths and weaknesses. All of them can play.
All of them fit NFL prototypes.

He is Not even the 6th best QB in the Pac-12 , but nice try --- Like I say, he will come into the NFL as a free agent, if at all

I see some trolls popping off...let's look at the Pac-12 passing stats up to this point and it is conference only:

1698949997742.png

Just imagine Shedeur's stats if he had a decent OL.

If he comes back next season, he will be a better QB for sure.

Donald Glover Wow GIF by MOODMAN

Betting shows were talking and asking about SS and his health. He is beat up. I hope we slow down, run the ball, pick our spots, and the defense gets more turnovers. SS cannot take more hits anymore

Shedeur has been a warrior all season, but IMHO NFL scouts are gonna need to see him show some success under center at game speed before he's a true draft prospect.

That's clearly not happening this year...

New hires don’t need to know 100% of skills on day one.

I'll give you that one (unless they're first rounders).

I'm probably just frustrated that our OLine isn't capable of protecting him even when he's in the shotgun, and can see the formations pre-snap and can see the field better as the play develops. There's no way we can run under center now which, I think, gives opposing teams a huge advantage in scheming defenses since they always know where we're starting from.

Also , starting 5 yards deep after the snap every ****ing time isn't exactly conducive to establishing a running game.

Last edited:
Back