What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons ineligible? (Currently a rumor)

I read about the death threat, too. Things weren't happy in huskerville.

you have got to be ****ing kidding me i go to canada for the weekend and you ****ers get simmons inelgible im taking the first flight tomorrow morning back home and straighten this **** out

you have got to be ****ing kidding me i go to canada for the weekend and you ****ers get simmons inelgible im taking the first flight tomorrow morning back home and straighten this **** out

You can start by contacting Independence Community College...again...(we know it was you).

I was wondering where your screechy emotional response was in all of this. Welcome back to the board.

Here's the problem with all of this as far as I'm concerned. Practice starts two weeks ago, with Simmons watching from the sideline. The obvious question is "why is Simmons on the sideline?" The official answer is that the JuCo "closed early" that day, and that the official transcripts will be in on Monday, no probolemo. Nothing to worry about. Nothing to see here folks, move along. Monday comes and goes. Nothing new. Tuesday... Wednesday... Now we have some new and improved bull**** sandwich that we're supposed to eat about how it's only one game, and it's really not a big deal, he'll be on the field before we know it, blah, blah, blah. Holy crap, how many times are we going to take being lied to before we start demanding some accountability? Seriously, does anybody HONESTLY believe the new "story"? I don't. I'm now convinced that Simmons will never see the field as a CU Buff. I'm not believing one damn word that comes out of the AD on this deal. Not one. They KNEW what the issue was before, they were HOPING it would resolve itself, and lied to us to keep us placated. Well now we're not placated, we're pissed. And they're surprised that fans were calling up the JuCo and demanding action on their part. No wonder the JuCo was like "WTF are you talking about? We sent all that stuff in already?". :pissed:

/rant.

Sacky's lining himself up for next years Stoudts.

However, I'm with ya in more ways than one. What really doesn't make sense to me is that Simmons has been here for 2 weeks. If either he or the a.d. thought there was any chance he might not make it in, it seems that he'd be back in SC with his son/family.

Here's the problem with all of this as far as I'm concerned. Practice starts two weeks ago, with Simmons watching from the sideline. The obvious question is "why is Simmons on the sideline?" The official answer is that the JuCo "closed early" that day, and that the official transcripts will be in on Monday, no probolemo. Nothing to worry about. Nothing to see here folks, move along. Monday comes and goes. Nothing new. Tuesday... Wednesday... Now we have some new and improved bull**** sandwich that we're supposed to eat about how it's only one game, and it's really not a big deal, he'll be on the field before we know it, blah, blah, blah. Holy crap, how many times are we going to take being lied to before we start demanding some accountability? Seriously, does anybody HONESTLY believe the new "story"? I don't. I'm now convinced that Simmons will never see the field as a CU Buff. I'm not believing one damn word that comes out of the AD on this deal. Not one. They KNEW what the issue was before, they were HOPING it would resolve itself, and lied to us to keep us placated. Well now we're not placated, we're pissed. And they're surprised that fans were calling up the JuCo and demanding action on their part. No wonder the JuCo was like "WTF are you talking about? We sent all that stuff in already?". :pissed:

/rant.

I'm done ranting about it. If he ever shows up on the field I will be estatic.If he never wears a buff uniform I will chalk it up to same old, same old.

I'll leave you with this, barnett needed to go but, our off-seasons are just as bad if not worse concerning attrition and players leaving, not making it in etc. What makes it worse is that we have yet to have a winning season.

People wonder how fans can be so negative? Well, when you get told one thing and the end result never matches that, you tend not to belive in anything anyone says up there.

Luckily, football will begin very soon and we can finally get to see and discuss what we see on the field.

/rant.

I still hold out a little hope, but you echo a lot of my thoughts. The official release they sent on Friday basically said nothing and really did nothing to definitively explain the situation. I realize there are some legal issues here with academic records and all that, but there is a concerning disconnect here when Hawk is talking about Simmons during the Big 12 media days like it is a foregone conclusion he will be here and what is actually happening, as we now are just one week away from classes starting. The situation looks more muddled than ever.

Well if there's one good thing that can come out of all this, it's the fact that we can now blame anything we want to on Independence Community College closing early. I plan on using that one a lot.

:rolleyes:

Yea, this would really hurt to not have him in there. It's hilarious that people are calling the CC in Kansas. I thought SEC fans were crazy...

I am getting frustrated as well now, I kow I told guys like syko not to worry, I take it back. I am worried now. Damn this sucks!:sad2:

Just relax...all will be good in due time. He may miss some time but he will clear at some point. There are a ton of different things going on here at once and they need to get by about 3 hurdles before they can clear him.

Think of it this way...CU already admitted him. That is not a gimmie with FB recruits anymore. At this point it is all procedural.

:thumbsup:

Just relax is not the advice anyone who had followed this sort of thing happening in the past would give. I hope you're right, but at this point one has to be worried.

/rant.

YAWWWWN! :blah: Uh, ...you ...er...finished now? Sumpin' happened, get it?

Unforeseen, a change in what was promised by others and now its time to resolve the issue---as the CU academic lady said Simmons is entitled to his privacy on this and I won't speculate what it was that happened. All I know is : I'd like to know whats goin' on, but ain't gettin' bent outta shape over either the delay or lack of specifics.

Nobody OWES you nothin' by way of explanation! If you're frstrated, sellur tix and quit this board in protest, Maybe then we have a converstion about how the guys that made it, Ussery, Jefferson, etc are actually doing.........

Unforeseen, a change in what was promised by others and now its time to resolve the issue---as the CU academic lady said Simmons is entitled to his privacy on this and I won't speculate what it was that happened. All I know is : I'd like to know whats goin' on, but ain't gettin' bent outta shape over either the delay or lack of specifics.

Nobody OWES you nothin' by way of explanation! If you're frstrated, sellur tix and quit this board in protest, Maybe then we have a converstion about how the guys that made it, Ussery, Jefferson, etc are actually doing.........

you're a strange fellow indeed.

I am right! Take it easy.

Doesn't it need to be done by next Monday? Isn't that when classes start?

I'm pretty sure you're an AD plant or something. Calling out a great fan and poster like sacky is complete BS. Either start displaying some critical thinking skills or STFU.

Doesn't it need to be done by next Monday? Isn't that when classes start?

I'm pretty sure you're an AD plant or something. Calling out a great fan and poster like sacky is complete BS. Either start displaying some critical thinking skills or STFU.
pretty ****ty plant. All this does is make us hate the sunshine pumpers more. Hell, I am a sunshine pumper, and I hate my side right now :sad1:

Doesn't it need to be done by next Monday? Isn't that when classes starat?

Purely conjecture on my part but, since he has been admitted to CU by admissions, doesn't it seem reasonable that he can start classes on Monday? NCAA clearinghouse is related to being able to participate in athletics, isn't it? If he were not a football player, the NCAA would have nothing to say on the matter. Once OK'ed by admissions, he goes to class. Or is that too simple???

Just relax...all will be good in due time. He may miss some time but he will clear at some point. There are a ton of different things going on here at once and they need to get by about 3 hurdles before they can clear him.

Think of it this way...CU already admitted him. That is not a gimmie with FB recruits anymore. At this point it is all procedural.

:thumbsup:

I hope URINE the loop (get it....PissBomber?....Urine?....damn, I crack myself up!)!

Purely conjecture on my part but, since he has been admitted to CU by admissions, doesn't it seem reasonable that he can start classes on Monday? NCAA clearinghouse is related to being able to participate in athletics, isn't it? If he were not a football player, the NCAA would have nothing to say on the matter. Once OK'ed by admissions, he goes to class. Or is that too simple???

I think this is correct, however, with JuCo's it's a bit more sticky. I am confident it will be resolved by Monday, so that's not the concern. I am concerned about him getting approved by the NCAA. Delays almost NEVER turn out well.

My guess is that it's something as simple as the NCAA being skeptical about online coursework and wanting some things verified.

My guess is that it's something as simple as the NCAA being skeptical about online coursework and wanting some things verified.

And knowing the ncaa that could take a LONG time. (even though if they just got off their lazy asses and did some work it could probably be done and verified (or not) in a day or two).

I'm just thinking you could almost build a BCS Champ team with all the guys who have signed LOI to play at CU but never got on the field. Is bumming me out. :sad1:

WTF?
What does this have to do with Simmons privacy? Nobody from the AD has ever said this was a privacy issue. All we heard from them was that the Juco had closed a day early and that was why we hadn't gotten his official transcripts yet. And now we're sitting here a week and a half later and guess what? The transcripts were never the issue in the first place. It was all a smoke screen. So why the smoke screen? Something still stinks about this entire situation. I don't know who's fault it is, but it's clear that we, as fans, were lied to from the outset.

Chippy was offering up a $10 bet to anybody that he'd be playing in the CSU game. I still won't bet against a CU player (or in this case, a kid who really wants to be a CU player), but would you take that bet now?

WTF?
What does this have to do with Simmons privacy? Nobody from the AD has ever said this was a privacy issue. ...

Au contraire. From BG Brooks 8/14 article :

[FONT=Cambria, serif]"But director of academics Kris Livingston said CU not having the transcript from his junior college is not the issue keeping Simmons sidelined. She could not discuss the matter further, citing Simmons' FERPA rights." [/FONT]

FERPA = Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

Back