What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Football News

seems like there is a reason things went down with Forman the way they did after the season, we have never seen that side of mac.
What I heard, I think on Adam's podcast, was that Forman wasn't liked by a lot of the guys and the OL guys didn't like his workouts...which is why they were considering getting Matt Mc up to Boulder. I'm guessing he also didn't hit some of Mac's performance metrics, but that's just a guess on my part.

I dont know why he won't say it, but what the poster is getting at is that Stanford got where they are using a 80's and 90's level Nebraska style, program wide doping system under Harbaugh.

I have no question they did and still do.

I dont know why he won't say it, but what the poster is getting at is that Stanford got where they are using a 80's and 90's level Nebraska style, program wide doping system under Harbaugh.

I have no question they did and still do.
Have a slight quibble with this: It was a 2000-era Alabama/SEC style of HGH doping that Stanford uses, not old-fashioned 'roids!
Those HGH supplements are EXPENSIVE ; only the wealthy can afford them. Plus they test for 'roids, but not for HGHs.

Have a slight quibble with this: It was a 2000-era Alabama/SEC style of HGH doping that Stanford uses, not old-fashioned 'roids!
Those HGH supplements are EXPENSIVE ; only the wealthy can afford them. Plus they test for 'roids, but not for HGHs.
Ask anyone who played D1 football. Drug testing is an absolute joke for the NCAA.

if you guys think players at CU aren't roiding you're living in fantasy land. That **** is prevalent even at the high school level

Maybe I'm wrong but I think there is a ceiling, somewhere, that you approach in strength and size gain and that most good programs/athletes are pretty close to the maximum level of work, lifting, nutrition, etc. Therefore, for CU, it's a case of keeping up with the Jonses rather than falling back. So, with S&C being, pretty much, equal it boils down to talent and coaching. Amirite?

Adam with another good article, this time on Sam Bennion.

Says he will be an OLB for us. Was that expected? Seems like a pretty good fit, especially with some weight loss. Really feels like we are starting to get depth everywhere (pls Jordan Kunaszyk).

Says he will be an OLB for us. Was that expected? Seems like a pretty good fit, especially with some weight loss. Really feels like we are starting to get depth everywhere (pls Jordan Kunaszyk).

At the time of his commitment he was a 4-3 DE with questions about whether he would be moving inside or even tried at offensive tackle. I think his footwork was a concern for being considered to move to the offensive side early in his college career. The weight he lost on the mission is likely what's putting him at backer to start camp. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get back to his high school weight of 245 and move back to the line if he can gain any more than that. Tall guy.

Not sure I see the fit there.

Shaver, Bennion, and Hasselbach seemingly were all recruited to play DE in a 4-3 and are now at LB in a 3-4. Concern is justified about that transition until we see some results.

Shaver, Bennion, and Hasselbach seemingly were all recruited to play DE in a 4-3 and are now at LB in a 3-4. Concern is justified about that transition until we see some results.
I love it when guys gain size and move forward. Line backer to end, corner to line backer. Even end to Tackle. This has been part of Utahs success on defense. When they flow the other way, it makes me nervous. If they were fast enough to be a line backer, wouldn't they already be there?

I actually think Bennion will fit in quite nicely at DE, he just needs to get his weight back up and can't practice there at the moment.

I love it when guys gain size and move forward. Line backer to end, corner to line backer. Even end to Tackle. This has been part of Utahs success on defense. When they flow the other way, it makes me nervous. If they were fast enough to be a line backer, wouldn't they already be there?

That depends. A lot of guys play "backward" in college because of their size. Bennion may have been the biggest dude on his High School team and that's why he played DL. It's possible that HCMM saw him as being able to play both a 4-3 DE and a 3-4 OLB.

In any case, he's too small right now to play DE in the 3 man front. We are woefully short on LBs, and thus they are trying him there. Much like they tried Clay Norgard at LB once upon a time. In this case, he either has the athleticism and instincts for LB or he doesn't. We'll know by fall when reinforcements arrive I suppose (i.e. is he really a LB or was that temporary, while he gets bigger).

Let's hope he's not a guy left behind by our new system as several guys have been (De'Jon Wilson).

That depends. A lot of guys play "backward" in college because of their size. Bennion may have been the biggest dude on his High School team and that's why he played DL. It's possible that HCMM saw him as being able to play both a 4-3 DE and a 3-4 OLB.
MMac does a lot of that...moving guys around. I don't see a problem as long as it's planned...IMO it's only a problem when they are moved because of lack of depth or haven't grown as expected.

In any case, he's too small right now to play DE in the 3 man front. We are woefully short on LBs, and thus they are trying him there. Much like they tried Clay Norgard at LB once upon a time. In this case, he either has the athleticism and instincts for LB or he doesn't. We'll know by fall when reinforcements arrive I suppose (i.e. is he really a LB or was that temporary, while he gets bigger).

Let's hope he's not a guy left behind by our new system as several guys have been (De'Jon Wilson).
When did "one" become "several"?

Not sure I see the fit there.
Out of curiosity, why not?

At a minimum, haven't you (and other folks) bemoaned the height of our edge defenders? This guy sounds to be a legit 6'4", although (as many others have stated) lack of speed might be a concern.

Back