What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shurmur taking over play calling

The CU and Prime hate out there because of this move is crazy. A lot of sentiments like “Sean Lewis gave up a HC position to come to Boulder only to deal with this bull****. He deserves better” and “Sean Lewis is such a better football coach than Deion Sanders, this is laughable”, or “Sean Lewis is the only reason I thought this experiment might work in Boulder, what a horrible decision”.

It’s so telling who has been watching CU games intently and who has been watching casually or just checking the scores.

The CU and Prime hate out there because of this move is crazy. A lot of sentiments like “Sean Lewis gave up a HC position to come to Boulder only to deal with this bull****. He deserves better” and “Sean Lewis is such a better football coach than Deion Sanders, this is laughable”, or “Sean Lewis is the only reason I thought this experiment might work in Boulder, what a horrible decision”.

It’s so telling who has been watching CU games intently and who has been watching casually or just checking the scores.
A LOT of angry white dudes out there.

Right now I'm more concerned about keeping him healthy. The less contact he takes, the better this month.
SS is working towards the Mahomes, Tua type of NFL QB. Tua, who is being talked about for pro bowl has played 8 games, 17 TD, 8 INT, 2,400 yards, ran for like 26 yards total (they do not run him much), sacked 11 times.

SS has pocket presence, accuracy, toughness, winner. Can run if needed, but his accuracy and vision are NFL gold. Him and Lewis just do not fit, and Antwan Hill is the same way.

SS is working towards the Mahomes, Tua type of NFL QB. Tua, who is being talked about for pro bowl has played 8 games, 17 TD, 8 INT, 2,400 yards, ran for like 26 yards total (they do not run him much), sacked 11 times.

SS has pocket presence, accuracy, toughness, winner. Can run if needed, but his accuracy and vision are NFL gold. Him and Lewis just do not fit, and Antwan Hill is the same way.
I'm not talking about designed runs. Frankly, I wouldn't do that. I'm looking for more of an attempt to establish our backs with probably some more quick passes.

This is about keeping SS healthy.

After sleeping on it, this could either be the shake up that cures some hidden ills lurking amongst the staff of which we know nothing, or a disaster of epic proportions. Film at 11.

A
Lewis is an outstanding OC. This is dumb.

Lewis simply HAS to have certain guys with certain talents for his offense to work, and he doesn't seem interested in modifying his system.
Agree. Scheme flexibility is the biggest issue i see with both Kelly and Lewis. Have to alter it until you have the personnel to run it.

After sleeping on it, this could either be the shake up that cures some hidden ills lurking amongst the staff of which we know nothing, or a disaster of epic proportions. Film at 11.
So basically, a happy evening for a class of 4th graders at Denver Zoo Lights, or a 5 alarm fire at an Aurora meth apartment.

Last edited:
A LOT of angry white dudes out there.
It’s fun to hear people get adorably racist when they see me in Buffs gear, or run into me on a Sunday.

Usually I just let them know who won this year, and in recent games. Then say good luck with directional religious state college because it’s a nub fan 9/10 times.

What does it matter? We were trending in the wrong direction. Schumer ain't gonna be OC beyond the next 4 games, so why get your panties in a bunch?
Absolutely. This is an attempt to salvage the season and win some games this year. I have no doubt HCP will re-evaluate the whole thing for next year.

This is pretty much what I thought would be going on this year, before the season started. For a few games, hope overwhelmed reason. We finally brought in some real talent, but that doesn’t build a full program in a year, even in modern transfer rules CF.

It’s just too hard to create a dominant OL or DL. Those guys are rare and hard to come by. And you can’t be a dominant team without dominant lines.

I feel for Lewis, as I’m sure he believed his scheme could work without the greatest OL-just guys who can do the specifics well in the run game and give the QB a few seconds to throw the ball. That’s where this has all blown up. I’m sure film on us had shown that we can’t handle any form of stunts up front, and the D doesn’t have to blitz to get to SS. You can’t call any offense scheme, certainly not Lewis’, when OL are standing around watching guys run by them.

I believe the developing issues derive mainly a from combination of BB and lack of OL talent.

I was told that 32 points/game tells the entire story.

I didn't know lewis called single high man press against Stanford with a rusty db. Good to know who to blame.

What’s your definition of a disaster of epic proportions? I would say last weeks offensive showing was a disaster of epic proportions.
Not saying last week wasn't a warm turd in the skivvies, just saying it could, actually, be worse. (I don't think it will be though).

Absolutely I do. I don't care who calls plays if they work, but the optics of this are chit.
Compare the Defense to the offense last week. Defense had arguably their best performance. Yes, they gave up 28 points but that's what happens when the Offense does nothing.

I was told that 32 points/game tells the entire story.
I don't want to minimize that (or the great job in the red zone). What's gone right on offense has been exceptionally good. The problem is that it's sink of swim. If we don't have a scoring drive, it seems like it's 3 plays with lost yardage and Shedeur getting abused. And long stretches of stringing those bad series together. We rarely have a drive where we accomplish enough positive things to maintain or gain a little momentum and reverse field position.

Back