What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring game

I am going to skip, unless they will be doing some power cleans we can all watch.

I am going to skip, unless they will be doing some power cleans we can all watch.

Ooohh!! Can't we have a 16th debate here on Allbuffs in 7 different threads about if it's effective or not?

I would love that so much! The place I especially love it is the spring football thread.

I guess the issue is why should anyone outside of the diehards give a **** about CU football right now? There is nothing around the program to even draw casual interest. At some point, switch it up a little bit and stop being so ****ing boring. And no, "just win" is not a valid solution.
I'm personally excited about Davis Webb. What else is there to be excited about this time of year?

Kind of an odd thing for a coach to say, "not going to do much in the spring game..." Being honest I guess.

I don't think his comments were made to down play the game, but to say they weren't going to get too exotic. They are going to run their base stuff and get after it. Have fun as he said.

By all accounts, the offense is going to be significantly changed this year with a lot of Texas Tech influences. There is no way that HCMM is going to show that stuff to CSU. Heck, since the Pac-12 network started putting the spring games on TV, opposing teams don't even need to send someone down to Boulder to scout the spring game. I think that the chances of seeing anything interesting are exactly:

Yeah, how dare they charge people for that...
...oh wait
This is a football program that has sucked eggs for over ten years. There are damn few opportunities to connect with the few fans they have left. Running a bunch of drills in the stadium in front of a couple thousand people isn't going to help matters. The Spring game is an opportunity to give the fans something to look forward to. What they're doing could be done an hour before the "game" inside the IPF and be open to the public and would have the exact same benefit to the team while actually providing something worthwhile for the fans to watch. I'll stick with my initial assessment: what they're doing is a garbage move.

I'd hope for a more game like situation but I'm not close enough to see what the situation is behind closed doors. When it comes down to it, I really don't give a **** about the spring game. What I do care about is what happens this fall, first practice till last game. I'd hope the players will PROVE they wanna take that next step by how they prepare before they even get to practice #1. I do like some of the vibe with recruiting, looks like we are swinging for the fences. I think we'll land a few too.

By all accounts, the offense is going to be significantly changed this year with a lot of Texas Tech influences. There is no way that HCMM is going to show that stuff to CSU. Heck, since the Pac-12 network started putting the spring games on TV, opposing teams don't even need to send someone down to Boulder to scout the spring game. I think that the chances of seeing anything interesting are exactly:

LOL. So true...but a few hours in the sun at Folsom and watching Ralphie run will be worth the trip from Saudi Aurora.

Can't wait for that cellphone-quality fake crowd noise they start up to simulate game situations.

Chamber of Commerce day in Colorado. Hopefully today and the Mac 30/30 segment will bode well for the 20 visits today...

Oh...it's next week. Never mind...

Last edited:
2016 Spring Game
April 9, 2016
12 p.m. Warmup & Drills
1 p.m. Ralphie Runs
1 p.m. Scrimmage Begins
After Selfie Session On Field
2 p.m. Champions Center and Indoor Practice Facility Self-Guided Tours

If you're not sure about going, think about it as a small thing you can do to help recruiting. Like this weekend, next Saturday will have 10 or more recruits who have CU offers visiting along with some other guys visiting who might get offers. It's a huge recruiting event for the future of the program.

Spending a couple hours at Folsom on a beautiful spring afternoon to check out our football team... not like this is tough duty, guys.

The whole family will be on campus for admitted student day for my daughter. I doubt we will bother with the spring drills game.

If you're not sure about going, think about it as a small thing you can do to help recruiting. Like this weekend, next Saturday will have 10 or more recruits who have CU offers visiting along with some other guys visiting who might get offers. It's a huge recruiting event for the future of the program.

Spending a couple hours at Folsom on a beautiful spring afternoon to check out our football team... not like this is tough duty, guys.
This x1000.

Jesus, guys, come on.
image.jpg

Don't put that evil on me.

Good to see that the "the coaches don't want to tip off other teams to their awesomeness" kool aid has started flowing.

Good to see that the "the coaches don't want to tip off other teams to their awesomeness" kool aid has started flowing.
It's going to be a new offensive scheme that teams haven't seen CU run before... Not really "kool-aid" to say the coaches don't want to show their new stuff to opponents.

It's going to be a new offensive scheme that teams haven't seen CU run before... Not really "kool-aid" to say the coaches don't want to show their new stuff to opponents.
So they are going to run a different offense in the scrimmage? What would be the point?

So they are going to run a different offense in the scrimmage? What would be the point?

No, but you do run vanilla. You might even run some stuff that you don't plan to use in the first couple games just to give them something extra to prepare for.

Back