What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sparaco gone

Buffs1990

[redacted]
Mod edit: Please don't go over the top with insulting a player, even one who is leaving. Thank you.

Callier, Falo, Wells, Taylor.

Suspect he wants more PT.

I thought he had upside especially in rush situations with 2 DTs and two DEs.

Not blaming the kid...I thought it was getting crowded at the OLB position.

6b9687aba86eaf46c21548ef98d3925c.jpg

Not one I expected.

Was under the impression he would be competing for playing time in fall camp.

Last edited:
With his frame, it might have made a lot of sense to have bulked him up and move him to the inside. Sparaco was a baller, not happy to see him go.

HTML:
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/DWRNk38CcubKw" width="480" height="267" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/DWRNk38CcubKw">via GIPHY</a></p>

Not surprised. Pomona to Creek to IRG. Maybe not as good as he thinks he is.
I suspect it doesn't have anything to do with how good he thinks he is. His "handlers" (cynic in me says that Highlander has it correct) is telling him he isn't being handled correctly/treated fairly/developed properly. Gotta move on if his "handlers" want to get him the the NFL. My gut tells me if it was up to him 100% he would likely stay and fight for his playing time. MM might be stubborn, but no way anyone will convince me he is going to torpedo a true sophomore who showed last year he can play. Maybe just let your kid enjoy being a Buff? History seems to indicate that is what the kid wanted his entire life.

Likely will be a good player for another team, but the pull the plug mentality when it isn't going your way is not a characteristic that lends itself to making it in the NFL. Guess we are good on scholarships now . . . So thanks for that, I guess?

I suspect it doesn't have anything to do with how good he thinks he is. His "handlers" (cynic in me says that Highlander has it correct) is telling him he isn't being handled correctly/treated fairly/developed properly. Gotta move on if his "handlers" want to get him the the NFL. My gut tells me if it was up to him 100% he would likely stay and fight for his playing time. MM might be stubborn, but no way anyone will convince me he is going to torpedo a true sophomore who showed last year he can play. Maybe just let your kid enjoy being a Buff? History seems to indicate that is what the kid wanted his entire life.

Likely will be a good player for another team, but the pull the plug mentality when it isn't going your way is not a characteristic that lends itself to making it in the NFL. Guess we are good on scholarships now . . . So thanks for that, I guess?
I believe you are correct. My wording my have been a bit poor. He makes his decision after spring break and talking to his family. Someone is pushing the buttons and I don't think its him. I'm curious how this went down. He was all IN on CU and to leave like that is interesting. The new JC player was also going to be at his position as well I think. Wondering if there was talk of a position change and he didn't like that?

Given Sparaco's history of changing teams, you have to really wonder about his commitment to CU. This might be the best for both parties.

Back