What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sir Larry Scott.. (P12 considering buying out Larry Scott)

Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv
ray liotta laughing GIF
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

You laugh now, but the 12Pac will leapfrog the SunBelt's media deal.

JFC, why is this clown still in charge? What's with this Sun Belt bull****? I don't whether to laugh or cry?

Larry talking about “untapped value and growth”...you what would have added value, not completely mismanaging the football product at every turn.

Why is the Pac 12 championship starting at 4pm Pacific Time on a weekday?

I talked to former USC Associate AD about this very question and he said they like the lack of competition on Friday night. Sounded dumb to me, but they didn't want to compete with other CCGs on Saturdays.

I talked to former USC Associate AD about this very question and he said they like the lack of competition on Friday night. Sounded dumb to me, but they didn't want to compete with other CCGs on Saturdays.
Yeah it looks great on tv when (in normal years) the stadium is more than half empty at the star of the game due to rush hour traffic.

Ridiculous. I don't think any CCGs take place at the same time.

I get wanting to have your own time slot but as someone mentioned on here a few years ago, having it on a Friday night just feels small time, like the WAC Championship or something.

On Championship Saturday you have 3 timeslots and 5 P5 games, so you're going to be competing with at least 1 other conference whenever you play the game. But even with that I still think the Pac12 would get more exposure and attention playing their game on Saturday.

I get wanting to have your own time slot but as someone mentioned on here a few years ago, having it on a Friday night just feels small time, like the WAC Championship or something.

On Championship Saturday you have 3 timeslots and 5 P5 games, so you're going to be competing with at least 1 other conference whenever you play the game. But even with that I still think the Pac12 would get more exposure and attention playing their game on Saturday.
I feel like the pac should probably just play super late on Saturday in Vegas and the atmosphere will be on fire lol

This year's a little different with the SEC playing in Primetime, but the past few years it's been the Big 12 at noon, SEC at 4 and then the ACC and B1G games at 7:30/8. So the ACC and B1G have gone up against each other recently.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see the pac go straight up against the big 12 in the future

Larry Scott is saying pretty much the same things that led us to being in this situation with how much $ the conference gets compared to the other P5 conferences. It's all about him and no one else. The conference's presidents are too pathetic to do something about it.

It is not how much money the conference is getting that concerns me. It is how you can watch the games is what concerns me. If the new media rights deal means the end of the P12N and third tier games on ESPN+ for instance, I would consider that an upgrade over what we have right now.

The conference's presidents are too pathetic to do something about it.

Meh. Does anyone really think Larry Scott will be commissioner in a year? I don't. Maybe @manhattanbuf could set some odds and we can wager on it.

In any case, the horse you're beating's been dead longer than Husker football.

Meh. Does anyone really think Larry Scott will be commissioner in a year? I don't. Maybe @manhattanbuf could set some odds and we can wager on it.

In any case, the horse you're beating's been dead longer than ****er football.

I actually do. This only adds to an ever-growing list of reasons why LS should go, and he's still employed. If anything happens here, I'll believe it when I see it.

The Big12 game is usually at noon EST and I don't think the Pac12 would play their championship game at 9am on the west coast
I think they will be fine. Apparently not as big of a deal as we all thought. I actually wish the ACC would move to noon, why the need to play so late? Then the pac and big could play the late game

Remember that 10 o the 12 presidents are new in the Pac 12 within the last few years.

I think the AD's are going to have a bigger impact than they normally would because of this and that's a good thing.

Back