What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SI: CU Assistant Coach's Victim Seeks Justice

This is why victims of crimes need to go to the proper authorities. How many lives are now being upended and how much money is now being wasted because somebody didn't just go to the police?

My question is how do the regents justify investigating Mac? Per the policy he reported the incident to his superiors. Are they (Kroll) thinking he should have also gone above the chancellor's head and reported to OIEC?

Regents are opening themselves up to the potential of a really stupid lawsuit depending on how this all plays out.

My question is how do the regents justify investigating Mac? Per the policy he reported the incident to his superiors. Are they (Kroll) thinking he should have also gone above the chancellor's head and reported to OIEC?

Regents are opening themselves up to the potential of a really stupid lawsuit depending on how this all plays out.

That's what all this will boil down to is as a mandatory reporter you are now responsible to go straight to the OIEC or Title XI office. Reporting up within the department now been labled innefective.

The only comparison I can make was when I was mining each department had a boss who reported to the general manager and they ran the mine. But, the most powerful person on the minesite was the Health and Safety Manager. He had the the ability to shut down operations, fire employees on the spot and was to be independent of operations managers.

That's what all this will boil down to is as a mandatory reporter you are now responsible to go straight to the OIEC or Title XI office. Reporting up within the department now been labled innefective.

The only comparison I can make was when I was mining each department had a boss who reported to the general manager and they ran the mine. But, the most powerful person on the minesite was the Health and Safety Manager. He had the the ability to shut down operations, fire employees on the spot and was to be independent of operations managers.
From what I understand though, this situation does not fall under the mandatory reporting rules due to the parties involved. Did not happen to a student or faculty and it did not happen on campus. That is why DiStefano has talked about changing their policies.

I'd imagine a key question that will be thoroughly investigated is how, exactly, the TRO issued on 12/20 could have escaped the attention of the university for 16 days.

Who knew about the TRO? When? How is info from a neighboring community's court system supposed to flow?

From what I understand though, this situation does not fall under the mandatory reporting rules due to the parties involved. Did not happen to a student or faculty and it did not happen on campus. That is why DiStefano has talked about changing their policies.
I know, so what happens now.

Take the exact same situation, Mac goes to the OIEC with what he had been told. That office looks over the details, what action could they take besides referring her to the police. Or what if the office decides the case lies outside their jurisdiction, the victim must still go the police. I would advocate for the university to have policy where issues like this can be reported to a third party office. Beyond being an information for the victim what could the office provide? I don't think anyone at CU wants to see a kangaroo court for university employees.

I do not see how the end could be any different no matter the channel. This issue requires the legal authorities. Ultimately, in a timeline of less than 2 months the legal investigation collected the evidence and reached the appropriate conclusion. CU reviewed it the information and quickly severed tied with Tumpkin.

Makes too much since Shouldr

Is this stop 'the Rise' and prevent the 'New Era' by other means? Did Oregon help fund Kroll's election? Inquiring minds want to know.

Regent "Jack" Kroll - Defending the Universe from football.

Krull.jpg

Last edited:
And we wonder why it is hard to get decent coaches to come to Boulder. 1 year contracts for assistants (supposedly being fixed) and a leadership organization that can never be relied on to support the program. Not sure I want to stay long term if I am MM now and I could not blame him if we looked for the first decent HC outside of Boulder. That happens and you will see how hard it will be to hire a coach at CU. there are way too many jobs out there where you do not have to deal with type of bull**** investigation. Un****ing real.

Well, this regent dude is a moron, for sure. But the other regents must've gone along.

Well, this regent dude is a moron, for sure. But the other regents must've gone along.

Sure. It's due diligence and the proper role for a Regent to play. They should look into this before rubberstamping a $3MM contract. I'm 100% ok with that. Hell, I'd think they failed in their duties if they didn't do that.

But playing it out in the press to grandstand about doing it? Scoring personal political points at the expense of the university you represent? That's disgusting.

Sure. It's due diligence and the proper role for a Regent to play. They should look into this before rubberstamping a $3MM contract. I'm 100% ok with that. Hell, I'd think they failed in their duties if they didn't do that.

But playing it out in the press to grandstand about doing it? Scoring personal political points at the expense of the university you represent? That's disgusting.
I suppose that's my biggest issue with this. It is yet another black eye and will be chum in the water for CU detractors, media, opponents, etc. They could not be handling this worse. Whether it is or isn't, this has the appearance of an accusation toward Mac and RG. And even if their is a finding of no wrong doing, the tarnish on their reputation will stand at least for a period of time.

I suppose that's my biggest issue with this. It is yet another black eye and will be chum in the water for CU detractors, media, opponents, etc. They could not be handling this worse.
I wouldn't say that just yet, they seem to find ways to **** things up worse quite easily.

He clearly has an axe to grind about only getting his degree from cu denver and not boulder. He also has no understanding of college athletics. He was complaining in the daily camera about the move to allow more guaranteed contracts. Thats what this is really about.

He clearly has an axe to grind about only getting his degree from cu denver and not boulder. He also has no understanding of college athletics. He was complaining in the daily camera about the move to allow more guaranteed contracts. Thats what this is really about.

He also believes that if $160 million hadn't been spent on Folsom & IPF that there would have been $160 million that could have been spent on academic programs. I'm dead serious.

I'm not sure Kroll has any idea of the nature of college athletics. How the **** did a 28* year old **** who didn't even get a degree at Boulder become a regent so soon?

Last edited:
One, I thought he was 28, like there is much difference. Second, his photo indicated cheese dick right away. Rocking that weak ass beard.

He also believes that if $160 million hadn't been spent on Folsom & IPF that there would have been $160 million that could have been spent on academic programs. I'm dead serious.
Well, there is a reason they have that money to play with. It's not like 50000 people are gonna show up to see a kid do a damn chemistry experiment, ill leave out the bowtie up the ass part. Kinda lol.

Dude, this guy is a joke. I don't know how to react.

Like this?

Or like this?

I'm not sure Kroll has any idea of the nature of college athletics. How the **** did a 28* year old **** who didn't even get a degree at Boulder become a regent so soon?

Nobody takes elections for regent seriously. Thats how.

Whats scary is that he he was a double major in english and economics. As someone who has a MA in Economics, to hear him grossly misuse the concept of opportunity cost makes my skin crawl.

Hey, now I sort of like this guy!
Fight, CU-Denver, down the field!
CU-Denver must win!

Nah. **** that. And **** him. He gives us CU Denver alums a bad name.

I think the fundamental issue here is that HCMM failed morally. From a legal standpoint maybe he did what he was told - but this woman came to him because she didn't have anywhere else to go and HCMM lawyered up. It's shameful.
Bull****. She should have gone to the police. There was nothing to gain by going to Mac. Unless she wants to try to get things in such a mess that she can sue the University. Otherwise, you either go to the police to get it to stop, or you don't. No way that Mac can make Tump do anything. All Mac can do is fire Tump. But he can't do that off of someone's allegations.

So he talks to higher ups to apprise them of what is happening. The allegations. CU does what any business does. Let lawyers handle it. Once it's official enough that the police think they can procescute, you have reason to fire Tump. Lawyers are going to keep CU as safe as possible. It's what they are paid to do. As this didn't happen on CU grounds with CU knowledge, I'm guessing CU is advised at that point to cut ties with a Tumpkin and to stay the hell out of it.

This is between Tumpkin and the ex gf. As soon as it became a legal thing (and not a 'he said/she said' thing) then CU did what was appropriate.

Can't believe this is even an issue.

Had it turned out that the accusations were false even leaving Tumpkin home could have had legal consequences.

This isn't like leaving a sales rep back in Cleveland and blaming it on the flu. Had Tumpkin not been at the bowl it would have been hard to pass it off, football coaches coach unless they are clearly unable and then it is seen as a mark against them. Being a P5 assistant coach is a very public job.

This was all around a bad situation. Blaming based on much less than 20/20 hindsight doesn't make the situation any better for anyone. SI threw some crap against the wall and got some clicks to their dying magazine.

As long as the woman was safe during the process and the school came to the right conclusion and actions without having to be prompted to by outside pressure I'm good with it.

The rest is making a story when their shouldn't be one. How about ESPN using their scroll to remind the nation that most of the administrators at Baylor have never admitted wrongdoing and are still in their jobs with the university? How about reminding the public that other P5 universities still have assistants with DUI convicitions driving school paid rental cars while on the road recruiting? How about looking to see in the people who signed off on giving kids at UNC credits for classes they had never heard of much less attended are still working for the university?

No instead we make a big deal because CU forced an assistant to resign his job a week or two later than they could have if they had just jumped to it without considering the legal ramifications.
Bullies pick on easy target. Reporters know that any story about CU will cause CU to start punching itself going 'Why don't I stop hitting myself? Why don't I stop hitting myself??'

That is why they jump on any story about CU. They know CU will throw gas on that couch of a story and give them easy stories for a long time,

In the report, the woman alleged that she’d been the victim of domestic violence at Tumpkin’s hands 80 times in 2015 and 2016. A Broomfield Police affidavit puts the number of assaults at more than 100.....

Um yea... lets make that probably 10. If it was 100 then your bad not his.

Oh ****. You are a moron. You realize women go back for 2 main reasons:

1. they do not feel safe and/or
2. They love that person and think they will change.

You think it's her bad that she hoped that maybe this time she can fix him? There is no justification for assaulting someone in this manner.

And 80 or 100 or more is times someone is choked/assaulted. Not necessary single dates.

Back