What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sweet 16 thread

Arizona essentially got to play this game at home.

500 miles away? In a different state?

Seriously? By that standard, North Carolina is playing at home tomorrow. In Newark NJ. (Let's not even talk about how close to home Syracuse would have been in NJ if they would have made it this far). Hell, Florida was only about 40 miles farther away from home. In New Orleans.

I can't wait for ESPiN to have a whole week to hype their hometown team in the Final Four. :rolling_eyes:

I really didn't see this coming. Props to VCU. 14 point lead at the half. 41 - 27. Wow.

Good job by VCU not letting KU make a late run and seize the momentum going into the half. Their lead was cut into slightly - 18 at one point - but the big thing is that they aren't going into the half with their lead suddenly whittled down to 6 or 8.

500 miles away? In a different state?

Seriously? By that standard, North Carolina is playing at home tomorrow. In Newark NJ. (Let's not even talk about how close to home Syracuse would have been in NJ if they would have made it this far). Hell, Florida was only about 40 miles farther away from home. In New Orleans.

I can't wait for ESPiN to have a whole week to hype their hometown team in the Final Four. :rolling_eyes:

The bottom line is that it was clearly an Arizona crowd. Also, I wasn't implying that the committee gave them an unfair break by playing in Anaheim, if that's what you thought.

It is unraveling for VCU.

Kansas may be burning themselves out with the effort but if VCU doesn't get it together it won't matter.

Kansas is way more talented than VCU all over the court. VCU was beating them on effort, KU has now turned it up.

The matchup of 11-seed VCU and 8-seed Butler has to feature the 2 lowest seeds to ever meet in a Final 4, I would think.

CU is the last BIG 12 team playing basketball. Shouldn't be much of a surprise. Let's get this NIT game on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Well, right after I claim that UNC's bigs run the floor, they're dead-legging through this first half against UK. And committing stupid fouls.

Not sure how the hell they got continuation on that last foul on Barnes. And I don't care what Clark Kellog says.

For entertainment's sake, feel free to peruse a Rock Chalk bball forum. I conveniently picked it up at the end of the game: http://boards.kusports.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2000051&page=0&fpart=42&vc=1

Here's my fav: "I know we can't hit a three or a free throw, but we can't get a foul call either. Worst officiating I have seen this year, and there have been some bad ones."

Oh, I see. It was the officials' fault. Funny, that's a common theme among basketball fans of losing teams. Lose=blame it on the refs.

I got one final four team correct in my bracket (UConn). By virtue of that, I have won my office pool. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

KU and UNC both lose on the same day in the NCAA tournament, making this easily one of my all-time favorite days in tournament history.

:woot:

Back