What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spencer Dinwiddie - NBA PG (BKN Nets)

Spencer is doing some good things with his life in Brooklyn. He is trying to make a difference.

Did anyone watch the Nets/Thunder game? Besides those two plays of Dinwiddie taking it over Roberson (Din's only points), did Roberson play a pretty decent defensive game?

How would it feel to be a Detroit Pistons fan watching what the Mayor is doing and knowing that your front office had him and basically gave him away.

Reggie Jackson is an above average PG but Spencer looks like a guy who is going to far exceed him. Their backup is an undrafted guy in Ish Smith.

How would it feel to be a Detroit Pistons fan watching what the Mayor is doing and knowing that your front office had him and basically gave him away.

Reggie Jackson is an above average PG but Spencer looks like a guy who is going to far exceed him. Their backup is an undrafted guy in Ish Smith.
So you’re saying their backup is only point guardish?

...Pistons fan here. Despite the teams success thus far, the roster is still poorly constructed and trash IMO.

Spencer in Texas as the Nets take on the Spurs.
Wonder if we have another Buff matchup.

Spencer is proving that patience and dedication will pay off.

Spencer is having a great year. He could be playing his way into starting PG somewhere and could be in line for a huge contract in 2019 if he keeps it up.

Some cool stats to support it:

Assist to Turnover Ratio - 2nd in NBA (1st PG)
Turnover Ratio - 20th in NBA (3rd PG)
Assists/48 min - 6th in NBA (6th PG)
Real Plus Minus - 19th in NBA (7th PG)
PER - 66th in NBA (14th PG)
Win Shares - 57th in NBA (11th PG)

View attachment 24316

View attachment 24315

View attachment 24314

I was curious so I thought I'd update the numbers. Interestingly they have stayed the same or gotten better in most cases. I expected a drop given a bigger sample size and more film on him for defenses. I've also added VORP (Value Over Replacement Player) - think WAR for baseball. I added age to the tables below because I thought it was interesting considering he is still coming into his NBA prime.

Assist to Turnover Ratio - 2nd in NBA (2nd PG)
Turnover Ratio - 24th in NBA (4th PG)
Assists/48 min - 5th in NBA (4th PG)
Real Plus Minus - 15th in NBA (6th PG)
PER - 74th in NBA (15th PG)
Win Shares - 44th in NBA (9th PG)
VORP - 49th in NBA (10th NBA

RPM, PER, Win Shares, and VORP are stats that try to measure the all around game and impact of a player. The 4 point guards surrounding Dinwiddie in each category and their 2017 salaries:

upload_2017-12-26_17-8-37.png

upload_2017-12-26_17-9-33.png

upload_2017-12-26_17-10-5.png

upload_2017-12-26_17-10-29.png

Spencer in Texas as the Nets take on the Spurs.
Wonder if we have another Buff matchup.

Spencer is proving that patience and dedication will pay off.

D White just got recalled today back to the NBA from the G league. He won't be a factor but it will be cool. White is having a similar start that Dinwiddie had, shuttling back and forth between NBA and G league.

Back