What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Football News

Poor teddy bear
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'm getting ready to retract my likes from any posts in the practice thread condemning Jeffcoat for not leading his position group with enough fire. Robbins was outgunned and still managed to cleanly wrap up and take down his man for negative yards while commanding a double team. Maybe use one of our multi-year contracts on JJ?

He should be given the boot for what he did. Pouring water in his face to wake him up may not have been a solid plan, though.

He should be off the team and get jail time.

Or if he was at FSU he would get 3 extra sets of stairs and have to sit out one series of offensive downs before being made a team captain.

And at Nebraska they would arrest the women present for interfearing with the police (showing bruises, describing events) who were trying to take him down to the coaches office so they could come up with the "official" version of what really happened.

Well, at least he paid attention in tackling drills. Geez, what a ****ing moron. I doubt the **** was that important to lose your mind over. Did I see an attempted arson in there? Wonder what he was trying to burn.

Let this serve as a lesson to all those out there who don't use fingerprint ID on their cell phones.

He should be off the team and get jail time.

Or if he was at FSU or any SEC school, he would get 3 extra sets of stairs and have to sit out one series of offensive downs in the spring game before being made a team captain.

And at Nebraska they would arrest the women present for interfearing with the police (showing bruises, describing events) who were trying to take him down to the coaches office so they could come up with the "official" version of what really happened and hide evidence.
FIFY!

That's the kind of thing that will shoot us straight to the top of the Fulmer Cup.

This is more serious than some walk-on grabbing free food from the training table.

Damn.

teddy_bear_on_fire_by_frostyvamp-d3aruhk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if the girl will also get charged with digging through his phone. I would imagine that is not exactly legal. Solid plan she had there, invite him over, get him to sleep so she could find the evidence on his phone.

Hate that Robbins decided to cripple his future, glad the police officers apparently responded with restraint and we didn't see another one of those stories from this. Apparently Robbins is a violent dude that doesn't need to be out in decent society. Glad the girl is reported to be okay, that could have gotten even uglier than it was.

Wonder if the girl will also get charged with digging through his phone. I would imagine that is not exactly legal. Solid plan she had there, invite him over, get him to sleep so she could find the evidence on his phone.

Hate that Robbins decided to cripple his future, glad the police officers apparently responded with restraint and we didn't see another one of those stories from this. Apparently Robbins is a violent dude that doesn't need to be out in decent society. Glad the girl is reported to be okay, that could have gotten even uglier than it was.
I feel bad for the guy. Obviously his behavior is unacceptable and by no means should he be let off easy, but one choice ruined his life. I've hangout with him multiple times and actually I was supposed to be living in a house with him next year. Typically a low key guy that actually was a DD many times we went out. But you pay the consequences. I guess I'm saddened by the response saying good riddance, frees up a scholly, etc. he's going to be in jail for along time and doesn't hardly remember any of it happening. Not excusing him for it, but damn his life is over.

On a lighter note,

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_29637747/cu-football-dino-gordon-moving-up-running-back

Excited about Dino, think he is an X-factor in the RB rotation.

All purpose backs: Adkins, Gordon, Bisharat
Speed/Scat backs: Carr, Lee, and Lindsay

If the O-line can give them some kind of hole, we could have a very exciting ground game.
I want Howell to do an in-depth article on the OL and their new coach, Adams. Sounds as if Lynotte will be given every chance to unseat Kelly at OC.

Everyone read this.

http://www.cuatthegame.com/2016/q-a-with-lance-carl-part-three/

The weak link in the offense last year appeared to be the offensive line. Is there reason for optimism heading into the 2016 season?

I’m excited for the offensive line. (Red-shirt freshman) Tim Lynott is ready to play. So all those guys who played last year had better recognize that Tim Lynott is here to take their position.

I think what we are doing differently, and (new strength and conditioning coach) Drew (Wilson) talked about this, is Olympic lifting. It’s been a staple for years. It’s been a staple for years because it works. Power snatching, jerking, all those things, they help your linemen not only be more explosive, but be more powerful. Our players now are lifting dynamically. I’d single out Aaron Haigler, who I think will be a future star here. I guy like Isaac Miller, who is now starting to look like a Pac-12 offensive lineman. Isaac Miller is 6’7″, and he’s about 280 right now. Every time I walk by Isaac Miller, I say three things to him: ‘2-9-0′ – that’s what I say. ‘Get to 290, and you can play here’. And he will continue to mature and grow. He’s getting a little bubble on his butt that lineman have to have. Nothing worse than a flat-butted lineman.

I see guys like Isaac Miller, Aaron Haigler, they have natural pass blocking abilities. Now it’s just a matter of getting them stronger, so they can be more effective run blockers. Aaron Haigler has got some nasty to him. He gave our defensive line some fits last year as a redshirt.
@Buffnik, quoted this one just for you. I think you know why.

Everyone read this.

http://www.cuatthegame.com/2016/q-a-with-lance-carl-part-three/

@Buffnik, quoted this one just for you. I think you know why.
Good read, liked that. As far as Robbins, what do you really say? He'll do time for sure but maybe he'll get some diversionary program or something since he doesn't have a wrap sheet prior to this. He won't play ball here ever, think that's pretty clear. Hell, maybe nowhere. FightCU 14, what the hell was he on? Just drunk?

I feel bad for the guy. Obviously his behavior is unacceptable and by no means should he be let off easy, but one choice ruined his life. I've hangout with him multiple times and actually I was supposed to be living in a house with him next year. Typically a low key guy that actually was a DD many times we went out. But you pay the consequences. I guess I'm saddened by the response saying good riddance, frees up a scholly, etc. he's going to be in jail for along time and doesn't hardly remember any of it happening. Not excusing him for it, but damn his life is over.
Agreed. I think the article said 30 years minimum. 30 years seems really excessive if no one was really hurt.

Good read, liked that. As far as Robbins, what do you really say? He'll do time for sure but maybe he'll get some diversionary program or something since he doesn't have a wrap sheet prior to this. He won't play ball here ever, think that's pretty clear. Hell, maybe nowhere. FightCU 14, what the hell was he on? Just drunk?
My understanding was a combo of painkillers and drinking from his shoulder injury... That's just what I have heard, so take it for what it's worth.

Back