What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SI: CU Assistant Coach's Victim Seeks Justice

Bull****. She should have gone to the police. There was nothing to gain by going to Mac. Unless she wants to try to get things in such a mess that she can sue the University. Otherwise, you either go to the police to get it to stop, or you don't. No way that Mac can make Tump do anything. All Mac can do is fire Tump. But he can't do that off of someone's allegations.

So he talks to higher ups to apprise them of what is happening. The allegations. CU does what any business does. Let lawyers handle it. Once it's official enough that the police think they can procescute, you have reason to fire Tump. Lawyers are going to keep CU as safe as possible. It's what they are paid to do. As this didn't happen on CU grounds with CU knowledge, I'm guessing CU is advised at that point to cut ties with a Tumpkin and to stay the hell out of it.

This is between Tumpkin and the ex gf. As soon as it became a legal thing (and not a 'he said/she said' thing) then CU did what was appropriate.

Can't believe this is even an issue.

Ummm she wanted to protect Joe and get him help. Then she talked to others about it and realized I have to go to the cops to make this right. The victim shaming by some of you makes me pray my daughters or anyone I know don't have to go through this. Some Class A morons.

Can't believe people can't see they did not handle it correctly as mandatory reporters.

Bullies pick on easy target. Reporters know that any story about CU will cause CU to start punching itself going 'Why don't I stop hitting myself? Why don't I stop hitting myself??'

1, really not an appropriate analogy in this case. 2, CU fans, like CU itself, need to stop blaming the media for doing what it usually does. The solution is to stop doing dumb stuff that gives the media an angle, it's not that hard.

Ummm she wanted to protect Joe and get him help. Then she talked to others about it and realized I have to go to the cops to make this right. The victim shaming by some of you makes me pray my daughters or anyone I know don't have to go through this. Some Class A morons.

Can't believe people can't see they did not handle it correctly as mandatory reporters.

Ok so let's say it is handled differently and she's able to get Joe some help and he's still a coach at CU. And what if Joe's actions are still found out by the public while still being a coach at CU? The ****storm would be bigger than it is now with Title IX implications soon to follow. I'm not victim shaming, I think it just illustrates the 'rock and a hard place' the admin was in.

Sure. It's due diligence and the proper role for a Regent to play. They should look into this before rubberstamping a $3MM contract. I'm 100% ok with that. Hell, I'd think they failed in their duties if they didn't do that.

But playing it out in the press to grandstand about doing it? Scoring personal political points at the expense of the university you represent? That's disgusting.
Yeah, I did not read the original BDC article in detail prior to all the gnashing of teeth on here about Kroll, but that is a BAD look. I bet the other regents are pissed. The other 8 regents basically issued 3-4 sentences COMBINED in reply to media inquiries, and Kroll went on like a drunken sailor. We really need to organize and get that guy out of office at the earliest opportunity.

Yeah, I did not read the original BDC article in detail prior to all the gnashing of teeth on here about Kroll, but that is a BAD look. I bet the other regents are pissed. The other 8 regents basically issued 3-4 sentences COMBINED in reply to media inquiries, and Kroll went on like a drunken sailor. We really need to organize and get that guy out of office at the earliest opportunity.

I dread what influence Kroll might bring to the necessity of eventually replacing President Bruce Benson.

I dont understand why MM could not have suspended JT with pay and not take him to the bowl or call defense? Why play with fire on this? He already pushed the envelope with hiring JL and his violence baggage. Violence in higher education is taken very seriously- JT has alot of influence with kids and his situation should be taken more seriously than it was.

I dont understand why MM could not have suspended JT with pay and not take him to the bowl or call defense? Why play with fire on this? He already pushed the envelope with hiring JL and his violence baggage. Violence in higher education is taken very seriously- JT has alot of influence with kids and his situation should be taken more seriously than it was.
It's obvious at this stage that he should have done exactly that. The only pseudo-excuse is that our defensive staff was already shorthanded. But hell - you have the equipment guy call the defense if you have to.

I dread what influence Kroll might bring to the necessity of eventually replacing President Bruce Benson.
I'm not so sure about that. I think Kroll really used a bunch of political capital with his fellow regents by going public with this.Clearly from their comments (or lack thereof) to the press, the other regents understand the delicacy and nuance of this situation and the need to keep this in house. How do you think they feel about a guy who's been a regent for about a month being a mouthpiece to the press? Outside of Ganahl, they've all been doing this for at least 6 years.

I'm not so sure about that. I think Kroll really used a bunch of political capital with his fellow regents by going public with this.Clearly from their comments (or lack thereof) to the press, the other regents understand the delicacy and nuance of this situation and the need to keep this in house. How do you think they feel about a guy who's been a regent for about a month being a mouthpiece to the press? Outside of Ganahl, they've all been doing this for at least 6 years.

So far as I know, Kroll answers to voters as an elected official. By winning the election (uncontested), he likely believes that his job is to deliver on his campaign promises, which includes advocating for affordable tuition at the expense of athletics.

I am not sure what the other 8 regents can and can't do to temper Kroll from fulfilling his stated mission. Even if Kroll does become more savvy and politically astute, it seems unlikely to me that he'll change opinions on the role athletics should or shouldn't have at CU.

Put him in front of a microphone or sit him down with a reporter and he'll likely keep banging the same old drum.

So let me get this straight. A regent is asserting that his fiancé's salary earned at CU is evidence that CU's salary practices are racist, sexist, or both.

Hello. Conflict of interest. This can't possibly make his fiancé's work environment any more comfortable for anyone involved.

So far as I know, Kroll answers to voters as an elected official. By winning the election (uncontested), he likely believes that his job is to deliver on his campaign promises, which includes advocating for affordable tuition at the expense of athletics.

I am not sure what the other 8 regents can and can't do to temper Kroll from fulfilling his stated mission. Even if Kroll does become more savvy and politically astute, it seems unlikely to me that he'll change opinions on the role athletics should or shouldn't have at CU.

Put him in front of a microphone or sit him down with a reporter and he'll likely keep banging the same old drum.
in state tuition at CU is already very affordable, commersuate with market value when factoring in the academic excellence

So let me get this straight. A regent is asserting that his fiancé's salary earned at CU is evidence that CU's salary practices are racist, sexist, or both.

Hello. Conflict of interest. This can't possibly make his fiancé's work environment any more comfortable for anyone involved.

3rd person today to open with this today. Propose we shorten to SLMGTS, IMHO. SMH

The fact they should fire him like now should get old if he can't know when to speak and put it on the net, ****ing idiot.

Back