What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons ineligible? (Currently a rumor)

It's cool man, just venting. It takes me a split second and I go by previous results but if it ends up I'm wrong, I'll be the first to start a thread saying so.

If it's just the csu game, it will be fine. This guy needs this and he's busted his butt badly to get here. Hopefully we here some good news in the next week.
goddamit syko, get back to that ledge. Thanks for the insults :asshole: :lol:

Erf! Erf! Erf! TOO FUNNY!:lol: Wotta friggin' whiner!

D-3 rules? You don't even have the slightest idea what you're ranting about! What rules? That a kid must pass a certain number of hours before he's allowed in? Gosh! what unfair rules! Sorta like the ones that say you have to pass a certain number of hours to graduate---wotta unfair bunch!

Shambles? Based on what evidence? Two Fr WRs were among the top recruits in TX, you haven't seen 'em play and only read they weren't thrown to in a situational scrimmage and now its "shambles"???

And what does Hawk as WR coach have to do with anyhting? Can you be any more illogical? Oh, wait....that's why you call yourself SYKO......:wow:

Why don't you grow a pair, Drama Queen? Then you can wait and actually see what happens!

STFU IDOT. You rant and rave here as much as anyone else drama queen. Get off your high horse **** stain.

What was the score of last year's CU - CSU game?

Was Andre Simmons one of the starting wide receivers in that game? Did he catch a single pass in that game?
Was Simas one of the starting wide receivers in that game? Did he catch a single pass in that game?

The ONLY difference between CU's offense last year and this year is that Josh Smith -- who made ONE CATCH against CSU -- isn't playing for the Buffs this year.

I said it before, I'll say it again. CSU IS TERRIBLE. CU should be able to line up and run the ball EVERY ****ING DOWN and they should still win by 2 or 3 touchdowns against CSU.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I hope you are right as hell but If we can't move the ball via the air and have any threat of the deep pass, imho we are in trouble.

Maybe ussery and jefferson or even darden can step up in the next 2 weeks and give us that deep threat.

Trust me, I hope you're right, not me.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I hope you are right as hell but If we can't move the ball via the air and have any threat of the deep pass, imho we are in trouble.

Maybe ussery and jefferson or even darden can step up in the next 2 weeks and give us that deep threat.

If it makes you feel better, they barely played in the first scrim, but it was only the 1st week. Plus, Jefferson was getting open deep, but since they were working on 3d downs, cody would check down before waiting. He has some serious potential. It is quite a while till gameday. Espi and Maxwell and Dusty the 2d WILL NOT START. (I am taking this on faith cause it is all I got atm)

If the coaches are being honest about running a 2-back offense, then there's not going to be more than 2 wide receivers on the field on any given play. (Obviously there will be times when CU will go to 3-wide receivers.)

You already know that Scotty McKnight is going to play a lot - so the possibility of the walk-ons seeing significant time is slim, imo. Add in Devenny, Riar Greer, and the huge stable of RB's -- and there's plenty of receptions there.

Again - look at last year's CU/CSU game.

Longest pass play of the game was a 35 yard TD pass to --- Scotty McKnight. (I should also note that Celestine caught a 35 yarder last year)

If the coaches are being honest about running a 2-back offense, then there's not going to be more than 2 wide receivers on the field on any given play. (Obviously there will be times when CU will go to 3-wide receivers.)

You already know that Scotty McKnight is going to play a lot - so the possibility of the walk-ons seeing significant time is slim, imo. Add in Devenny, Riar Greer, and the huge stable of RB's -- and there's plenty of receptions there.

Longest pass play of the game was a 35 yard TD pass to --- Scotty McKnight. (I should also note that Celestine caught a 35 yarder last year)

Good points, I just wonder what we do at the position once the big 12 starts and we play good teams.

Good points, I just wonder what we do at the position once the big 12 starts and we play good teams.

I don't think it will make much difference.

Simas will be back playing by the time the Big 12 season starts.

We could have Josh Smith, Celestine, Simas, AND Simmons -- I think our record is pretty much the same.

Something is wrong with me. I am leaving on vacation in 8 hours and I am in a bad mood now because Simmons might not get in.:smile2:

This might cheer you up.

[video=youtube;YHTyH2nuFAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw[/video]

Have not seen any two-back looks in the practice I attended and in the scrimmage. I think they mentioned a pro-style offense, not sure they ever mentioned a two-back system.

Have not seen any two-back looks in the practice I attended and in the scrimmage. I think they mentioned a pro-style offense, not sure they ever mentioned a two-back system.

Hmm.. I could swear I read an article just this week in which Kiesau said we were going to be a two-back offense...

I'll have to see what I can find..

Here it is...http://www.buffzone.com/news/2009/aug/07/kiesaus-plan-is-to-not-stray-from-vision-kiesaus/?partner=RSS not a direct quote from the coach, I see now..

Kiesau said the base formation was going to be two backs. I'd imagine that that stuff is what they are going to start doing more of now that practices are closed!:lol:

As for Simmons, people need to calm down. There is an issue that will probably get cleared up. If Ringo is talking about him missing the CSU game, then its just that he has to be in practice for a certain amount of time before the coaches will put him on the field, and hence the issue is something manageable. If there were a serious problem, then he'd be talking about him not getting into school.

Or just maybe Ringo is full of sh*t and he's trying to drive traffic to Scout or his "blog." Just a thought.

Either way, why get pissed until we have the actual facts?

2 back doesn't necessarily mean fullback. It could also mean split back with an option to motion B-Lock, Speedy or Moyd out to the slot.

2 back doesn't necessarily mean fullback. It could also mean split back with an option to motion B-Lock, Speedy or Moyd out to the slot.

Man, that could be sweet. And w/ their speed some potential for nice yards.

Last edited:

Good point. I really think B-Lock is the x-factor in the offense this year.

Re: Simmons ineligible?

I'll agree to disagree. It seems like pure coincidence to me. By all accounts Kiesau was really well liked by the players... As I've said time and time again IMO you can't blame the coaches for Celestine knocking up his girlfriend, J-Fly and his "Rap", Blackmon and his homesickness, and Simmons not qualifying. There probably is more to the story but I don't think you can blame the coaches for all of the above. But, I really think they screwed the pooch by only taking one scholly WR in 08 in Blackmon

Ok, so the coaches aren't responsible for getting good players on the field, they aren't responsible for players underperforming, they aren't responsible for the team losing, they aren't responsible for their 13-24 record, they aren't responsible for their inability to recruit other than one year, they aren't responsible for the 5+ transfers that seem to occur every year...

Why then are they getting paid? What is it, exactly, that they do?

Re: Simmons ineligible?

Ok, so the coaches aren't responsible for getting good players on the field, they aren't responsible for players underperforming, they aren't responsible for the team losing, they aren't responsible for their 13-24 record, they aren't responsible for their inability to recruit other than one year, they aren't responsible for the 5+ transfers that seem to occur every year...

Why then are they getting paid? What is it, exactly, that they do?

WTF are you talking about? I was talking about the WR corps.... nothing else. GTFO

Great. After reading that, I'm convinced he'll never play a down for the Buffs.

As soon as he coughs up $3.25 for the three overdue library book fines, Independence will release the CC transcripts and CU will admit him.

The books are:

• From Here to Eternity

• Next Man Up

• Meat Market

:smile2: smiley added for those who are unsure if serious

[FONT=Cambria, serif]Livingston said Independence's administrative offices had received numerous messages from anxious Buffs fans, wanting the process to be speeded up and resolved.[/FONT]
[FONT=Cambria, serif]"We appreciate our fans caring about Andre and wanting to help, but contacting the junior college directly is certainly not helping anyone," Livingston said.[/FONT]

I love it!! Reminds me of Husker fans....sans the death threats!:smile2:

Back