What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sparaco gone

That lady on FB is hilarious. If I was Dante I'd be horrified at her behavior. From the best intentions...

It means that he was pretty good and unable to secure a starting spot at CU. Speaks well of his teammates at CU.

What’s weird about that?

It means that he was pretty good and unable to secure a starting spot at CU. Speaks well of his teammates at CU.

What’s weird about that?
Point taken, but based on everything out there, I don't think he's transferring because the guys in front of him are so elite that he had no hopes of beating them out, though.

Last edited:
I wished he would have stayed. But, of all positions, this is one where CU has good depth currently with some more help on the way.

CU experimented with a four man rush package this spring with two DTs and two DEs. I thought he and Callier would be good in this package.

Bobcats have a rugged schedule. Not only Big Sky but also Western Illinois & @South Dakota State from the tough MVFC. One team is missing and that is UC-Davis. ;)

It's one thing to wish a kid good luck in his future playing career, but hoping that a player who quit on the Buffs becomes an All-American somewhere else is a little weird.

It could also mean that he has gone FCS (which it looks like he is doing) instead of going to another BCS level program that might be playing against CU. To be an all-American he would have to be on the field which he couldn't do for a year at the BCS level.

It could also mean that he has gone FCS (which it looks like he is doing) instead of going to another BCS level program that might be playing against CU. To be an all-American he would have to be on the field which he couldn't do for a year at the BCS level.

I think it was just so he didn't have to sit out for a year. FCS is a good decision if you're going to transfer out. I feel sorry for the guy because his life is obviously run by a Helicopter Cabal of Handlers. Probably one more headache (the Handlers) that MM doesn't need.

Bobcats have a rugged schedule. Not only Big Sky but also Western Illinois & @South Dakota State from the tough MVFC. One team is missing and that is UC-Davis. ;)
2nd year in a row that Hawk hasn't had Montana State on his schedule.

I think it was just so he didn't have to sit out for a year. FCS is a good decision if you're going to transfer out. I feel sorry for the guy because his life is obviously run by a Helicopter Cabal of Handlers. Probably one more headache (the Handlers) that MM doesn't need.

I would agree that FCS was likely because of not having to sit out but it also wouldn't surprise me if his BCS level options were limited due to coaches not wanting to deal with those handlers (mostly dad.)

Sparaco was a solid prospect coming out of HS and had multiple options but he wasn't a high 4* or 5*. He showed some at CU but didn't go out there and dominate. For a potential transfer destination that coach is going to look at the talent against the potential negatives. I could certainly see a number of BCS coaches including some who wanted him out of HS saying no thanks right now.

Back