What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sunshine Slam- Men's bball hosts Milwaukee (Tues., 11/14, 7:00 PM) & in Daytona Bch. to face Richmond (Mon., 11/20, 6:00 PM MT) & FSU (Tues.,2:00 PM)

Did not handle style today. Buffs are better than FSU, but FSU took our Buffs out of their game, frustrated us, and deserved to win today. Better learn from it.

FSU is obviously a bad matchup for us, considering that we had no answer for their length. Still, had we shot worth a **** from the outside, this would have been a win. The forcing the ball inside against this team was a really bad idea, but I don't know what else you can do when you can't hit an outside shot to save your life.

I'm cool with never going to these lame ass holiday tournaments where you play in empty high school gyms at 2 pm on a weekday.

I mean, what is the benefit of this trip? So the kids can go somewhere fun?
Every team in America plays exempt events like this. It comes from the way the NCAA rules are written, you get 3 games that only count as one against the total amount of games you can play. Complain to the NCAA, not to the CU AD about playing in events like this. We're also playing in one of the marquee events next season, our program isn't at the level to be in the marquee events every year. That's just reality.

I worry teams are going to bully us as their strategy going forward. We’re very soft.
The biggest problem with these guys last year was being unsuited to it when a game became disjointed and physical instead of a contest of basketball skill. I think the biggest concern is that while having some finesse guys among our key players is good, they can sometimes fall to attack aggression and end up playing soft.

Also, sometimes unselfishness crosses the line into passiveness.

FSU is obviously a bad matchup for us, considering that we had no answer for their length. Still, had we shot worth a **** from the outside, this would have been a win. The forcing the ball inside against this team was a really bad idea, but I don't know what else you can do when you can't hit an outside shot to save your life.
You keep taking open 3s.

By my count we were 3-7 on open 3s through the first 15 minutes or so of the second half, which was 0-3 followed by 3-4.

The open 3 is always a good shot, even if you've started cold.

Um, that's not how it works.
So we count this as a win?

They won.

FSU > CU

When it gets to the end of the season, the committee isn't going to say:
"CU lost the game, but were obviously the better team, so we won't count that one."

They will say:
"CU lost to FSU on a neutral court, therefore FSU is better than CU"

That is how it works.

"CU lost the game, but were obviously the better team, so we won't count that one."

They will say:

That is how it works.

I don't think they would say that if we finish 32-1 and FSU finishes 4-29.

They won.

FSU > CU

They will say:

That is how it works.
Not at all.

On one afternoon in November, FSU beat CU on a neutral court, by a close score, in OT.

While that is a significant data point, the totality of data from the 30+ games each team plays will be used to evaluate their relative ranking come time for tourney selection.

Not a bad loss, not a good loss. Just a loss. Will probably be B tier on KenPom at end of year.

Learn from it and move on. And never play FSU again.

Actually, this was a vintage Tad Boyle loss against away from the Events Center. FSU picked 11th in the SEC and lost by 20 points to Florida, they're hardly a great team.

Playing afraid, mentally soft, can't take care of the ball, 20 turnovers (17 steals!) leading to 19 points, poor shooting, etc. Tad Boyle blaming himself for another one of his team's poor efforts. Yada yada.

They won.

FSU > CU

They will say:

That is how it works.
No...it really isn't dude. You think anyone in the CFB playoff committee is going to put one loss Texas in over 1 loss Bama if those are the two options for the 4th playoff team.

Early season results mean very little in the eyes of the committee outside of how it effects your SOS and NET.

Actually, this was a vintage Tad Boyle loss against away from the Events Center. FSU picked 11th in the SEC and lost by 20 points to Florida, they're hardly a great team.

Afraid, mentally soft, can't take care of the ball, 20 turnovers (17 steals!) leading to 19 points, poor shooting, etc. Tad Boyle blaming himself for another one of his team's poor efforts. Yada yada.

We were 4.5 point favorites.

They won.

FSU > CU

They will say:

That is how it works.
No...it really isn't dude. You think anyone in the CFB playoff committee is going to put one loss Texas in over 1 loss Bama if those are the two options for the 4th playoff team.

Early season results mean very little in the eyes of the committee outside of how it effects your SOS and NET.

This was a good game to learn from. CU is certainly the better team. It was an off offensive night, especially for TDS, I thought he played really soft. The perceived "length" factor got in their head when finishing at the basket. I also thought we didn't run offense very fast, direct, and aggressive. Hammond was hot, he needed to be on the floor with KJ and we could've went to a 2-3 zone. At least we could've seen what that looked like for a couple mins. We'll learn.

This was a good game to learn from. CU is certainly the better team. It was an off offensive night, especially for TDS, I thought he played really soft. The perceived "length" factor got in their head when finishing at the basket. I also thought we didn't run offense very fast, direct, and aggressive. Hammond was hot, he needed to be on the floor with KJ and we could've went to a 2-3 zone. At least we could've seen what that looked like for a couple mins. We'll learn.
Odd that tad never opted for zone seeing as he said he'd employ it more this season.

Playing afraid, mentally soft, can't take care of the ball, 20 turnovers (17 steals!) leading to 19 points, poor shooting, etc. Tad Boyle blaming himself for another one of his team's poor efforts. Yada yada.

staying on brand only coming here to post negative ****

My favorite play of the game may have been when Da Silva TRIPPED ON THE BALL while dribbling and fell over. What in the world was going on with him today?

My favorite play of the game may have been when Da Silva TRIPPED ON THE BALL while dribbling and fell over. What in the world was going on with him today?
Well the llama was speculating that he was drunk.

How hard is it to make an adjustment to the steals? FFS pump fake, pass fake, do ANYTHING other than continuing to pass the ball to the other ****ing team
In the pre-game Tad said FSU is very aggressive and we will need to pump fake and pass fake. 🤣

In the pre-game Tad said FSU is very aggressive and we will need to pump fake and pass fake. 🤣
That's one of the most frustrating things for a coach. You had the right assessment, your assistants did their job scouting and then developing the game plan with you... and then something broke down with you communicating it to the team and getting them to execute. That's why he's so pissed. He's putting it on himself for not reaching a team that he believes in and has shown themselves to be coachable.

You clearly missed this earlier.
Some of you need to either find Jesus or anti-depressants.

My re-watch brings me to the conclusion that we missed a crap ton of ........

1700635349020.png

Lampkin is anti-Joker, bricks a simple layup. Dunk the ball Eddie, get the basket and a foul.

Float game and around the rim was awful

Pre -game Tad said they knew they couldn't try to drive to the hoop between 2 or 3 defenders. He even chuckled about it. But we tried and failed on several possesions.

We were a cold shooting team again.

The worst is that, like last year, we just don't seem tough enough. (1 of the reasons LOB is so important is that he is a tough guy)

Back