What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons ineligible? (Currently a rumor)

Re: Simmons ineligible?

Not totally clear right now. Maybe he did not pass one his last summer classes? Has to be something like that.

You would think this would be a pretty easy process. Take these classes, get these grades..

F'n circus trying to get juco kids in.

Re: Simmons status still undetermined

I've read the premium post in question.

Ringo NEVER says ineligible in his brief comment. That was a reader interpretation. Says he may miss the CSU game. That's it. Ringo says something official from CU will come later.

The report was exaggerated, IMO.

Would prefer this thread was titled "Simmons Status?" because we are repeating a rumor that isn't even accurate at the source.

Look at Ringo's blog. If this was confirmed, it would have been posted. AS of 3:48 p.m it's not there, so hold out some hope until details are released.

Odd. So if he may miss the CSU game, the only explanation would be that he would have to retake or take another course.

Can't edit the title, so a mod will have to do that. At least there's a question mark? :huh:

Re: Simmons status still undetermined

I've read the premium post in question.

Ringo NEVER says ineligible in his brief comment. That was a reader interpretation. Says he may miss the CSU game. That's it. Ringo says something official from CU will come later.

The report was exaggerated, IMO.

Would prefer this thread was titled "Simmons Status?" because we are repeating a rumor that isn't even accurate at the source.

Look at Ringo's blog. If this was confirmed, it would have been posted. AS of 3:48 p.m it's not there, so hold out some hope until details are released.

That's been my question since reading the OP. If he's not getting admitted he's going to miss the season. If he's ineligible it would seem to be the same result. What the OP in this thread said was he might miss the fall camp and the CSU game. That sounds to me like he could be available as soon as Toledo. Which sounds like a different problem altogether... :huh:

And before BuffMania chimes in, without fall camp or the CSU game, it's going to be quite a bit longer before he would actually contribute...:sad1:

Yeah, I guess I'm not finding much solace that he may "only" miss the CSU game. That means the situation is more complicated than originally thought.

What's the hypothetical best interpretation?

Guessing: He has one incomplete class he has to complete on-line or something. Maybe he has one D+ and the professor is allowing him to do something to bring that up to a C.

Guessing:
Or, he has all his credits from the summer and passed everything, but he's lacking something in one core area and has to get a credit/class done to get fully enrolled.

It does not sound like "ineligible" -- that would be easier to state if there was some indication the party was over. It sounds like best scenario is it is merely delayed for another few weeks.

I'm staying hopeful until I see a release from CU that spells it out.

I thought I was going to see something like this. Very disappointed, but nothing is official yet. Based on this maybe like many of us have said he needs to take one more class to pass and will be ready by the Toledo game. The weird thing about this is why didn't they tell him earlier?

I thought I was going to see something like this. Very disappointed, but nothing is official yet. Based on this maybe like many of us have said he needs to take one more class to pass and will be ready by the Toledo game. The weird thing about this is why didn't they tell him earlier?

total speculation at this point, but until they saw the transcripts and poured over them, they might not have known something was missing.

It still sounds optimistic, but then I want him to be a buff in the worst way, so I'm willing to suspend any other thoughts as long as possible.

Something is wrong with me. I am leaving on vacation in 8 hours and I am in a bad mood now because Simmons might not get in.:smile2:

Something is wrong with me. I am leaving on vacation in 8 hours and I am in a bad mood now because Simmons might not get in.:smile2:

And I am now in a bad mood because Simmons might not get in AND I'm not going on vacation in 8 hours.

**** you :smile2:

Tell your significant other that your mood needs improving so that the vacation will be a success. :smile2:

total speculation at this point, but until they saw the transcripts and poured over them, they might not have known something was missing.

It still sounds optimistic, but then I want him to be a buff in the worst way, so I'm willing to suspend any other thoughts as long as possible.

IF that is what ends up being the case, someone (or people) really dropped the ball. How can you not know his transcript inside and out in a situation like this? Who knows what is going on, but your scenario would really suck because it could have been avoided.

I was not counting on him because of past issues with Jucos admissions. But I always feel bad for the kids, they want to be Buffs and it appears they have put in some hard work.

Ahem...... So, simmons is not getting in or he'll just miss the csu game? If he only misses the csu game that would be nice but, let's be honest with ourselves, CU, hawk, and everyone involved dropped the ball.

How many times to you have to bent over and **** ed before it starts to hurt? CU is a DIV1 school playing with Div 3 rules and the mickey mouse BS every year with juco's makes me want to puke.

How about grabbing a pair and getting it done, not sitting around on your a$$ waiting when you know what needs to be done.

Our WR position is in a shambles for 2009. 2010 will be better with clemons on board and hopefully celestine with ussery and darden a year older but for 2009,close your eyes.

I'm hoping simmons is only out for csu because if it's for the season , you will have mcknight,maxwell,espinosa and jefferson as our 2 deep at wr vs CSU and Toledo.

If you think we can just line -up and beat csu by running and do it without no deep threat downfield whatsover, I want what you're smoking.

What a coincidence, hawk is wr coach. You reap what you.....

Ahem...... So, simmons is not getting in or he'll just miss the csu game? If he only misses the csu game that would be nice but, let's be honest with ourselves, CU, hawk, and everyone involved dropped the ball.

How many times to you have to bent over and **** ed before it starts to hurt? CU is a DIV1 school playing with Div 3 rules and the mickey mouse BS every year with juco's makes me want to puke.

How about grabbing a pair and getting it done, not sitting around on your a$$ waiting when you know what needs to be done.

Our WR position is in a shambles for 2009. 2010 will be better with clemons on board and hopefully celestine with ussery and darden a year older but for 2009,close your eyes.

I'm hoping simmons is only out for csu because if it's for the season , you will have mcknight,maxwell,espinosa and jefferson as our 2 deep at wr vs CSU and Toledo.

If you think we can just line -up and beat csu by running and do it without no deep threat downfield whatsover, I want what you're smoking.

I dunno, you tell me.

I dunno, you tell me.

You're the one being bent over. I know my posts will bring you out, your sensitive a$$ can't stand the thought of being wrong or god forbid, anyone questioning hawk or recruiting or anything.

Back to peter pan land for you.

Calm down. You don't know what the facts are yet, do you?

You're the one being bent over. I know my posts will bring you out, your sensitive a$$ can't stand the thought of being wrong or god forbid, anyone questioning hawk or recruiting or anything.

Back to peter pan land for you.
lol you seriously are syko. You do know you just included yourself in those getting bitch slapped in the other thread right?

However, just to push you off the deep end (well, that is sort of like pushing someone who is already off the ledge), dood, Hawk has it all figured out man, Espinoza is starting, relax...

Not that it puts this in perspective, but one of my kids transferred from a rather expensive private institution to CU after his sophomore year. He had great grades, IYAM. (Okay, that sounds like a brag, but there's a point here.)

CU would not transfer one class, something in English because either it duplicated something required at CU or wasn't good enough for CU for some obscure reason.

We didnt' know until he transferred that that class wouldnt' count towards his degree. It looked to us like English Lit was English Lit, but it didn't to CU admissions.

In his case, no big deal, just that we'd paid for a class that he'd have to take again. But if you needed X credits to transfer from a JUCO, and had a class that CU didn't accept, it would be a big problem. They didn't like a class from a 4-year university with a good student, and presto! they weren't going to accept it. No argument.

who/why was the ball dropped with Simmons, I don't know. But this stuff doesn't just happen to athletes, it's just a function of transferring from one school to another. I can only imagine Hawkins and the others have been scrambling as hard as they can, making calls, trying to do anything to resolve this.

They want to win, they want Simmons here, they want success, too. Why would they not try as hard as they can to get him enrolled?

Not that it puts this in perspective, but one of my kids transferred from a rather expensive private institution to CU after his sophomore year. He had great grades, IYAM. (Okay, that sounds like a brag, but there's a point here.)

CU would not transfer one class, something in English because either it duplicated something required at CU or wasn't good enough for CU for some obscure reason.

We didnt' know until he transferred that that class wouldnt' count towards his degree. It looked to us like English Lit was English Lit, but it didn't to CU admissions.

In his case, no big deal, just that we'd paid for a class that he'd have to take again. But if you needed X credits to transfer from a JUCO, and had a class that CU didn't accept, it would be a big problem. They didn't like a class from a 4-year university with a good student, and presto! they weren't going to accept it. No argument.

who/why was the ball dropped with Simmons, I don't know. But this stuff doesn't just happen to athletes, it's just a function of transferring from one school to another. I can only imagine Hawkins and the others have been scrambling as hard as they can, making calls, trying to do anything to resolve this.

They want to win, they want Simmons here, they want success, too. Why would they not try as hard as they can to get him enrolled?
this is not the time for rational thought. This is the time for bitching and mob style revenge. good post tho :thumbsup:

lol you seriously are syko. You do know you just included yourself in those getting bitch slapped in the other thread right?

However, just to push you off the deep end (well, that is sort of like pushing someone who is already off the ledge), dood, Hawk has it all figured out man, Espinoza is starting, relax...

Keep it going, next year our fight can be number #1 :smile2:

If he loses at home to CSU, you're going to see many people toeing the ledge.

Good point, why wait til the last second though?

this is not the time for rational thought. This is the time for bitching and mob style revenge. good post tho :thumbsup:

:lol: But your mob-style bashing of people who questioned it from the beginning is a-okay. Hypocrisy knows no bounds with you I guess.

I will be one of them. Hell, I might be taking a full on face first dive off of it. Also, if Maxwell and Espy actually start and play a majority of the snaps, I will not survive the day to a brain implosion. I just take longer to erupt and require Actual Concrete Evidence before getting there.

So this is f-in great news to come home to. NO SImmons? Are you friggin kidding me? Hawk is working wonders.:sad2:

What was the score of last year's CU - CSU game?

Was Andre Simmons one of the starting wide receivers in that game? Did he catch a single pass in that game?
Was Simas one of the starting wide receivers in that game? Did he catch a single pass in that game?

The ONLY difference between CU's offense last year and this year is that Josh Smith -- who made ONE CATCH against CSU -- isn't playing for the Buffs this year.

I said it before, I'll say it again. CSU IS TERRIBLE. CU should be able to line up and run the ball EVERY ****ING DOWN and they should still win by 2 or 3 touchdowns against CSU.

:lol: But your mob-style bashing of people who questioned it from the beginning is a-okay. Hypocrisy knows no bounds with you I guess.

My Mob Style? I thought Mob's require multiple people. I just told you to chill. Which, btw, you should do.:smokin:

Don't make me threaten you with actual financial ruin!

Erf! Erf! Erf! TOO FUNNY!:lol: Wotta friggin' whiner!

D-3 rules? You don't even have the slightest idea what you're ranting about! What rules? That a kid must pass a certain number of hours before he's allowed in? Gosh! what unfair rules! Sorta like the ones that say you have to pass a certain number of hours to graduate---wotta unfair bunch!

Shambles? Based on what evidence? Two Fr WRs were among the top recruits in TX, you haven't seen 'em play and only read they weren't thrown to in a situational scrimmage and now its "shambles"???

And what does Hawk as WR coach have to do with anyhting? Can you be any more illogical? Oh, wait....that's why you call yourself SYKO......:wow:

Why don't you grow a pair, Drama Queen? Then you can wait and actually see what happens!

I will be one of them. Hell, I might be taking a full on face first dive off of it. Also, if Maxwell and Espy actually start and play a majority of the snaps, I will not survive the day to a brain implosion. I just take longer to erupt and require Actual Concrete Evidence before getting there.

It's cool man, just venting. It takes me a split second and I go by previous results but if it ends up I'm wrong, I'll be the first to start a thread saying so.

If it's just the csu game, it will be fine. This guy needs this and he's busted his butt badly to get here. Hopefully we here some good news in the next week.

Back