What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle's comments on beating Sean Miller amid FBI investigation

Haven't heard much about the FBI investigation lately. Are they backing off some? Building up for a big splash? Working to try to get some key individuals to flip so they can get convictions against some big names (like Miller?)

It’s got to be satisfying in his shoes just having it out there in the news that they pay players. He’s been playing against a stacked deck knowingly and didn’t say anything. Interesting he brought up USC too who wasn’t even in the question. You know he wants a win Wednesday. I ****ing love Tad.

Greatest head coach in the history of the program

Haven't heard much about the FBI investigation lately. Are they backing off some? Building up for a big splash? Working to try to get some key individuals to flip so they can get convictions against some big names (like Miller?)
Yes

Neg rep for spoiling result in a thread title!

Come on man, there was no reason you had to do that.:mad:

Honestly, I don't see where what he said was all that explosive or controversial. He's saying that AZ and SC are the most talented teams in the conference, and agreeing with the reporter's implication that they may not have been completely clean in assembling that talent.

Yeah, he's also saying that it feels extra good to beat them, given the knowledge that they might not be the cleanest program, but still - he's not calling Miller specifically a cheater, he's not saying the only reason they're good is because they cheated, and he's saying that he still has great respect for Miller.

I think he was still pretty political and complimentary, while also answering a question honestly. He could have been much harsher, imo.

Honestly, I don't see where what he said was all that explosive or controversial. He's saying that AZ and SC are the most talented teams in the conference, and agreeing with the reporter's implication that they may not have been completely clean in assembling that talent.

Yeah, he's also saying that it feels extra good to beat them, given the knowledge that they might not be the cleanest program, but still - he's not calling Miller specifically a cheater, he's not saying the only reason they're good is because they cheated, and he's saying that he still has great respect for Miller.

I think he was still pretty political and complimentary, while also answering a question honestly. He could have been much harsher, imo.
Believe what you want.

Believe what you want.

Hey, maybe he personally feels much more like the way people are thinking he does. All I'm saying is that if you take what he said, and especially the way he said it, I think people are reading a lot more into it than Tad intended. Perhaps correctly, but it's still people reading into it.

JMO.

If you recorded a CU game and don’t want to know the result before you watch, a word of advice: DON’T OPEN ALLBUFFS!
Also, don't think you can just watch the Sling Pac-12 on demand version of a game. I missed the ASU game so I watched it on demand. It was the Pac-12 Mountain encore version of the game. They had the final score scrolling on the crawl throughout the game. SMFH. Really? Also, the first 10 minutes were Olympic sports filler (or some other nonsense I skipped to get to the game.) Then midway through the first half "We now join this program already in progress" flashed on the screen and it skipped about 10 minutes of the game. Seriously bush league. I wonder if this is just a Sling issue or an issue with Pac-12 on demand on all platforms?

The implications of what he was saying were pretty clear. He was making it known that it feels good to beat a cheater without cheating. The Zona fans aren't going to like it because nobody likes being called a cheater, even if they know it is true and to get it on the same day as a program they consider to not be worthy of sharing the same court as they are on beat them with a bunch of freshman that they wouldn't bother to recruit adds salt to the wound.

Agree though that Tad said what he needed to say in a tactful manner. He never mentioned cheating specifically, paying players, paying "agents", academic compromises, or other specific violations. He didn't need to, the CU fans, the UA fans, the PAC fans in general knew exactly what he was talking about.

I can guarantee that at least 5-6 other PAC 12 coaches wish they had the win and the courage to be able to make those same statements. We will never know but I would bet that Tad got multiple off the record congratulatory calls from other coaches not just for the win but for his comments.

Also, don't think you can just watch the Sling Pac-12 on demand version of a game. I missed the ASU game so I watched it on demand. It was the Pac-12 Mountain encore version of the game. They had the final score scrolling on the crawl throughout the game. SMFH. Really? Also, the first 10 minutes were Olympic sports filler (or some other nonsense I skipped to get to the game.) Then midway through the first half "We now join this program already in progress" flashed on the screen and it skipped about 10 minutes of the game. Seriously bush league. I wonder if this is just a Sling issue or an issue with Pac-12 on demand on all platforms?

I don't live in the footprint of the Pac-12 Network. I watch on Dish where I only get the national network. On any of the games in any sport that are re-broadcast, they leave out parts of the game. Sadly, it's the way they rebroadcast. Sometimes it's because the game ran long, but not always. IMO, they can cut the halftime and leave the game in the rebroadcast.

I don't live in the footprint of the Pac-12 Network. I watch on Dish where I only get the national network. On any of the games in any sport that are re-broadcast, they leave out parts of the game. Sadly, it's the way they rebroadcast. Sometimes it's because the game ran long, but not always. IMO, they can cut the halftime and leave the game in the rebroadcast.
Yeah, I get that they have to cut game rebroadcasts to fit the replay time slot. What makes no sense is making the truncated version with the final score in the crawl available on demand rather than the game as it actually aired.

If you recorded a CU game and don’t want to know the result before you watch, a word of advice: DON’T OPEN ALLBUFFS!
Thats one view.

Another is that Allbuffs benefits evry time i click, and encouraging members not to visit the site is counter to AB's best interests.

I visit AB for more than sports and have grown used to NOT seeing hoops reaults spoiled in thread titles.

Maybe I'm the only member who DVR'd the game Saturday so he could log family time, hoping to watch the time Sunday morning while nursing a hangover, but nevertheless curious if there was interesting new political discussion while eating breakfast.

I mean, shjt, the same poster put spoiler alert in the Star Wars thread title, a movie maybe 50% of Allbuffers will ever see. No reason to ruin the hoops result, a game allmost all of us will see.

But, whatever.

Dude, you’re essentially complaining that nobody warned you that you might be bitten by snakes after jumping down a hole where you knew there’re hundreds of them. Use common ****ing sense.

Also, a) Star Wars was the most anticipated movie of the year and b) the majority of folk watch sports live at the same time. That’s not the case for cinema releases.

Nevermind that common ****ing sense would suggest that you’re significantly more likely to find a spoiler for a sports event on a sports centered website than a spoiler for a movie on a sports centered website.

Thats one view.

Another is that Allbuffs benefits evry time i click, and encouraging members not to visit the site is counter to AB's best interests.

I visit AB for more than sports and have grown used to NOT seeing hoops reaults spoiled in thread titles.

Maybe I'm the only member who DVR'd the game Saturday so he could log family time, hoping to watch the time Sunday morning while nursing a hangover, but nevertheless curious if there was interesting new political discussion while eating breakfast.

I mean, shjt, the same poster put spoiler alert in the Star Wars thread title, a movie maybe 50% of Allbuffers will ever see. No reason to ruin the hoops result, a game allmost all of us will see.

But, whatever.
I’ve learned that if I record something I really want to see without knowing the results, I have to avoid ANYTHING that might show the results. So I don’t listen to sports radio or look at text messages or, especially for CU sports, open up an Allbuffs forum. For instance Rockies’ opening day is a big one for me. I avoid anything that might show the result. If it’s a CU event, I SURE AS HELL avoid a CU sports fan board.

I tell you what REALLY sucks is when the Olympics are on. With them in Korea it’s going to be almost impossible.

So, what is hokiehead’s rule for the amount of time that passes before a thread title can refer to a game result? Two days? A week? How long do we need to be careful?

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out why this is a big deal. On many CU events the RSSBot has thread titles with the results posted within minutes of the end of the event.

Agree with @DBT and others, if you don't want the result of a CU game don't come to a place where the results of CU games are the topic of discussion.

I’ve learned that if I record something I really want to see without knowing the results, I have to avoid ANYTHING that might show the results. So I don’t listen to sports radio or look at text messages or, especially for CU sports, open up an Allbuffs forum. For instance Rockies’ opening day is a big one for me. I avoid anything that might show the result. If it’s a CU event, I SURE AS HELL avoid a CU sports fan board.

I tell you what REALLY sucks is when the Olympics are on. With them in Korea it’s going to be almost impossible.

So, what is hokiehead’s rule for the amount of time that passes before a thread title can refer to a game result? Two days? A week? How long do we need to be careful?
There is no hokie rule.

Back to the topic at hand... Hell Yes- Tad is a great coach, the best in the history of CU basketball, and I'm sure glad he has the cajones to call it like it is. Tad made it very clear- he does things the right way and is rightfully proud of beating teams that don't.

Back