What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SI: CU Assistant Coach's Victim Seeks Justice

Reality: CU can replace that fiancee tomorrow at what she thinks is too little pay and it won't cost the university any donations or applications.
I'd like to know her level of experience compared to her male counterparts. I'd also like to know what CU's pay system is. For instance, the Federal government has a pay grade system that gives raises based on time in grade.

I'd like to know her level of experience compared to her male counterparts. I'd also like to know what CU's pay system is. For instance, the Federal government has a pay grade system that gives raises based on time in grade.

For sure. Does anyone believe for a second that the CU system pays women less than men if they have the same experience level and are doing the same job? I sure hope no one believes that crap.

For sure. Does anyone believe for a second that the CU system pays women less than men if they have the same experience level and are doing the same job? I sure hope no one believes that crap.
Hardy har har. I want to know the facts so that if she is equal and not getting paid equally I'd have to agree with the guy. I can't say he's right or wrong otherwise and I really WANT to call bull****.

Hardy har har. I want to know the facts so that if she is equal and not getting paid equally I'd have to agree with the guy. I can't say he's right or wrong otherwise and I really WANT to call bull****.

My post was serious, DBT.

Reactions: DBT
Repeating what I said in another thread. After reading Sarah Kuta's article linked in the above tweet, if I were MM and RG, I'd have one foot out the door....and soon be looking to GTFO ASAP. This is being set up to become a Salem witch hunt...and no one at CU is defending these guys for trying to do what they thought was right.

No Mac isn't going down and neither is RG. They will have to continue to address this thing till it blows over but considering that they did nothing illegal and there is no evidence of any kind that indicates that they attempted to cover anything up or protect a coach or player even the most anti-CU or anti-athletic reporters will run out of things to try to turn into a story.

More significant is that there is no evidence that the athletic department has a culture that condones or protects individuals who inflict violence on others. There is not big story or expose here.

Kroll with continue to troll, that is who he is. He won't be the first regent who has tried to do this and won't be the last. I can guarantee that other schools in the PAC12 and throughout the country have individuals on their board or regents or other governing body that are trying to make a name for themselves by hating on athletics or other parts of the university. The other members are for the most part successful, accomplished individuals who quickly develop means of dealing with the troublemakers and manage to marginalize them.

Kroll will be around for a while but likely when he figures out that he is not going to get his way and that his views are pretty well ignored by the rest of the board he will decide to do something else with his time and not run again.

Repeating what I said in another thread. After reading Sarah Kuta's article linked in the above tweet, if I were MM and RG, I'd have one foot out the door....and soon be looking to GTFO ASAP. This is being set up to become a Salem witch hunt...and no one at CU is defending these guys for trying to do what they thought was right.

That's one take I guess

Fire DiStefnao immediately. If there is even a 0.1% you at least ask. What a ****ing idiot.

If Teflon Phil survived and thrived through the 2003 scandal and his DUI, there's no way this will stick to him. But there's always a chance he decides to retire.

If Teflon Phil survived and thrived through the 2003 scandal and his DUI, there's no way this will stick to him. But there's always a chance he decides to retire.
RG and mac have a lot more pull than people think, especially if benson really does like mac as much as rumored.

That little man is the one who keeps giving. What a complete dickhead. I hope he goes down this time but my guess is Phil will see this one slide off him like his past issues. Complete asshat.

I think the former scandal is having an effect. Let's see how it plays out. That and some other mofos need to kick rocks.

This whole notion is bull**** and largely overblown in every industry, not just in the CU system.

Actually, I think Phil took one for the team, intentional or not. He's the one who made the ultimate decision. He's the one who will take any heat. Mac and RG did the right thing.

Phil is probably gone, and that might be it.

But I don't necessarily disagree with the notion that MM and RG might be considering getting the heck out of town at the first good offer. This witch hunt stuff isn't new now. The last successful coach we had here wasn't just ousted here, his career was ruined. Some of that was Gary's own fault, but even that was because CU didn't adequately support him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get to a point soon where this job is considered toxic.

This ****ing sucks.

Gary ran his mouth on tv, shut up and handle things behind closed doors. Jesus Christ it's not that ****ing hard. To me, some had an agenda to get their name out. It doesn't benefit anybody but those that did it. Their dumbass's don't get they are gonna hurt themselves too unless there are things we don't know already. Fire who ran their mouth. Nobody is gonna want you if you talk ****, especially on social media. They should've canned that peckerwood already.

Phil is probably gone, and that might be it.

But I don't necessarily disagree with the notion that MM and RG might be considering getting the heck out of town at the first good offer. This witch hunt stuff isn't new now. The last successful coach we had here wasn't just ousted here, his career was ruined. Some of that was Gary's own fault, but even that was because CU didn't adequately support him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get to a point soon where this job is considered toxic.

This ****ing sucks.

My friend, this job has been toxic for a long time. It's nothing but a stepping stone job. You will get stereotyped as a troll here if you point this out. I wish it was different, but it's not.

Actually, acknowledging that there are drawbacks to the job will not get you labeled a troll. There is also a middle ground between "great" and "toxic" where CU probably sits, which means there is nothing that sets it apart (in good ways or bad ways) from many P5 jobs. Realistically, very few P5 jobs do not fall into the "stepping stone" category.

This whole notion is bull**** and largely overblown in every industry, not just in the CU system.

In my industry, I have NEVER worked for a company that pays/paid professional women less than men for the same job description. Just doesn't happen. It's an Urban Legend, except for maybe Laundromats, Crappy Restaurants, or Left Wing Lobbyist Organizations.

In my industry, I have NEVER worked for a company that pays/paid professional women less than men for the same job description. Just doesn't happen. It's an Urban Legend, except for maybe Laundromats, Crappy Restaurants, or Left Wing Lobbyist Organizations.

That said, I can remember overhearing conversations when I was a kid about "I need to pay him more than her because he's got a family to support". But we're talking 35 years ago. I've never heard anything like that within my work career. If it exists today, I suspect that it is very rare.

Actually, acknowledging that there are drawbacks to the job will not get you labeled a troll. There is also a middle ground between "great" and "toxic" where CU probably sits, which means there is nothing that sets it apart (in good ways or bad ways) from many P5 jobs. Realistically, very few P5 jobs do not fall into the "stepping stone" category.

Thanks Duff. Maybe "toxic" was a slight overstatement. I'll go with "tenuous". I just wish, as we all do I think, that the local culture around Denver/Boulder wasn't so quick to jump on CU and that CU was not so complicit in the self-flagellation. Old story.

Brother-in-law was on the losing in end of this case. Tough to convince a jury of St. Louis working folks that somebody at AB should have been making more millions than the millions they made.

Brother-in-law was on the losing in end of this case. Tough to convince a jury of St. Louis working folks that somebody at AB should have been making more millions than the millions they made.

Thanks for the link. Yeah, these cases might succeed more often if the plaintiffs weren't already extremely highly paid and "semi-rich", or "semi-Upper Middle Class"...

I have a hard time seeing how Mac and RG are seen as at fault in any way. If somebody departs CU as a result of this, it's Phil.

One more thing-let's cool our jets on both MM and RG leaving. Illinois (his alma mater) wanted RG as AD, and he said no. As far as Mac......he won 10 games and numerous coach of the year awards.....only to get no interest from LSU and Texas.

Back