What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring game

ImageProxy.mvc

No, but you do run vanilla. You might even run some stuff that you don't plan to use in the first couple games just to give them something extra to prepare for.
But, according to @TSchekler logic, it will be a whole new offense. So, even vanilla would be giving opposing teams film to study.

We'll see base plays.

Heck, if I was a coordinator I'd install a crazy trick play and run it. Something I don't even have in the playbook and will never use, but will force every team on the schedule to spend valuable time preparing for all season long. Like a reverse with the WR throwing to a tackle eligible or some similar crazy **** that would blow up in your face 9 times out of 10 if you tried it in a real game.

No offense to you. I just hate the thinking that we really are better than what we show. Especially when I hear things like, "I know were barely beat UMass but that's because we didn't want to open up our real playbook and give our conference foes anything to see." (two years ago.. I'm sure tini said it). To me it's kool aid.

I agree with @Buffnik. We'll run our basic offense and throw in a few trick plays for the fans that we'll probably never run in a real game.

No offense to you. I just hate the thinking that we really are better than what we show. Especially when I hear things like, "I know were barely beat UMass but that's because we didn't want to open up our real playbook and give our conference foes anything to see." (two years ago.. I'm sure tini said it). To me it's kool aid.

I agree with @Buffnik. We'll run our basic offense and throw in a few trick plays for the fans that we'll probably never run in a real game.
My point was to say that I don't think @tsarbomba was insinuating that we are going to be so good on offense that we are hiding it from opponents. I just think it's pretty much SOP when installing new wrinkles or an entirely new offense, to be very vanilla and not put anything on film that week 1 opponent can study and prepare for. It's like pre season NFL football. Everybody is running simple dive and off tackle run plays and basic passing concepts on offense, with hardly any blitzing or exotic coverage schemes on defense. Whether it truly matters or not is a different argument.

We'll see base plays.

Heck, if I was a coordinator I'd install a crazy trick play and run it. Something I don't even have in the playbook and will never use, but will force every team on the schedule to spend valuable time preparing for all season long. Like a reverse with the WR throwing to a tackle eligible or some similar crazy **** that would blow up in your face 9 times out of 10 if you tried it in a real game.
I love the mind-**** angle! :LOL:

So Hodgins is still set for the 11th which is Monday, so I think he may be talking about a different 4* WR. Adam just followed Falo on Twitter, he might be the top 50 player.

image.png

Go Buffs.

I know the twitter out reach may seem trivial to some, but it has already cranked up my hype meter for next season. A breath of fresh air IMO.

Not only does it feel fun to be a fan right now, but it feels like the AD WANTS me to be a fan again. It is a good change.

Go Buffs.

I know the twitter out reach may seem trivial to some, but it has already cranked up my hype meter for next season. A breath of fresh air IMO.

Not only does it feel fun to be a fan right now, but it feels like the AD WANTS me to be a fan again. It is a good change.
I agree...I don't see a rational reason to think we'll be much better than last year but with Chev, JL, the new facilities, recruiting picking up...it is more fun to follow!!!

I agree...I don't see a rational reason to think we'll be much better than last year but with Chev, JL, the new facilities, recruiting picking up...it is more fun to follow!!!
I think there are plenty of rational reasons to believe we'll be better than last year. Our two biggest back to back classes in history (at least I think I heard MM say that on the radio this morning) being another year in the program and physically and mentally more mature, key additions on defense that weren't there last year (Lewis, Tupou, Gillam), and almost an entirely new set of offensive skill players (Webb, Winfree, Ento and any other incoming Freshman that see the field).

You don't have to drink the kool-aid, but to say there aren't any rational reasons to think we'll be better is just false.

I think there are plenty of rational reasons to believe we'll be better than last year. Our two biggest back to back classes in history (at least I think I heard MM say that on the radio this morning) being another year in the program and physically and mentally more mature, key additions on defense that weren't there last year (Lewis, Tupou, Gillam), and almost an entirely new set of offensive skill players (Webb, Winfree, Ento and any other incoming Freshman that see the field).

You don't have to drink the kool-aid, but to say there aren't any rational reasons to think we'll be better is just false.
:popcorn:

I get what you are saying, and you are probably right...I'm just too jaded after having heard years of similar "rational reasons" to give them any stock. I will believe it when I see it...until then it's just preseason fluff to me.

I think it's pretty easy to rationalize an improved team this year. The problem is that we don't know how
much better the rest of the conference will be.

I'd say after 10 years of **** and futility, it seems much easier to rationalize why they won't be. I'm just in a ****ty mood I guess...
I'd say this is the mentality of a casual fan that doesn't frequent Allbuffs, tbh. I know many people here, including myself, are guilty of showering in kool-aid, but with all the great information on this site about incoming players and the impact they should have, as well as coaching/scheme/philosophy changes, I would think that most, if not everybody, can at least see that there are a multitude of reasons to be optimistic.

Back