What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practice/Game

“I love what (Sanford) is doing,” senior running back Alex Fontenot said. “We have so many options. He’s just spreading the ball out, giving it to all the playmakers. That’s what we’ve been wanting to do and we’re finally getting to do it.”

This is an interesting quote from a player who has been here thorough—what—three OCs (or is it four)? Clearly, Chev had some strange offensive ideas—and focused on one or two players he liked (?). Maybe this offense will come into the modern era of football. Hope is SPRING football.

“I love what (Sanford) is doing,” senior running back Alex Fontenot said. “We have so many options. He’s just spreading the ball out, giving it to all the playmakers. That’s what we’ve been wanting to do and we’re finally getting to do it.”

This is an interesting quote from a player who has been here thorough—what—three OCs (or is it four)? Clearly, Chev had some strange offensive ideas—and focused on one or two players he liked (?). Maybe this offense will come into the modern era of football. Hope is SPRING football.
200.gif

Watch Brady’s answer about Sanford. He seems shocked that there is actual thought that goes into the play design (“there’s a whole lot more rhyme and reason to what we’re doing).

this is a big year for kd. the staff is his staff. it is the highest payroll in CU football history, with a lot of guys on multiyear contracts.

in recruiting, they aren't landing enough rated athletes compared to peer schools. the transfer portal was brutality in action and for the most part, the guys coming in through the portal are not as pedigreed, proven, or experienced as the guys who left. they stand no chance of competing on image dollars without drastic rules changes and that seems remote in the near future. add in the horrid tv money they draw in the p12.

so this a big year and a big spring. kd has basically bet the program that he and the highly experienced staff can turn this around. and, if he doesn't, the financial burden of making a change will be very difficult. a program and an AD and a school have to work very hard to get into a box this small with so few ways out.

so, what is the success metric by which they all will be judged? the bar has fallen so low. i suspect internally and externally a lot of folks would be giddy with a bowl game appearance. ... just like our BB fans used to be happy with an NIT appearance pre-Tad.

so, yeah, practices are mostly closed this spring and the entire apparatus that CU football operates in appears to be in turtle mode.

big spring for anyone who gives a **** about CU football. big spring, big year,,,

The 2022 defense has no strengths. At all. None. Weaknesses and question marks in every position group.

Teams are going to boat race the 2022 buffs.
Not only that, but every team on the Buffs' schedule has improved a 1,000 %; got starter transfers from tOSU, UM, Bama and Georgia, while suffering NO portal losses; had all their injured players heal completely and return for spring; got new coaches who left successful careers in Power 5 programs or the NFL, just so they could pile on CU; and every player for each opponent got double-incetivized by YUUGE cash payments into their NIL accounts.....or so I've learned by following all the geniuses who post here.

Guess I'll follow Mines and No. Dakota State, next fall.

Not only that, but every team on the Buffs' schedule has improved a 1,000 %; got starter transfers from tOSU, UM, Bama and Georgia, while suffering NO portal losses; had all their injured players heal completely and return for spring; got new coaches who left successful careers in Power 5 programs or the NFL, just so they could pile on CU; and every player for each opponent got double-incetivized by YUUGE cash payments into their NIL accounts.....or so I've learned by following all the geniuses who post here.

There has been zero evidence that suggests any geniuses post here. It is a forum compiled of 35-year old idots of course and thus a magical place. We are smart enough to be frustrated with the program, but foolish enough to stick around.

Mines and NDSU will be better teams than CU, you got that right.

There has been zero evidence that suggests any geniuses post here. It is a forum compiled of 35-year old idots of course and thus a magical place. We are smart enough to be frustrated with the program, but foolish enough to stick around.
i resemble that remark. ... except the 35 yr old part...

Please do.

anyone else get a little nervous when you apparently have installed a new offense with a huge roster turnover underway and the HC says they wanted to keep it "vanilla " for all the spies in attendance? i am sure half the p12 had undercover agents there, charting plays. hell, probably some of the sec teams too, just get some learnin' from the staff.

ah well, fingers crossed and hope springs eternal in the spring.

it isn't that hard just to say that, with all the changes, the team is still working to install the full offense, is it?

Sounds like Nikko Reed and Daniel Arias had good days. Expect those two to be big playmakers this year. Arias and Sneed could be a good 1-2 punch. ILB sounds like it’s gonna be bad without help.

Lewis still throwing way late. This is JT’s job to lose.

KD saying he doesn’t want to show too much in a scrimmage tells me a guy who knows he has to out scheme teams. Not good. At all

Sounds like Nikko Reed and Daniel Arias had good days. Expect those two to be big playmakers this year. Arias and Sneed could be a good 1-2 punch. ILB sounds like it’s gonna be bad without help.

Lewis still throwing way late. This is JT’s job to lose.

KD saying he doesn’t want to show too much in a scrimmage tells me a guy who knows he has to out scheme teams. Not good. At all
JT is to Lewis as Bridgewater was to Lock last year.

I went. Not much talent. Thin at several groups. Front 6-7 on D was ahead of O. Biggest concern was Lewis. He did not look “good”, Karl. Repeatedly late on throws, happy feet, flushed early, 2 LOS tips/knockdowns, four throwaways, three good balls. Concerning.
Did any of the other QBs look ok?

Back