What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stadium Wide Beer at Folsom

if they sell beer everywhere I assume the crowds on the rooftop will go down. nice for them to announce this after the rooftop tickets were sold out...

I went to the IPF before the UW game last year that had freezing rain during pregame. The crowds were the lowest in the IPF that I had ever seen... so something tells me the novelty may have worn off and like S2S said above, the set up and costs to the vendors weren’t worth it.

I went to the IPF before the UW game last year that had freezing rain during pregame. The crowds were the lowest in the IPF that I had ever seen... so something tells me the novelty may have worn off and like S2S said above, the set up and costs to the vendors weren’t worth it.
I did the same for the UW game, and then again at half time to get some beer. It was cool to see it (so much bigger than it looks in pictures), but if they're selling beer in the stadium during pregame and at half time, zero reason to be in there for me.

Does beer + no student reentry bring back the "cup wars" of the 1980s?

Circa 1988, I was standing at the top of the student section when a friend bought a couple of beers. He took a sip of one and sent it aloft in a glorious arc toward the bottom of the section. It was parents' weekend, so there was an old guy (probably not much older than I am now) sitting with his daughter.... blam! Hit him right in the back of the head. The guy, now drenched, jumps up, starts yelling, and calls over the beer vendor standing near him. I thought, "Good going dude. Now we're going to be ejected." Nope. The guy flashed a wad of cash, bought a bunch of beers, and started throwing full cups in every direction. Looked like he was having the time of his life.

I'm thinking things are too tame these days to revisit that type of foolishness. Wasting beer is also more frowned upon.

IPF is great as a place to tailgage (booze up) when the weather is bad. I hope they think about opening it up when there's inclement weather. It saved me last year before the Washington game.

vjhgugyhg.png

sucks because instead of watching the game, I was ankle deep in stale beer.
Ah, squishy beer socks!
Having arrived in 1991 shortly after the beer drinking age went from 18 to 21, us freshmen dreamed of ways we could sneak a beer or two. Never quite made the leap though.

Ah, squishy beer socks!
Having arrived in 1991 shortly after the beer drinking age went from 18 to 21, us freshmen dreamed of ways we could sneak a beer or two. Never quite made the leap though.

I was a Freshman in 1989, and my roommate was ROTC. One of his fellow cadets snuck a couple of beers to his underage buddy, got caught, and lost his ROTC scholarship.

I was a Freshman in 1989, and my roommate was ROTC. One of his fellow cadets snuck a couple of beers to his underage buddy, got caught, and lost his ROTC scholarship.
And that's why we talked the big game but never executed.
Wise choice in the long run as I look back 22 years later. Hope my house make the same decisions as I send them off to school this next week.

And that's why we talked the big game but never executed.
Wise choice in the long run as I look back 22 years later. Hope my house make the same decisions as I send them off to school this next week.

I can only imagine explaining to your parents that you blew a free ride and a possible career over lukewarm coors to be drunk by somebody else.

House supposed to be "boys." And to the above, yeah that would have been a very difficult conversation.

Ah, squishy beer socks!
I couldn't even drink until Nov 30 of my senior year, but remember having kegs and hot dogs/chic-fil-a in the NROTC lounge which was in the stadium. You could go in there before the game and at half time and even bring the stuff back out - for free (money made from stadium clean ups). So sneaking a drink in seemed like dumb idea.

My wife and son are very upset that the IPF with all that area for kids games is not happening this season as part of these changes.

The IPF being a ticketed area is ****ing nightmare for Franklin Field tailgating, since you park below the IPF for all those spots that used to be on Franklin. I'd guess that's a large part of the decision. You have to show tickets to get from the parking lot to Franklin, and they really struggled to make it flow functionally over the 2 years they've had it.

The IPF being a ticketed area is ****ing nightmare for Franklin Field tailgating, since you park below the IPF for all those spots that used to be on Franklin. I'd guess that's a large part of the decision. You have to show tickets to get from the parking lot to Franklin, and they really struggled to make it flow functionally over the 2 years they've had it.
I agree, 50% of the time they would screw up scanning your ticket. They should have just made the IPF a non-ticket area. I never understood the need for needing a ticket to get in there. What is the worse thing that could happen, they sell extra beer to people that don't have tickets.

Was it just me or were the beer lines insanely long and incredibly slow? Got a beer first qtr...20minute line. That time was in the Southwest corner concessions area. Went at half time in Balch and gave up after waiting for 20+ minutes and only getting halfway through the line. Missed a decent amount of game time both times.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

I know it’s new, there will be growing pains, and it’s just nice to have beer at the stadium at all...but it just takes so long that feel it’s hardly worth it. Maybe that’s their way of controlling people’s drinking.

Was it just me or were the beer lines insanely long and incredibly slow? Got a beer first qtr...20minute line. That time was in the Southwest corner concessions area. Went at half time in Balch and gave up after waiting for 20+ minutes and only getting halfway through the line. Missed a decent amount of game time both times.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

I know it’s new, there will be growing pains, and it’s just nice to have beer at the stadium at all...but it just takes so long that feel it’s hardly worth it. Maybe that’s their way of controlling people’s drinking.
Yes, it took forever in Balch to get a beer.

Concession lines were the worst I've ever seen. People were gobbling up the beer

Back