What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle

So, Snow reacted to the hire the same as if he'd seen a growth on his penis.

Wellllllll, could be worse.

Usually I keep silent about those. Just give it a few weeks and it goes away, with almost no one the wiser.

You actually did alright. Nice prognostication here...

I agree. Uptempo baby! Especially for basketball, there is just no way to adjust in the time they have between when they arrive and when they play. I want to see teams run out of the gym!

I thought about this last night. And I totally agree. Why break the bank to save 1/20 of our income (if that) when you should be saviing up for the hire that will make or break the entire department? Given that strategy, I totally agree with this choice. And who knows, maybe Boyle will win 20+ games next year and bring in some big time recruits.

Of course, it's impossible to say for sure, but I can't imagine we'd be in the position we're in today had Bohn hired McClain or Dunlap. Bohn deserves a lot of credit for this hire. It wasn't the easiest or the safest.

Of course, it's impossible to say for sure, but I can't imagine we'd be in the position we're in today had Bohn hired McClain or Dunlap. Bohn deserves a lot of credit for this hire. It wasn't the easiest or the safest.
He's been on a #rolltad since the hire, really.

Nah, I can say for sure... we we wouldn't have had nearly as much success yet.

To be honest, I didn't like the Boyle hire when it happened, but it really didn't have anything to do with Tad (who I really knew little about at the time). I really felt that MB had made a lazy hire, kind of a "let's drive up and down I25 until we find someone we like" type perception. At the time, I was completely in favor of hiring Dunlap.

I'm glad I was wrong about Boyle, and for once, I shudda listened to my boomer-rivals co-worker. One of Boyle's UNC teams played in Norman a few years back, and the boomer fan said it was one of the best coached teams he had ever seen. I think we're seeing some of that now.

What I really like is that we're discussing how we keep a really good coach. Helluva change, ain't it?

man, remember the ricardo patton years, and how lazy, fat, david harrison was all we had, those years were great

to be fair a lot of used were scared of the Boyle hire because we got hawkenized.

And Bz'd, too. There are only so many times that the strategy of hiring off of I25 is gonna work.

Back