What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring game

Wow! Guess you see what you want to see....especially with regard to MM and bad language in a circumstance where it can clearly be heard. Since when is dropping loud "F" bombs the equivalent of "enthusiasm and high morale"?.....Maybe in your little world. Same with the size issue, sure there are kids maturing and a bit smaller right now, but using charts from various websites, the Buffs average line size in right in the same ballpark as other Pac squads, with the exceptions of U$C, UCLA and Stanford, whose averages were affected by a few monsters (330+lb. kids). Won't argue on strength; the Forman experiment---sport specific, iso-training---is over and they're back to regular Olympic lifting as they should be. Wilson will have their undivided attention until August, so I don't worry about that. They will be stronger. (Read some Rippetoe) Hard to believe your "perception " of Jeffcoat and his players; not certain that a fiery guy like Leavitt, as DC, would not notice or put up with that, so what you're really saying is Leavitt isn't doing his job??? Get real!
Or take your "perceptions" and stay home in the fall; although I'm used to critics like you in the stands at Folsom. For years I had to sit behind some fat clown who yelled criticism at every play Mac I called, offensively and defensively---gets tiresome after about three minutes.....so spare those of us who may have to sit your vicinity!

JMFL wasn't on the sidelines during the scrimmage. He was getting a higher view of things. I was far from the only person who noticed the defensive players lack of interest in listening to Jeffcoat. Don't know why but the kids clearly didn't respect him...I knew he hadn't been getting the results anyone was looking for since he arrived and I didn't know why. Now all I wonder is when and why did they decide they shouldn't listen to him. The players quickly listened to the other coaches and there wasn't the same kind of reaction. Hard to imagine anyone losing respect for a hall of fame football player, but they have.

As for the enthusiasm and morale issue. When a player is excited and cheering and pumping up his team mates after a good play on the sideline and most of those team mates are responding...then he gets shut down because he dropped an F bomb and after he is scolded the sideline goes deadly silent and everyone just sits down and looks at their feet....yeah, this is a problem. PC police was in full effect....if you don't think a kid getting shot down for being himself and being excited causes a problem, then I suggest you let me come and do it to you anytime you express something remotely positive. Then tell me how you feel. There is a time and a place for everything, including being PC and including not being allowed to celebrate...a funeral for example.

The size issue is real. You can believe me or you can just watch what happens as the year progresses. I can tell you that I saw a few recruits and several were more physically imposing than most of the current team. We all know that the height and weights listed on team web sites are always 100% accurate, so I am sure your comparisons to other teams web sites are unquestionably correct. However, I do hope you're right about the new strength and conditioning coach making a dramatic difference.

JMFL wasn't on the sidelines during the scrimmage. He was getting a higher view of things. I was far from the only person who noticed the defensive players lack of interest in listening to Jeffcoat. Don't know why but the kids clearly didn't respect him...I knew he hadn't been getting the results anyone was looking for since he arrived and I didn't know why. Now all I wonder is when and why did they decide they shouldn't listen to him. The players quickly listened to the other coaches and there wasn't the same kind of reaction. Hard to imagine anyone losing respect for a hall of fame football player, but they have.

As for the enthusiasm and morale issue. When a player is excited and cheering and pumping up his team mates after a good play on the sideline and most of those team mates are responding...then he gets shut down because he dropped an F bomb and after he is scolded the sideline goes deadly silent and everyone just sits down and looks at their feet....yeah, this is a problem. PC police was in full effect....if you don't think a kid getting shot down for being himself and being excited causes a problem, then I suggest you let me come and do it to you anytime you express something remotely positive. Then tell me how you feel. There is a time and a place for everything, including being PC and including not being allowed to celebrate...a funeral for example.

The size issue is real. You can believe me or you can just watch what happens as the year progresses. I can tell you that I saw a few recruits and several were more physically imposing than most of the current team. We all know that the height and weights listed on team web sites are always 100% accurate, so I am sure your comparisons to other teams web sites are unquestionably correct. However, I do hope you're right about the new strength and conditioning coach making a dramatic difference.

F Bomb. Not one of MikMac's 4 F's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed the day, the facilities are great. The scrimmage was very vanilla and boring. The over hyped young OL were just that young,thin and not ready. Same with Montez, they all need time and experience.
The 1 on 1 drills showed how little muscle they have at this time.
The penciled depth chart was an attempt by HCMM to inflate his recruits and show the amazing talent he acquired.
Didn't work.

Doesn't get any better.

I0nJFwakww4SSk1iO2qfGMmwU1Qtigf_wqkeTGitbmyXcYxrKsuobfDUhKXxCrdaC3tB2JS0Ss4FQoQf9KMaCblyD5HZuzTJRiyFa6El_m4N44Uk4XEs0RJ_0-TeaLBZ51kN9EVuE0IFo6pj9zEMUSoDF5YQaFiBi5OGJPRHd9JwkGS8_AKr2NaOpdQ1bt2L5utDX9y2WWz6Qr8dGi2zWDfDqZULOQKAf8HqnUZFAdMO2YSM4tqtCYSnnr7hsEsFIFlze_-nlJhDT3VUjBgom1Hj9tFIsbDE8Lmm3ZmfZJEVzCK2J8LKJtfkcUiACVvNLffPYNd7mG8d4gdPge0mcijTiLam7admpEboSVC_LYpBkwelg6OvbGKpOVUm2SGY_0aTdSvRmoPfTEqw_Dw12VQ83mIs8mHC-1TGpP_ajxjAPinwMfZK5r0ICZi8_O67QV5lDuYF3NG4ONg5_squ0gdoRZNvZ9p7oTyQigRQ8CUVp8kxBkpFiUSHMinDC89nT6-uRN1RiPJE1MPkDC8jjZlzRKdI9lNNxqprkalJ8_LIMuIvNEzH18qqM4lldFROJ0ARVw=w1215-h683-no

A few thoughts-

• I was sitting up in the shade with my kids, so I was out of ear shot. Can you elaborate on "I was far from the only person who noticed the defensive players lack of interest in listening to Jeffcoat"?
  • Also, I understand coaches wanting to keep the environment on Saturday "family friendly" and policing language. If this is the case in closed practices, then I would agree it's an issue.
  • I agree on the size issue. When we were allowed down on the field, there were a few guys (only a few) that I would say were very imposing (George Frazier being one- holy **** that dude is huge). I don't know that I would call that an issue so much as a problem.

A few thoughts-

• I was sitting up in the shade with my kids, so I was out of ear shot. Can you elaborate on "I was far from the only person who noticed the defensive players lack of interest in listening to Jeffcoat"?
  • Also, I understand coaches wanting to keep the environment on Saturday "family friendly" and policing language. If this is the case in closed practices, then I would agree it's an issue.
  • I agree on the size issue. When we were allowed down on the field, there were a few guys (only a few) that I would say were very imposing (George Frazier being one- holy **** that dude is huge). I don't know that I would call that an issue so much as a problem.

Thanks for the response SC. I was sitting down on the 45 yard line. Some of the parent's of the defensive players were around me, I had my spouse and a small friend group and then there were three or four other groups around me. The reactions of the players when, and immediately after Jeffcoat would interact with them became as much or more a part of the discussion as what took place on the field. Perhaps it became such a hot topic because most of us were surprised by what we saw and heard.

You're right about MM wanting to create a family friendly atmosphere....However, football is an emotional game and players feed off of that positive energy. So this is something that you want to encourage as much as possible. F bombs happen, it wasn't like the player was trying to do anything other than express his joy and excitement. Plus I guarantee that a coach will drop one to some player during the season...perhaps even MM himself. If the player were causing problem sure shut him down, but he was being happy and it is likely that what the kids will remember is a player being excited after a play and a coach shutting him down....not the F bomb.

You're right there were definitely a handful of exceptions from the size perspective. I mean Alex Kelley's arms look like they might be the same size as Nembot's legs were last year.

I enjoyed the day, the facilities are great. The scrimmage was very vanilla and boring. The over hyped young OL were just that young,thin and not ready. Same with Montez, they all need time and experience.
The 1 on 1 drills showed how little muscle they have at this time.
The penciled depth chart was an attempt by HCMM to inflate his recruits and show the amazing talent he acquired.
Didn't work.
You and Kane should get a room and love each other up while slamming the team and staff! You clowns are a hoot! If anything the pencil chart was a sign that you earn your position on the field, even if you're young; no waiting until or deference to a fifth yr. RS, if you work hard, to see PT. Of course, you take it your own negative way....haters gonna hate.

Some of you are acting like this is fewer people than came out last year or the year before. If they had promoted this thing at all and if they had played a real game you know there would have been more people.

You and Kane should get a room and love each other up while slamming the team and staff! You clowns are a hoot! If anything the pencil chart was a sign that you earn your position on the field, even if you're young; no waiting until or deference to a fifth yr. RS, if you work hard, to see PT. Of course, you take it your own negative way....haters gonna hate.
No slamming, just honest observations of over-hyped RS freshmen. I can bring participation trophies next time.
They were not better or bigger than the existing linemen. Watching the 1 on 1's were quite telling. We have waited years to get an upperclassmen filled OL.
I am not a blind supporter of HCMM, I don't hate the dude I just want him to earn the gigantic salary that CU pays him. Throwing ridiculous hype to the press is not what I expect from a seasoned HC. He needs to win on the field before I drink any of the Kool-aid.

No slamming, just honest observations of over-hyped RS freshmen. I can bring participation trophies next time.
They were not better or bigger than the existing linemen. Watching the 1 on 1's were quite telling. We have waited years to get an upperclassmen filled OL.
I am not a blind supporter of HCMM, I don't hate the dude I just want him to earn the gigantic salary that CU pays him. Throwing ridiculous hype to the press is not what I expect from a seasoned HC. He needs to win on the field before I drink any of the Kool-aid.

Thats where Im at. I go. I support. I DO NOT drink the Koolaid. I have however sniffed it.

Damnit who is it? He had some skill.

#2 is Devin Ross. He has been with the buffs for 3 years now (?) He has excelled in the past two spring periods only to have confidence issues and consistency issues when it comes to catching the football during the season.

There's a package with Awini at QB and Dino and another running back are in. Definitely going to be some high speed triple option in Folsom this year

#2 is Devin Ross. He has been with the buffs for 3 years now (?) He has excelled in the past two spring periods only to have confidence issues and consistency issues when it comes to catching the football during the season.
You mean someone on the Buffs looks really good in practice but chokes on the field? #sarcasm

Back