What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle is the Greatest Coach in CU Men’s Basketball History

You have no idea what next year's team is going to look like. I also have no idea what next year's team is going to look like. Tad at this point probably has no idea what next year's team is going to look like. It will be different though. Tad has only had one under .500 team, but we do move to the Big XXII next year. Could be a struggle, but there could be something great coming, and he's never had a noncompetitive team. How about we get through this year first.
I don't see how KJ leaving is the foregone conclusion everyone else thinks it is.

I'm guessing he projects as late 2nd round, backup PG potential.

I still say we'll get a really, REALLY good look at how much RG gives a **** about bball when the women's season is over and half of the NCAA comes looking for a new coach.

Proven coach, recruiter.

When we hear "we just couldn't afford to keep her" and later find out that amount was 900k / yr, you'll have your answer.

I still say we'll get a really, REALLY good look at how much RG gives a **** about bball when the women's season is over and half of the NCAA comes looking for a new coach.

Proven coach, recruiter.

When we hear "we just couldn't afford to keep her" and later find out that amount was 900k / yr, you'll have your answer.
Now that she has shown what WBB success can do for attendance, there's a much better chance that a big contract is justified. Winning would not have been enough. But if her program can pull an extra 2k per game average, she easily pays for herself.

He'd make more money as a prized college transfer than he would as an UFA/late 2nd (assuming that's his draft stock). That's what Caleb Love did.
No way KJ plays for CU next year
Option 1 = decent NBA draft spot
Option 2 = transfer portal NIL deal
Option 3 = return to CU to play with underclassmen in the Big12
Next years team will be short of talent and experience
If something special or exciting is coming, it will be a miracle

When has Tad ever made a splash in the portal? Ever. What proven stud is going to come here to play for what projects to be a cellar dweller Big 12 team? Cody, KJ, TDS, Lampkin, Hadley gone. And look who’s behind them. Dark days ahead. It’s time to hit reset and that starts with Tad stepping down.

Im going to wait to see how the season finishes, but this is the first time I’m teetering on whether or not I want Tad to come back.

When has Tad ever made a splash in the portal? Ever. What proven stud is going to come here to play for what projects to be a cellar dweller Big 12 team? Cody, KJ, TDS, Lampkin, Hadley gone. And look who’s behind them. Dark days ahead. It’s time to hit reset and that starts with Tad stepping down.
Jeriah Horne, Carlon Brown, Jvonne Hadley, were all solid.

Lampkin, Gatling, Wright were OK.

Do you know who Derrick White is?

The sample is fairly small, but Tad has been, like in all things, good but not great at getting performers to transfer in.

No way KJ plays for CU next year
Option 1 = decent NBA draft spot
Option 2 = transfer portal NIL deal
Option 3 = return to CU to play with underclassmen in the Big12
Next years team will be short of talent and experience
If something special or exciting is coming, it will be a miracle
I think a lot depends on whether Cody stays another year and/or if Lampkin and Hadley exercise their Covid year options. If any one or two decides to leave, it will start a domino effect. No matter what, Tad needs to find 2-3 players in the portal in the offseason because Hurlburt ain’t it and is most certainly gone, Ruffin looks like he’ll never be the player he once was, Courtney Anderson looks like another miss TBH, and the incoming class is as overrated a class as I’ve seen in Tad’s tenure.

Next year we’ll either be 20-12 or 12-20. There will be no middle ground.

I think a lot depends on whether Cody stays another year and/or if Lampkin and Hadley exercise their Covid year options. If any one or two decides to leave, it will start a domino effect. No matter what, Tad needs to find 2-3 players in the portal in the offseason because Hurlburt ain’t it and is most certainly gone, Ruffin looks like he’ll never be the player he once was, Courtney Anderson looks like another miss TBH, and the incoming class is as overrated a class as I’ve seen in Tad’s tenure.

Next year we’ll either be 20-12 or 12-20. There will be no middle ground.
Cody cannot stay, it is not in his interests at all
NBA training, even G League minutes are more valuable
Lampkin could use his Covid year, and so could Hadley, and they would essentially be your best players returning
Hammond, RJ in the back court, and then ................

If Tad is going to have years where all the stars align, then he needs to pull all the strings to get into the tournament. If not, then try something new, a Big12 job is coveted. Watching that game last night was so frustrating. I actually think that KJ is feeling some anguish and just cannot will them to the finish line

Jeriah Horne, Carlon Brown, Jvonne Hadley, were all solid.

Lampkin, Gatling, Wright were OK.

Do you know who Derrick White is?

The sample is fairly small, but Tad has been, like in all things, good but not great at getting performers to transfer in.
Hoops casual here (east coaster with most tips past bedtime) but someone needs to sell me on Lampkin... turnover and foul machine every time he's around the ball is seems. Had high hopes with this one but left disappointed from what i've seen...

Hoops casual here (east coaster with most tips past bedtime) but someone needs to sell me on Lampkin... turnover and foul machine every time he's around the ball is seems. Had high hopes with this one but left disappointed from what i've seen...
He was inconsistent at TCU with fitness issues, but flashed with some big performances that showed his upside. Also has a pretty good tool kit for a big (some ball handling and passing skills, but not much jump shot & too many turnovers from trying to do too much dribbling & passing). He was an upgrade for us on offense & the glass, but isn't an elite college 5.

Cody cannot stay, it is not in his interests at all
NBA training, even G League minutes are more valuable
Lampkin could use his Covid year, and so could Hadley, and they would essentially be your best players returning
Hammond, RJ in the back court, and then ................

If Tad is going to have years where all the stars align, then he needs to pull all the strings to get into the tournament. If not, then try something new, a Big12 job is coveted. Watching that game last night was so frustrating. I actually think that KJ is feeling some anguish and just cannot will them to the finish line
If the stars align perfectly for 24/25:
KJ
Williams
Hadley
Lampkin
Transfer 1
Transfer 2
Smith
Diop
Dak
Rancik
Crawford
Kossaras
Onwuchekwa

Anderson - transfers out
Hurlburt - transfers out
Hammond - transfers out
Ruffin - medical retirement

If we're cursed in 24/25:
Hammond
Ruffin
Smith
Diop
Dak
Hurlburt
Anderson
Transfer 1
Transfer 2
Rancik
Crawford
Kossaras
Onwuchekwa

Yeah, I think he's just OK. A couple nice scoring games, some fun passes if you block the turnovers from your memory.

If the stars align perfectly for 24/25:
KJ
Williams
Hadley
Lampkin
Transfer 1
Transfer 2
Smith
Diop
Dak
Rancik
Crawford
Kossaras
Onwuchekwa

Anderson - transfers out
Hurlburt - transfers out
Hammond - transfers out
Ruffin - medical retirement

If we're cursed in 24/25:
Hammond
Ruffin
Smith
Diop
Dak
Hurlburt
Anderson
Transfer 1
Transfer 2
Rancik
Crawford
Kossaras
Onwuchekwa
The only way the stars align is if a crap ton of CASH shows up
I do not see a lot of joy in the current team, and KJ is good friends with Sherrod and would probably like to be drafted together in the NBA - WNBA
Cody is gone, there is Zero reasons to return except for some massive respect for Tad and putting together a better season
Hadley and Lampkin are wildcards

Yeah, I think he's just OK. A couple nice scoring games, some fun passes if you block the turnovers from your memory.
But you have to remember he was brought in to be a glue piece. He just needed to be better than Lovering, which he is. The bigger player issues are TDS being soft as pudding, our bench being straight a$$, and Tad having zero trust in the frosh he recruited.

He was inconsistent at TCU with fitness issues, but flashed with some big performances that showed his upside. Also has a pretty good tool kit for a big (some ball handling and passing skills, but not much jump shot & too many turnovers from trying to do too much dribbling & passing). He was an upgrade for us on offense & the glass, but isn't an elite college 5.
I'd argue against him being an upgrade on the glass. He's a subpar rebounder for his size, imo. Poor defender. Very skilled in the post, but turns the ball over too much as you said.

I'd argue against him being an upgrade on the glass. He's a subpar rebounder for his size, imo. Poor defender. Very skilled in the post, but turns the ball over too much as you said.
The rebounding has been rough all around.

Last night I was yearning for Lawson or for Nique the way he was hitting the boards in the back half of his sophomore season.

I hate to say it, because I think Tad is the best thing I can remember happening for CU BB. He is the best coach CU BB has ever had, but if he can't get this team to the NCAA tourney, I think he may have run his course here. This team has all the look of an NIT team. That is hard to justify with three supposed NBA caliber players.

Lawson hardly ever pulled down a rebound. I'm not saying he's a Jabari or Dre, but he upgraded rebounding from his position.

Lawson hardly ever pulled down a rebound. I'm not saying he's a Jabari or Dre, but he upgraded rebounding from his position.
LL was 4.6 / G, 8.1 / 40 and 4th on the team in RPG
Eddie is 7.2 / G, 10.2 / 40 and 1st on the team in RPG by a large margin.

It's not even close.

On O:
LL: 4.4 pts/g 7.8 / 40
Eddie: 10.0 / g, 14.9 / 40.

Again, not even close.

Lawson was FAR superior at boxing out. No disagreement that he never actually got his hands on the ball, but his boxing out allowed our other guys to collect those boards. It's the thing Evan Battey didn't get enough credit for. His boxing out ability helped Jabari be an awesome rebounder, not a slight to Jabri's rebounding ability, Jabari was very good at boxing out too. Dre on the other hand was an absolute freak and just gobbled up every rebound everywhere, teammates boxing out or not. That dude was amazing.

Lawson was FAR superior at boxing out. No disagreement that he never actually got his hands on the ball, but his boxing out allowed our other guys to collect those boards. It's the thing Evan Battey didn't get enough credit for. His boxing out ability helped Jabari be an awesome rebounder, not a slight to Jabri's rebounding ability, Jabari was very good at boxing out too. Dre on the other hand was an absolute freak and just gobbled up every rebound everywhere, teammates boxing out or not. That dude was amazing.
I will agree that no one on the current roster is any good at boxing out - half of them don't even seem to realize it's a thing to do.

I will agree that no one on the current roster is any good at boxing out - half of them don't even seem to realize it's a thing to do.
Yeah. A play from last night sticks on my mind. Shot was short, Lampkin on weak side doesn’t box out, guy on his side steps around him for an easy offensive board and 2 points. Hammond was coming to the hoop and would have easily corralled it if Lampkin got even 25% of his body between the guy and the basket. That play made me more frustrated with Lampkin than any of his turnovers, and that’s saying a lot.

Yeah. A play from last night sticks on my mind. Shot was short, Lampkin on weak side doesn’t box out, guy on his side steps around him for an easy offensive board and 2 points. Hammond was coming to the hoop and would have easily corralled it if Lampkin got even 25% of his body between the guy and the basket. That play made me more frustrated with Lampkin than any of his turnovers, and that’s saying a lot.
...and TDS was standing 20 feet away watching the action.

Back