What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student tickets for KU game

Whatever the C-Unit was intended to be, they should've taken over in situations like the other night. I assume that's what the AD was thinking when they came up with this idea. I guess I should stop thinking the C-Unit is a student fan organization, and label them as just the students that happen to show up for MBB games regularly.

Last edited:
Whatever the C-Unit was intended to be, they should've taken over in situations like the other night. I assume that's what the AD was thinking when they came up with this idea. I think we should maybe stop assuming the C-Unit is a student fan organization, and label them as just the students that happen to show up for MBB games regularly.
This. I love their enthusiasm, but to most of the people in the crowd the guys in the front are all douches that get special treatment. And I agree it. We didn't do a certain chant and they freaked out and started cussing everyone out. For me it has turned into almost an us vs. the "C-Unit" leaders. It's a cool idea but their "leadership" sucks. Should have taken leadership 101 because they have a lot of work to do to not alienate the rest of the students. Don't get me wrong they work hard but they are way too exclusive. It's like the "cool" seniors who showed up to every athletic event in high school because they werent even close to being athletic enough to actually compete.

Good post by J-R-K.

By far the best explanation for why students were upset about this event.

Some of it provides the reasons for some of the student behavior - reasons, not excuses.

The AD handled this poorly.

But what got me upset and I haven't gotten over is how this upsetness was vented into disrespect and even direct verbal assault by some students toward our women's basketball players. That made it really hard for me to have any sympathy or even want to listen to any complaints. It's like when I'm dealing with my 5 year old. If he throws a tamper and lashes out, he doesn't get rewarded. If instead he explains his side to me in a calm, rational way he gets rewarded a bit - I'll tilt the wheel in his favor even if I also have to explain why he's wrong.

This was not handled by the AD the way it should have been. However, it was totally wrong to take it out on the women's basketball players. They did not decide to make the ticket distribution for the KU game this way. The AD did that. Show a little respect for the athletes. The women's players work every bit as hard as the men's team.

At the end of the game when the students were booing about the fouls being called, the students might have cheered for the team. It was a close game. Too bad they didn't watch it.

This. I love their enthusiasm, but to most of the people in the crowd the guys in the front are all douches that get special treatment. And I agree it. We didn't do a certain chant and they freaked out and started cussing everyone out. For me it has turned into almost an us vs. the "C-Unit" leaders. It's a cool idea but their "leadership" sucks. Should have taken leadership 101 because they have a lot of work to do to not alienate the rest of the students. Don't get me wrong they work hard but they are way too exclusive. It's like the "cool" seniors who showed up to every athletic event in high school because they werent even close to being athletic enough to actually compete.

So true

Ya the front row is a bunch of douchers, especially the fat b. But I'll admit that they at least know the cheers and cheer the entire time, including starting the chants

Whatever the C-Unit was intended to be, they should've taken over in situations like the other night. I assume that's what the AD was thinking when they came up with this idea. I guess I should stop thinking the C-Unit is a student fan organization, and label them as just the students that happen to show up for MBB games regularly.
There's no doubt in my mind, Dennis would've handled this situation much better than the current leadership.

FYI CU sent out an email at 12:01 am saying to get your tix online at 12pm today. I got mine with no issue so I'm happy there

Apparently it is a blackout game. I wonder if the dumbass with the Halo thing in gold is going to have to make a black one. Also, if they do that stupid banana chant one more time, the "C-Unit" is officially dead.

Apparently it is a blackout game. I wonder if the dumbass with the Halo thing in gold is going to have to make a black one. Also, if they do that stupid banana chant one more time, the "C-Unit" is officially dead.

But... But... But... we are all bananas?

I doubt he paints it black. He puts a lot of time and effort into that suit and it takes a while to repaint it. I am surprised he painted it pink last year.

What is the banana chant?

It's like a, go bananas go go bananas. Eat bananas eat eat bananas. It's weird.

It's like a, go bananas go go bananas. Eat bananas eat eat bananas. It's weird.
It's dumb. And I heard the halo guy talking and he calls himself a "super fan" but claims that once he is a student he is done and doesn't have much interest in going to any games as an alum. Sorry the dude is a scumbag.

The banana chant is no longer. You’re welcome. (Although that wasn’t an official CUnit free throw chant)

The banana chant is no longer. You’re welcome. (Although that wasn’t an official CUnit free throw chant)

While you're at it could you drop all of the other stupid sh*t as well? A college student sections should be witty and mean, not boring and corny. The nerdy kids who sit in the first couple of rows, of which I assume you are a part, kind of suck. There is nothing cool about dressing up like bananas and singing altered lyrics to bad 80's song to "intimidate" opponents shooting free throws. By all means keep that spirit, just try and be slightly less embarrassing when doing so! Whats with the C-Unit name anyways? Why does everything have to be branded these days and why does this branding have to be a stupid overtly ghetto name?

Sincerely, the rest of the CU student section.

J-R-K living up to his name. Gotta admit, he's bringing it and backing it up.

While you're at it could you drop all of the other stupid sh*t as well? A college student sections should be witty and mean, not boring and corny. The nerdy kids who sit in the first couple of rows, of which I assume you are a part, kind of suck. There is nothing cool about dressing up like bananas and singing altered lyrics to bad 80's song to "intimidate" opponents shooting free throws. By all means keep that spirit, just try and be slightly less embarrassing when doing so! Whats with the C-Unit name anyways? Why does everything have to be branded these days and why does this branding have to be a stupid overtly ghetto name?

Zinger

Ohhhh could I answer this one. Did you enjoy watching me cut down the net in LA for our first ever PAC:12 championship.....bitch.

Back